• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New .260 Build

T-Hoe

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Marion, IL
I am very excited with my .260 built by "toygunner".
Specs.
Trued Rem 700 S/A
26" Kreiger 8 twist
H.S. stock bedded
Badger BDM
Jewell trigger
PTG bolt
Baldwin's Killer Camo paint

My load is 142sie over 4831sc. 5 shot group pictured.
100_0542.jpg
100_0543.jpg
100_0544.jpg

Re: New .260 Build

Nice, I am curious what brass and powder charge you are using. I just purchased a custom as well and 4831sc seems to be "THE" powder in mine with every 140ish grain bullet I have tried.

Is the paint airbrushed or spray canned?

That's a nice rifle and it seems to shoot well also. Did you fire that group or did the builder?

Toygunner is right, 46.7 4831sc. The paint is airbrushed. I shot that group today. I have had several 3 shot group like that, but that is the best 5 shot I have shot since we changed the trigger.

You might want to also try 139 gr scenar with either 47gr of 4831sc or 43 gr of 4350. Super accurate in every rifle we've tried them on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toygunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he's using 46.7 of H4831Sc in a Rem. case if I remember right.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Toygunner is right, 46.7 4831sc. </div></div>

Thanks guys. There seems to be a nice and wide node right in there (46.6-47.4) with the lapua 139's, 140 amax and the berger vld I have used thus far.

Thanks for all the good reply's. I am very pleased with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tony1965</div><div class="ubbcode-body">t-hoe what trigger did you put in? </div></div>

It's called reading comprehension.
laugh.gif

Very nice rifle. That is a sick paint job. Can't wait to get my .260 project going. Congrats

Remington varmint contour.The OAL is 2.845 with the 142s. The reamer, I forgot. Maybe toygunner will chime in.

You guys are killin me with these sick 260s. I cant get one built fast enough. Thats a sweet rig. Thanks for the load info.

I recently decided to pursue a build in 260 and your rifle only reaffirms why. Great rifle. Can't wait to get one myself.

The .260s are the tits. Plain and simple. Nice rifle OP and congrats!

I could never get the velocity I wanted with 4831SC so I opted for 4350. Both made amazing groups.

Look at using Norma brass when you get time. I have over 11 firings on many pieces and they still seem like once fired brass. Good luck with the Rem. brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango__Down</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .260s are the tits. Plain and simple. Nice rifle OP and congrats!

I could never get the velocity I wanted with 4831SC so I opted for 4350. Both made amazing groups.

Look at using Norma brass when you get time. I have over 11 firings on many pieces and they still seem like once fired brass. Good luck with the Rem. brass. </div></div>

Have you guys tried Varget? I am new to reloading and just had a SAC 260 built. I cant wait to try it. I bought the 139 lapua, 142 smk and the amax in the same weight range. Curious about varget as that is the only powder I have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you guys tried Varget? I am new to reloading and just had a SAC 260 built. I cant wait to try it. I bought the 139 lapua, 142 smk and the amax in the same weight range. Curious about varget as that is the only powder I have. </div></div>

Varget typically provides very good accuracy, but gives up velocity to H4350, H4831SC and RL-17.

In my 26" 260, 37.8gr Varget gives me 2740fps with a 140gr A-Max in virgin Lapua brass, while 43.2gr H4350 gives me 2820fps.

I do like 39.3gr Varget with the 123 A-Max; 2930fps from my barrel and 5-shot 0.5" @ 100yd accuracy.

wow i know this sounds like a broken record but i cant wait to get my 260 and start load developing. it seems like its the 260 is all the rage now

Very nice. After shooting my buddies .260 I'd love to do up a custom one but I'm torn between a .260 and a 7mm WSM, in time I'm sure I'll have both.