• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 22 for krg bravo.

Palo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
I want to buy a new 22lr and put it into a krg bravo chassis.
My choices are the tikka T1x the bergara B14 barreled action or the cz457 varmint or mtr.
I know individual rifles can vary in the same models but which rifle would you buy if accuracy was your goal.
Oh by the way I can't afford a voodoo

Reactions: Bartt
Honestly, all three are nice. If you have the opportunity go look at all three and see which one tickles your fancy. They all have their upsides and downsides. Accuracy wise, from what I have seen it is a dead heat. I currently have a T1x, but have played a lot with the Bergara's so I will give you my observations. I have not played around with the 457 to give a real opinion, so I will let others chime in on that.

The Tikka has the slickest bolt operation out of the box. Adding a $10 spring to the trigger makes it more than adequate. There are some aftermarket barrels available. Downside is that some people have had ejection issues and have to tweak the spring. I have had two of them and both worked perfectly, but it is something to be aware of.

The Bergara's I have had the chance to shoot seemed to be pretty clunky when it comes to bolt operation, enough to cause some issue on barricades for me.. The factory triggers were not great and would be the first thing that I would replace. Other than that, they all shot great.

Reactions: Palo
Out of the box Tikka T1X has the smoothest bolt and the highest chance of good accuracy. Out of the 4 I've shot with it has amazed me at how well they've shot. The CZ 457's definitely feel like much more of a lottery in terms of trying to find the right ammo that works with it. The 457 MTRs though are very solid shooting machines.

Price wise... 457 MTR + Krg Bravo is a very good match setup, but a MTR is the same as a Bergara B14R Barreled Action. The B14R vs MTR I think it's more of a lottery on what B14R you end up with, but getting into the R700 platform and all the accessory upgrades is interesting. I also don't like the B14R action, it's like this weird double click bolt lift.

Stock stock, though the T1X w/ a $10 spring (or no spring, it's still a very, very crisp 1-stage trigger @ 2lbs). It feeds and shoots everything well.

My choices are the tikka T1x the bergara B14 barreled action or the cz457 varmint or mtr.
I know individual rifles can vary in the same models but which rifle would you buy if accuracy was your goal.
I just put my T1X into a KRG Bravo, love the chassis. I also have a B14R in factory stock. Both shoot sub Moa out to 200yds.
Mark

Another vote for the Tikka. Pretty stupid accuracy out of the box and parts are readily available since it shares the same platform as the T3. You just have to feed them good ammo. No matter what you pick you can't feed it thunderbolts and expect them all to be in the same hole.

Reactions: WeeHooker
Thanks for the replies. I will try to get a look at all 3 when things open up again over here. We are in lockdown at present.

Well I got fed up waiting and just went and ordered the Tikka and a bravo chassis in stealth grey.
Just wondering what torque on the action screws people are using with this set up.

All of your choices are easily customized and have a good selection of aftermarket parts and add on stuff available. I'm not sure if any one of them has a higher ceiling of possibly accuracy than the others so....... Buy one and play with it until you are tired of it then buy the next one and repeat. Just think of the guns as Blonde, Brunette and Redhead. Use them until they start to get on your nerves and dump them and get another.

I have my action screws at 50 in./lbs. front and rear, but I played around with different settings until I found the best harmonics/accuracy. A friend of mine with the T1x/Bravo is at about 60 in./lbs.
I have found decent accuracy gains on pretty much all of my rimfires by playing around with the torque on the action screws. I usually start at about 40 in./lbs. in a chassis and work my way up slowly.

Take a look at the MDT chassis.

I did look at the mdt oryx but I prefer the bravo.
I have a couple of bravos on other rifles and I really like them.
They are also lighter than most other chassis and as I will be using the rifle for hunting as well as targets I think its the best choice for me.

Reactions: Fritzfritz
Factory rifle except for the bravo chassis, my T1x is dancing at .5moa @100 yards with CCI 0056 22lr ammo. I’m very happy with how the factory barrel performs.

I just built a Bergara B14R on an MDT Oryx. Still breaking it in and tuning the mags. The mag latch engagement is fine but there is a little tilt with the mag inserted. I shimmed them tonight with a couple layers of aluminum tape, will test again in the next day or two. If it doesn't work out I have a KRG Bravo to try it in as well.
20210206_150112.jpg

I concur... I took a long hard look at the bravo and the MDT chassis for the pro varmint. I just wanted to try the MDT more....both were neck in neck