• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .260 on the way!

Spencerhut

Private
Minuteman
Brad at Cason Engineering put the following together for me.
Lilja 18 in Barrel rifle length gas system
Cason Engineering Enhanced Bolt and Low Mass Carrier
Surefire Muzzle Break (Cason makes a nice Titanium brake, but I'm running a suppressor)
Cason Engineering 23 oz Billet Receivers
Carbine 308 Buffer Assembly
Magpul PRS
Magpul AR-10 Grip
Midwest Industries Key Mod Hand Guard
Cerkoted Tungsten Grey
Weight is 8 pounds

Have a USO 3.5-17 in a LaRue mount ready and waiting. :)

It's here! I can not wait to shoot it. I'm planning on shooting this along with an LRP-07 in .260 this weekend. Going to use a USO 3.2-17 in Larue mounts to test.

It weighs right at 9lb with no glass.

Not sure if I like the Ergo stock yet or not. I have a PRS waiting to go on just in case.
14994420155_e030b03e42_b.jpg

14807796278_2528958a44_b.jpg

Trying the new grey Magpul
14807815838_49867c0f90_b.jpg

Commie mag lock and a custom touch.
14994418555_ae18c62603_b.jpg

Adjustable gas block
14807726329_cf45efee4f_b.jpg

Flat spring
14994037472_0b679cd0a7_b.jpg

Bolt looks nice.
14994405235_81d6dd9210_b.jpg

14994048012_51766be581_b.jpg

Last edited:
You're going to put a 2' long USO on that thing?

In a Larue mount?

You had me for a while.

Good Luck.

Can and did, and why the hell not? The USO is only 18.5" with the ARD. Got something better you want to loan me to test with? Also swapped in a GA SD-C and function checked it. Ran great! Soft, cycled perfectly. Next I'll do some groups with this gun and my LRP-07.
14992266801_9e6bc289ed_o.jpg

Looking slick. Did he Loc-tite the barrel extension? I'm interested to see how the MI Gen II KMR works out for accuracy. That receiver set looks great. Those stocks have never worked out with me for cheek weld, and I installed one of the first pre-production models on one of my Force Recon buddy's AR's back in the day. He was actually a Navy Corpsman assigned to a Force Recon Company. I think they were actually using those as an issue item at one time.

Looking slick. Did he Loc-tite the barrel extension? I'm interested to see how the MI Gen II KMR works out for accuracy. That receiver set looks great. Those stocks have never worked out with me for cheek weld, and I installed one of the first pre-production models on one of my Force Recon buddy's AR's back in the day. He was actually a Navy Corpsman assigned to a Force Recon Company. I think they were actually using those as an issue item at one time.

Not sure about the Loc-tite. I'll ask.

I've got a PRS waiting in the wings if the Ergo does not work out. I have a former Special Operations corpsman that works for me hoping this Cason works out for me so he can have my LRP-07. :)

It's "too" bad ass.

You made a very sweet rifle, no doubt.

Look around for some diff. scope/mount options. All I'm saying.

She looks like a hammer, dude.

Good Luck.

It's "too" bad ass.

You made a very sweet rifle, no doubt.

Look around for some diff. scope/mount options. All I'm saying.

She looks like a hammer, dude.

Good Luck.

Totally suckered you with the "to" - "too" thing. I knew you could not resist correcting it. :)

I can only afford one $3k scope at the moment. What is a better mount that is easy to move from gun to gun?

You miss my point.

You took great pains to make a 8 lbs. rifle, and the then put a very large/heavy scope on it.

Your rifle is the "tits", no doubt. Very, very well done.

But please, don't talk about "suckers".

USO/Larue is laughable, for your application.

I wish you the best.

Why is the LaRue/USO combo laughable, and why is it ok to pipe in and slam this guy who wanted to share pics of his blaster?

It seems like there's this trend here to start criticizing people's posts for absolutely no reason, and I don't quite understand it. Is there a "read me" that I missed, because I'm really trying to understand this.

I don't know the OP from Adam, just wondering.

You miss my point.

You took great pains to make a 8 lbs. rifle, and the then put a very large/heavy scope on it.

Your rifle is the "tits", no doubt. Very, very well done.

But please, don't talk about "suckers".

USO/Larue is laughable, for your application.

I wish you the best.

Wanna be the grammar police? Have to mess with you.

The USO is on there to test the gun. Not sure what the final optic will be.

You did not say what is better than the Larue . . . .

. . . and you called me an ass, I can call you pretty much anything from here on out.

Last edited:
Why is the LaRue/USO combo laughable, and why is it ok to pipe in and slam this guy who wanted to share pics of his blaster?

It seems like there's this trend here to start criticizing people's posts for absolutely no reason, and I don't quite understand it. Is there a "read me" that I missed, because I'm really trying to understand this.

Thanks.

One can do a lot better than Larue.

I don't k now him, from Adam, either.

He put together a very nice, light rifle, in .260, no less.

Someone help me out, here.

Larue isn't the best QD mount out there, by a long shot.
Someone please post the pic of how the Larue cams against the rail.

ADM, Bobro does a much better job.

I didn't call you an ass, that's self described.

Show me, in my post, where I did that.

You took the time/trouble to make a very lightweight AR platform.

You're the one one that that put the USO T-Pal scope on it. Great for a bolt rifle, an AR, not so much.

One suggestion: Leupold MK6 3-18x, 1/2 the length, weight. I'm not endorsing a specific brand/scope. Look around. If that is what you have, great.

Don't make your 8 lbs. rifle, 13 lbs. As far as Larue mounts go, you really can do much, much better.

This advice cost me thousands to learn.

Nice rifle, you did your homework. Scope/mount, not so much.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
One can do a lot better than Larue.

I don't k now him, from Adam, either.

He put together a very nice, light rifle, in .260, no less.

Someone help me out, here.

Larue isn't the best QD mount out there, by a long shot.
Someone please post the pic of how the Larue cams against the rail.

ADM, Bobro does a much better job.

I didn't call you an ass, that's self described.

Show me, in my post, where I did that.

You took the time/trouble to make a very lightweight AR platform.

You're the one one that that put the USO T-Pal scope on it. Great for a bolt rifle, an AR, not so much.

One suggestion: Leupold MK6 3-18x, 1/2 the length, weight. I'm not endorsing a specific brand/scope. Look around. If that is what you have, great.

Don't make your 8 lbs. rifle, 13 lbs. As far as Larue mounts go, you really can do much, much better.

This advice cost me thousands to learn.

Nice rifle, you did your homework. Scope/mount, not so much.

Good Luck.

Keyboard defilade serves you well.

ADM better than LaRue now? I've been using both for years, and the ADM seems to have to settle in, at least for me and when LoneWolfUSMC did his testing with one. I don't have that problem with LaRue's, but I see where you're coming from now. What I interpreted as you trying to help the OP out came across like you being really rough on the edges and criticizing, so I'll chalk it up to narrow bandwidth communication medium.

I've seen LaRue's in my courses that had not been tightened down well enough, with longitudinal movement of the mount, still drilling steel at distance and holding zero somehow on lightweight guns. I'm not a brand loyalist in that regard, just pointing out what I've seen over the years with a lot of mounts, and that experience has been more than once with the loose LaRue. Heck, I've seen improperly mounted LaRue mounts with only one clamp engaging the rail with a very heavy scope (S&B PMII) still killing targets at 700m and beyond.

I personally am leaning to axial clamping force with screws, rather than QD. None of them seem to really be QD whe you tighten them properly, at least the throw lever mounts. It takes a lot of purchasing force on the arms to get them to release, at least for me, and I'm by no means weak in the hands or upper body.

The USO 3.2-17x wouldn't be my first choice for a lightweight .260 Remington either, but I don't know exactly what he's doing with it. I've owned that scope before, so not just conjecture. I like the 1.8-10x37 on the AR10 and AR15 frames for its compactness and great glass.

You will learn, or not.

Unfortunately USO no longer manufactures the 1.8-10X37mm. It is a shame, really thought it was a super AR platform optic.

Will they continue to service them, it is up to them.

Good night, Gentlemen.

Last edited:
ADM better than LaRue now? I've been using both for years, and the ADM seems to have to settle in, at least for me and when LoneWolfUSMC did his testing with one. I don't have that problem with LaRue's, but I see where you're coming from now. What I interpreted as you trying to help the OP out came across like you being really rough on the edges and criticizing, so I'll chalk it up to narrow bandwidth communication medium.

I've seen LaRue's in my courses that had not been tightened down well enough, with longitudinal movement of the mount, still drilling steel at distance and holding zero somehow on lightweight guns. I'm not a brand loyalist in that regard, just pointing out what I've seen over the years with a lot of mounts, and that experience has been more than once with the loose LaRue. Heck, I've seen improperly mounted LaRue mounts with only one clamp engaging the rail with a very heavy scope (S&B PMII) still killing targets at 700m and beyond.

I personally am leaning to axial clamping force with screws, rather than QD. None of them seem to really be QD whe you tighten them properly, at least the throw lever mounts. It takes a lot of purchasing force on the arms to get them to release, at least for me, and I'm by no means weak in the hands or upper body.

The USO 3.2-17x wouldn't be my first choice for a lightweight .260 Remington either, but I don't know exactly what he's doing with it. I've owned that scope before, so not just conjecture. I like the 1.8-10x37 on the AR10 and AR15 frames for its compactness and great glass.

The USO 3.2-17x is just to see how the Cason shoots next to my LRP-07, that is it. I think I mentioned that. As light as the gun is, 1 to 10 seems about right.