• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW 300 270 7mm wsm detachable mags.

RWSGunsmithing

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2006
    Manning, Iowa
    www.rwsgunsmithing.com
    Well I received a few alpha mags in and here is a few details.

Type 4 unlined magazineis designed to take 10 rounds of ammo. They are designed for the 300wsm-7wsm style of cases. The internal oal is 2.985 and can accomadate ammo loaded to a comfortable 2.970. Mags are 5" long.

I took a mag out the the rifle in the last picture to go test fire both the rifle and the mag. Well both worked and feed flawlessly. Fit and finish on the mag is excellent. The outside of the mag is finished in a teflon black coating and should hold up for many years of use.

Also the rifle and mags will be for sale shortly on my website and I'll make a post in the for sale section.

badger300wsm001.jpg

badger300wsm002.jpg

badger300wsm004.jpg

Re: NEW 300 270 7mm wsm detachable mags.

Looks good. I'll be in for a couple. I hate having to tear up my AI mags to feed the WSM cartridges...Hopefully this new mag will keep from doing that and feed 10 instead of 7.

Respectfully,

--KJ

Very nice sir. Please keep us posted on when they're ready for sale!

Quick shipping. I received the package today. They look great, but I have to wait on a field test.

Thanks again!!

RWSgunsmithing, do you make these mags, I need a mag that will fit a .17 fireball, it seems nobody has made one yet and I really need one badly for a custom build.

These mags look real good .

What I would like to see as well is the following .

1 ) A 10rd 300WM , AICS mag , just like AI made for a limited run.

2 ) A 10rd 338LM , just like the 10rd mag made for the Ashbury , double columb , single feed , the mag Accurate Mag will not sell to any one ?

Later Chris

That is one sweet rifle. I might have to get a couple of those mags from you one of these times.

284 Win I do thing is a long action, these are for Short action WSM rounds. They hold 9 7MM WSM and 10 300 WSM..I worked with Chris to make these happen, They look real nice
    smile.gif
    And work awesome with my Fn DBM as well as everything else(I put on into my TikkA T3 and it fed no trouble, although the thing is a 308, it didn't go far,lol..but it will work)

got mine today...they look really good. Don't have a chance to run them yet but I will soon and comment.

my four regular ten round AI mags just breathed a sigh of relief seeing as they might not get drilled on and bent now...LOL

Respectfully,

--KJ

Interested in knowing how you're getting 2.985". I have one Accurate Mag (which is nothing but an AI mag with the spacer removed) and I measured mine at 2.975". Is Alpha using thinner metal? Alpha also doesn't list this on their site.

When will you have more available?

Thanx

A Big Thanks to Jeff at CDI. Jeff spent many hours on the phone with me working out the details of the magazine for the 300WSM. Jeff also gave sample metals and lent a couple of weapons for testing. Robert, thanks for getting these out here so people can purchase. This project has taken about (6) six months to complete and quite a bit of my time and money. The mag is built without a liner so no modifications are needed to load those longer rounds. Jeff asked that the magazine have an internal OAL of no less than 2.980. We were able to get out to 2.985 + or - .005. The proprietary teflon finish is also something we went with to make a good finished product. I also have a (6) six round version that is available if anyone wants some of those. Contact me at [email protected], Jeff at cdiprecisiongunworks.com or Robert at rwsnydergunsmithing.com. for any questions or orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2 ) A 10rd 338LM , just like the 10rd mag made for the Ashbury , double columb , single feed , the mag Accurate Mag will not sell to any one ?

Later Chris </div></div>

+1 On a 300WM 10 rounder

I ran one of these mags on my 7wsm in a match a few weeks ago. It was REALLY nice shooting 10 rd stages without reloading. The 10th round was a tight squeeze in the mag and therefore required a deliberate stroke to close the bolt, but all in all the mag fed and functioned without issue. I will buy another.

Good news and glad to hear it. I agree on the 10th round squeeze in, it is a tight fit.

Thank you for the feedback! I will see what I can do to improve for an easier 10th round load in.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 208Plinker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Later Chris </div></div>

+1 On a 300WM 10 rounder </div></div>

+1000

300 WSM Remington 700 in a McRees Stock. The Alpha mags ran great during dry fire practice this morning. Being able to have high capacity with this rig is fantastic. Thanks again.

Rem700300WSMA-1.jpg

I put one in a Tikka T3 with my DBM.. works good(it is a 308 rifle but it fed out of the mag fine)..Would be a nice rifle for a WSM build (Assuming the boltface is changeable or bolt is available with a larger bolt face):)