• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New 308 die set

va_connoisseur

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2018
I’m planning to upgrade my die set. I currently use the Hornady Custom Grade dies. They were my first set and I have loaded some decent rounds, getting around .75 MOA out of my .308 Ruger Precision.

I am considering the Redding Competition Pro Series or a created set with a Forster Bushing Bump Neck Sizing Die Kit and Bench Rest Ultra Micrometer Seater Die. The brass will be for one rifle.

Are either of these sets a significant improvement over my current setup? I am most concerned about concentricity/runout.

I can't comment on the Bushing Neck sizing Die, But, I really like the Ultra Micrometer seating dies from Forster. I have them for nearly all calibers I load for. Idaho-5R

I can't comment on the Bushing Neck sizing Die, But, I really like the Ultra Micrometer seating dies from Forster. I have them for nearly all calibers I load for. Idaho-5R
Forster UM seater is a must have for me.

A great, simple and affordable setup for eliminating TIR is a Redding body die and Lee collet die with the Forster seater.

Reactions: Idaho-5R
I think I have about used them all and am very pleased with what I am using now.
Forster UM seaters and Honed out Forster FL dies.
I'm not over working my necks on any of the calibers that I reload for now going this route.
I'm doing a little experiment right now with a 308 using this setup. I am on my seventh reload with Lapua brass without annealing and my numbers and accuracy have not changed.

I think I have about used them all and am very pleased with what I am using now.
Forster UM seaters and Honed out Forster FL dies.
I'm not over working my necks on any of the calibers that I reload for now going this route.
I'm doing a little experiment right now with a 308 using this setup. I am on my seventh reload with Lapua brass without annealing and my numbers and accuracy have not changed.

Honed our Forster dies?