• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 300 WM

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
My newest 300WM. Built by a local smith back home in Missouri.

Specs:

Trued Rem 700
Bartlein 26in 1 in 10 twist
Badger 20 moa base
Badger FTE Brake
Jewell HVR set at 1.8lbs
AZ precision bolt knob
AICS 2.0 FDE
AICS monopod
Flat Black Duracoat

Waiting on my Parker-Hale Bipod and S&B 5-25x56 to get here.

STA60729.jpg

STA60725.jpg

STA60730.jpg

STA60722.jpg

STA60724.jpg

STA60723.jpg

Re: New 300 WM

Looks like mine. Very similar set up except mine is in OD green and AICS 1.5. Barrel is flutted. Everything was done by GAP. Awesome stick. Love mine 300 WM

Thanks guys.

Desert, I thought I was going to have the barrel fluted but I figured it was going to be heavy regardless and I don't really plan on shooting prolonged strings with it so I said screw it and saved the extra money for ammo.

The only thing that sucks is I won't get to shoot the thing for about another 6 months!!

What pill are you going to feed it? If I may suggest the 208 AMAX with a pinch of RL22, you are GTG.

Im having the same type build being built by Warner Tool.
Same barrel,muzzle brake,action but on an A-5 stock.

I figured I'd start w/ the 208s first since I already have some. I really want to try the 210s though. Not really to sure what powder or brass I'm going to use. I have tons of BH and FGMM but I might look at some new brass as well. Any suggestions for new brass??

I know I should not be jealous, but I am. Great looking gun in a very solid caliber. 300WM is definitely my next.

I really like the 300WM. I have 2 now but I really think in the future I'm going to try one of these cool wildcats out there. I just don't know if I'm ready for that yet
confused.gif

Very nice...I had a old DM PSS years ago but didn't use it much so I sold it , I'm sorry I did, now, after seeing yours you got me thinking I should get another...congrats...Be sure to post some pics after you getter up and running...JW

cheyenne19, I would really like to try the lapua brass. I'm sure it will be great stuff. How many uses do you normally get out of them??

Autoguns, can't wait to get it going!! It'll be a while though
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cheyenne19, I would really like to try the <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">lapua brass</span></span>. I'm sure it will be great stuff. How many uses do you normally get out of them??

Autoguns, can't wait to get it going!! It'll be a while though
frown.gif
</div></div>

Lapua brass in 300 win mag? Be prepared to shell out some serious money for them, since they have been discontinued by Lapua. I use Winchester brass and have no problem with it.

Macman, your making me drool all over myself.

I also just took the plunge on my first 300wm bolt gun and I was hoping to get some heavy match loads for it, but am having a HECK of a time finding any. Does anyone sell loaded 208Amax loads? I'm guessing the best I can do is to grab some B Hills 190 for break-in and then I'll have some winchester brass to load my own 208's. sound logical?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Macman, your making me drool all over myself.

I also just took the plunge on my first 300wm bolt gun and I was hoping to get some heavy match loads for it, but am having a HECK of a time finding any. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Does anyone sell loaded 208Amax loads?</span></span> I'm guessing the best I can do is to grab some B Hills 190 for break-in and then I'll have some winchester brass to load my own 208's. sound logical? </div></div>

The answer is NO at least at this time. The best that you can do with manufacturer ammo is the 190 SMK pills.

Yeah the most I've ever shot out of my 300's is the 190's. I have some of the 208's but I haven't used them yet. My other one just shot a little under .25in groups repeatedly about a week ago when I took it out with the BH match I have. It would be nice if this one could do that well with some factory ammo as well.

I think for now, as far as brass goes, I'll just use my BH brass once I can get a chance to load it up.

+1 on Lapua being high. I bought up some more around the time they discontinued it. From what I hear Winchester brass is very close. If I was doing it again that's probably what I would do. There was a time when I thought too much into things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are you going to use for optics? </div></div>
S&B 5-25 gen 2 XR

Thanks alot for the input and compliments guys. I will probably try the winchester brass once I need to buy new. I really don't think winchester would discontinue a winchester magnum cartridge.

Do you know why Lapua discontinued it?? Was there just not that many people using it to warrant production or something??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Macman, your making me drool all over myself.

I also just took the plunge on my first 300wm bolt gun and I was hoping to get some heavy match loads for it, but am having a HECK of a time finding any. Does anyone sell loaded 208Amax loads? I'm guessing the best I can do is to grab some B Hills 190 for break-in and then I'll have some winchester brass to load my own 208's. sound logical?</div></div>

Get ahold of ChadTRG42 here on the Hide and at http://www.dallasreloads.com and he might be able to help you with some loaded 208 AMAX ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What pill are you going to feed it? If I may suggest the 208 AMAX with a pinch of RL22, you are GTG. </div></div>

208's an Re-25, works well, also.

H1000 works great too.

Thanks for that link Rob.

I might have my wife ship him the rifle and have everything prepared when I get home without the work!!

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys.

Nik, I actually put is all together for "fairly" cheap. Just a little over $3K. A lot of guys farm out their work but I prefer to have everything done by one smith when doing a complete build. It normally takes less time and less money that way from my experience. Small things I farm out. Say if I only want a brake installed, and a bolt knob. Then I have no problem sending pieces to different people.