• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 308 build

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I'm starting a 308 biuld and looking for a 20 inch barrel, wanted a BA ,but the few places I looked were sold out , but I did find a Shaw 20 inch heavy conture with straight fluting, but have no experience with Shaw, anyone know if they're a quality barrel maker , it was on sale for 284 reg 370 if that makes a difference.

I'd look into X Caliber and skip those two. They just had a Halloween sale that's good for 30% off. I'm sure they will have another sale for black friday.

Reactions: msgriff
Buy the best 308 barrel you can afford.
You could blow god knows how much money, on ammo, trying to make a cheaper barrel shoot to your expectations.

Wilson currently has their 20" Fluted on sale. $267
https://wilsoncombat.com/barrel-308-winchester-super-sniper-20-fluted-stainless-glass-bead-1-10.html
I have a wilson on my valkyrie , it shoots great , I didn't look at Wilson's home page , you can usually beat their price at their distributors, but that's a good price ,I'm going to jump on it ,thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: bfoosh006
I'm starting a 308 biuld and looking for a 20 inch barrel, wanted a BA ,but the few places I looked were sold out , but I did find a Shaw 20 inch heavy conture with straight fluting, but have no experience with Shaw, anyone know if they're a quality barrel maker , it was on sale for 284 reg 370 if that makes a difference.

Chrome lined will last a long time in 308

Have them add a headspaced bolt to your order