• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New 300 win Remage Build

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
Just finished up the 300 win remage build a couple weeks ago and finally had a few calm days to run some rounds down range. The rifle started out as rem 700 sps 300 win mag. I lapped the lugs once i removed the barrel and drilled the scope mounts out to 8-40 and that is all that was done to the action. I used a boyds laminate thumbhole (nutmeg) that i pillar/glass bedded using score high bedding/pillars. I also had to open up the barrel channel to accept the criterion 26" heavy varmint. When I installed the barrel I used criterions heavy recoil lug/barrel nut. The scope base is an EGW 0 MOA that is bedded to the action. I mounted my leupold VXIII 8.5-25X50 for load development. The attached images of the loads i have tried (excel sheet) all seemed to fair pretty well. I have decided to go with the IMR7828 (all loads are the Hornady 168 A-Max) as this has given me the best groups/velocity i was looking for. This will primarily be a hunting rig, so i am pretty happy with the results so far.

Attachments

• Rifle.jpg
    Rifle.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Reloads.JPG
    Reloads.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 34
  • Reloads-1.JPG
    Reloads-1.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Reloads-2.JPG
    Reloads-2.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 36
No the only thing i had to do was mill a slot in the receiver for the recoil lug to keep it straight upon installation. As far as the barrel nut nothing had to be modified. Nice 7 mag FMsniper. I was originally going to do a 7 but i already had everything for 300 so i decided to go with that.

I cant' decide between installing a short chamber Shillen Barrel or a Remage barrel. Every time I see someone do the Remage I lean more that way. :)