• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 22/45 coming out?

Tanman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
Richmond, VA
I just saw this.. cheaperthandirt.com

I've been looking at threaded .22 pistols to use as a host for my first suppressor when I get it, and I have narrowed it down to a few..
I keep trying to make up my mind between the GSG 1911 and a MK II/III/22/45, and this might have made my mind up.
I like the GSG because it's pretty much exactly like a .45 1911, but I would like the option of adding a mini red dot down the road, and I'm not sure if I can do that and keep the irons.
The rugers with the rail on top allow me to do that. Not to mention I can use one of the bolt locks from TBA Suppressors if I so desire later on. I don't think that's happening with the GSG.

Bolt lock- tbasuppressors.com

You guys heard anything else about the ruger?

Re: New 22/45 coming out?

FYI for all you MK II users, we just installed a bolt lock for a customer that tore the collateral ligament off of his thumb while trying to hold the bolt shut on his MK II. Not only is this dangerous, it is absolutely impossible to shoot one of those pistols accurately while putting enough force on the back of the bolt to keep it from cycling.