• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New 1000 yd. Range in North AL (Updated)

Night Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
Cullman, AL
Guys

Just got word from a friend that there will be a new 1000 yard range near Albertville and Guntersville in the near future.

Ground has bee broken on it and the indoor range as well. It sounds like it is going to be top notch. I will report more details as I find them out.

Re: New 1000 yd. Range in North AL

That sound's great. Please PM me when you find out membership info,location and opening date. I wish it was closer to the middle of the state but I will take what we can get! Thanks T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys

Just got word from a friend that there will be a new 1000 yard range near Albertville and Guntersville in the near future.

Ground has bee broken on it and the indoor range as well. It sounds like it is going to be top notch. I will report more details as I find them out. </div></div>

Keep us posted. I know a 300 is up an running and their pushing out to 600 now. Plan was to 1K an it's S/W of Boaz.

One question, by any chance is this info in anyway associated with a tac store out of Albertville?

FYI,... another short range w/match's is going in near Springville, search Tac Range LLC.

I'm always looking for more, Pistol vs steel as well, w/targets to 100yds + -

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys

Ground has bee broken on it and the indoor range as well. It sounds like it is going to be top notch. I will report more details as I find them out. </div></div>

Keep us posted. I know a 300 is up an running and their pushing out to 600 now. Plan was to 1K an it's S/W of Boaz.

One question, by any chance is this info in anyway associated with a tac store out of Albertville?

FYI,... another short range w/match's is going in near Springville, search Tac Range LLC.

I'm always looking for more, Pistol vs steel as well, w/targets to 100yds + - </div></div>

Yes, Mark from ATS in A'ville was telling me about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Mark from ATS in A'ville was telling me about it.
</div></div>

OK,...Thanks,

I'm not far away over in NW Georgia. Interested too! Post any new news please.

I will be at Mark's shop toward the end of this week but this is what I know now.

Out to 300 is finished and they are working out to 600 now. Sounds like it will be Oct.-Nov. range before we get to 1000. Current thoughts are that the price will be $150-$200 for an annual membership but that could change depending on the other facilities to be added. Not sure on a day rate yet.

I will report back with more as soon as I know it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be at Mark's shop toward the end of this week but this is what I know now.

Out to 300 is finished and they are working out to 600 now. Sounds like it will be Oct.-Nov. range before we get to 1000. Current thoughts are that the price will be $150-$200 for an annual membership but that could change depending on the other facilities to be added. Not sure on a day rate yet.

I will report back with more as soon as I know it.

</div></div>

If you can, find out if they'll be open for shooting at 300 to 600 before 1000 is ready. Looking for a place to shoot this Fall as my local shooting area will be full of deer hunters. Thanks,

Small world, Im also from Cullman, we shoot on a farm off hw 278 just west of the interstate out to 750 yards on steel targets if your interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighPoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small world, Im also from Cullman, we shoot on a farm off hw 278 just west of the interstate out to 750 yards on steel targets if your interested. </div></div>

I am very interested. PM me the info if you don't mind. Is it a private range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighPoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small world, Im also from Cullman, we shoot on a farm off hw 278 just west of the interstate out to 750 yards on steel targets if your interested. </div></div>

I am very interested. PM me the info if you don't mind. Is it a private range? </div></div>
It is a good friends family farm, its nothing fancy just laying on the ground slinging some lead. I am planning a trip on august 27 or 28, depending on how my work goes, Im employed at Topre America and working "ALOT" of overtime.

I do have a my private range at my dads with a shooting bench and backstops at 240 yards and 160 yards. I do casual shooting and load development there. Only catch is there is a hay field through the woods behind the range, Owners are good friends of my dads and if they are out cuting or bailing hay , the range is CLOSED.

Im in! I need a place to shoot past 300 that is close. Gas costs kill my shooting budget.

Breaking ground on the 1k this week if it stays dry. Currently about a month ahead of schedule as of now.

Is there a website or any info on possible fees/membership yet?

Night Hunter: Please keep us up to date. I am very interested in joining.

I'm potentially interested. That's not terribly far from me.

I'm interested also. Any chance of narrowing down the location? Trying to figure out how far a drive it would be for me.

Thanks.

Sounds like fees are going to be $200 or under for membership. No website yet.

The location will be close to Alder Springs, AL closest cities are Albertville and Guntersville. The range will be about 10 min. from each and about that far from Guntersville State Park.

I will keep you guys updated as I know it. Hoping to be opening to 1k in Nov.

I am very interested only about 3 hours away it would be worth the trip 3 or 4 times a year. Please keep me posted on the opening of the 1000 yard range and some contact info. For the range.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like fees are going to be $200 or under for membership. No website yet.

The location will be close to Alder Springs, AL closest cities are Albertville and Guntersville. The range will be about 10 min. from each and about that far from Guntersville State Park.

I will keep you guys updated as I know it. Hoping to be opening to 1k in Nov. </div></div>

Hell yeah! Possibly in Nov for under $200. I can't wait!

Will this range have steel or paper targets?

For the love of god, if you're gonna charge an annual membership, hang some steel. If it's $200/yr, and there isn't steel up, I'm out.

Can someone send me info. I am in Birmingham and need somewhere to shoot loooong. Thanks

Finally some news!

Out to 600 is open to shoot. The benches and pavilion is not finished yet though.

They are now taking memberships as well. For info or a membership, call Mark at 256-660-1450

Also, let him know I sent you.

Jerremy

Hi Guys
I'm the director of the new range in Albertville Al.We are still doing dozer work but we have started taking membership they are $150.00 year for NRA members and $185.00 for non-members the extra $35.00 is for a NRA membership which we pay for you. All members have to be NRA members.We will be doing daily membership when we work out the details.We are letting members shoot now but we still have a lot of work to do. Anyone interested in seeing the range can call Barry or Mark at 256.660.1450 or email us at [email protected] . The web page is alabamatacticalshooters.com we have just started it so there is not much there but more will come. Also facebook search Alabama Tactical Shooters. I will try to post some pictures soon let me if you have any questions and I will try to answer them
Barry

Ok Guys
after reading some of your post we are going to put some steel targets on the 600 and the 1000 yards ranges for those of you who like to shoot steel how about ideas on type and size of the target you would like to see.

It was all good up until the NRA spiel.
I don't need to shoot that bad,...

Im a nra member and $20.00 sounds good, but $50.00 for a 1 day visit is a bit much. When is the 1k range going hot? Me and a buddy are planning on stopping by when its open.

Also on the steel, I find that 1.25 to 1.5 moa steel targets are the best to use, maybe a bit bigger or smaller at the ranges as well, for some sighters and challenge shots.

The price I gave you has only been talked about it has not been set in stone by the board. We are still talking about a lot of details we have to work out. We only started taking memberships because of all the people that wanted to shoot on the range and to go ahead and get a membership. One thing I will let you in on is that the board is going to do is give the first 150 members is to lock there dues at the same rate for 5 years
The 1k range is not going to be started till after 1st of the year so I think it will be around spring. And if you are going to be down this way I will be happy to take you or anyone out to see the range no charge and we welcome any ideas that will make it better

Went up Sunday and got there a little late. Shot pistols most of the evening and shot out to 450 with the deer rifles. This will be a great spot once it is finished.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zombie Killerz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Guys
after reading some of your post we are going to put some steel targets on the 600 and the 1000 yards ranges for those of you who like to shoot steel how about ideas on type and size of the target you would like to see. </div></div>

If i was picking the steel, i'd probably have at least one large gong, round or square, at each terminal berm for 600 and 1 k, say 15" (2 moa+) at 600 and 20" (so its at least 2 moa) at 1k, plus a 1 moa and 1.5 moa plate at each berm. That way if the wind is blowing like mad and it is real tough to get on the 1 moa plate you have a better shot at making your hits (and know you are in ballpark) with the 2 moa+ plates and you can challenge yourself with the smaller plates (imho), you may want to have a steel plate shooting tree at 600 (they are always fun!)
(planning to call you this week to sign up)

Thanks for the ideas and I sure that we will use some of them I have received a lot of good ideas and we are going to use some of all them. One of the first shoot we are going to have is a long distance rife match out to 600 yards with difference sizes at difference ranges.Note this is just in the planning mode and will take place we hope sometime in march. So new question if you was coming to this type of match would you like to know the distances of eash target.Or be unknow to make it more of a challenge.If anyone has any ideas on what will make it more fun please let me know

Is 1000 yard range open yet? If so , is there steel targets set or do we need to bring our personal steel to set up? Thanks , I have been waiting on the 1k for a while now.

It is not. I talked to Mark and he said the weather and the holidays have them behind schedule. I have no idea when it will be ready. Sounds like another month or more.

When you guys go back out around cullman, let me know. I have a new 7saum that I am itching to try out. As soon as it gets back from ARP for camo of course.

I went up the other day and construction is still going but the rain has just made it impossible to work, or at least it looked like it to me.

600 looked clear but there were no rear safety mounds or tables...

Maybe it will quit raining one day.