• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New 375 cheytac

tyler sparkman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2010
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Well I got my 375 chey tac over a year after I ordered my first part, and let me tell you it was worth the wait.
Rw Snyder did the assembly and did a fantastic job. First shot didn't really know what to expect it was very tame and a joy to shoot. Can't wait to stretch it's legs 800 is as far as I have shot it so far.

Stiller tac 408 1.600" action single shot 40 Moa rail
30" benchmark 1/10" twist spiral fluted
Xlr chassis
Jewell trigger 15 oz.
Spuhr mount 20 Moa
Night force atacr mil-r
Lra bipod
Snyders muzzle break
Weight was 21.5 before mount and scope so guessing 25 now

27zwxep.jpg

29f2po4.jpg

sw4oro.jpg

That is a lean an mean stick. Love the Barrel, gorgeous! Did you shoot for groups at that distance, 800? What was your load specs if ya don't mind sharing?

No I haven't yet I shot 800 on the fifth shot cause it's all the range I had. I did a ladder today at 500 kinda odd results might have been to close I'm shooting 352 ce Jamison brass coal is 4.420" started at 124 gr. and went to 135 gr. of retumbo with fed 215 primers

very beautiful rifle, very close to mine, I've only a different barrel ( Krieger ), scope and mount... I like the shape of your barrel

That twist fluting is hot even better if you just got the flute channels cerakoted armour black

Robert does nice work. Have used him for a few guns already. He will get more for 2014.

Wallet is going to get hurt on the next ones. But I love to play.

God Bless

Jeff

Thanks everyone. I'd thought about goin a differnent route on the scope but I went with this one cause of elevation. It has 34.5 mils of elevation left with a 200 yard zero. Should get me to around 2750 with out holding over and the reticle has five mil so should put me right around 3000 yards

Gorgeous! I bet it shoots just as good as it looks! Love the twist spiral fluted barrel! How much was the whole project of you don't mind sharing?

Badass! Did you get the barrel spiral fluted from Benchmark or send it somewhere to do that? I have a build in the works right now, waiting on my action from Stiller. I have a 30" Benchmark as well.

Great looking gun...enjoy.
Who made the brake ???
Hold high and shoot straight

Mind me asking where you got all your reloading supplies,dies,brass ect. and what they cost? I am really considering dropping my current 7mm wsm build and doing a 375

What bullet is it throated for? I`m assuming short since your using lightweight bullets.

I'm not sure on exact throat measurements I wanted to be able to shoot the 352 grain and also be able to shoot the 377 grain bullets. I guess that something I could ask the smith. I started with the 352 grain because there seems to be more information on that particular weight area than any of the others. I loaded up some 377 grain cutting-edge with reloader 50 to do a ladder test might have started to low but I am playing it safe

I'm not sure on exact throat measurements I wanted to be able to shoot the 352 grain and also be able to shoot the 377 grain bullets. I guess that something I could ask the smith. I started with the 352 grain because there seems to be more information on that particular weight area than any of the others. I loaded up some 377 grain cutting-edge with reloader 50 to do a ladder test might have started to low but I am playing it safe

The throat isn't important with the Cutting Edge projectiles as they are bore riders, the bearing surface is the same from 325 to 425.

Cutting Edge Bullets

Mind me asking where you got all your reloading supplies,dies,brass ect. and what they cost? I am really considering dropping my current 7mm wsm build and doing a 375

I got my dies and brass from chey tac. I'm using a Wilson 50 trimmer that I got from sinclair. And I've got cutting edge bullets strait from them and I've got some Rocky Mountain bullets that I got from them. There is some info out there on they cheytacs id say read all you can talk to some smiths and look into reviews on them. I am super happy with what Robert did for me turned out just as I was hoping. I had talked to others and he seemed to be the friendliest to talk to and bookmark the things you want to remember cause it seems like I can't find the same info twice

Still waiting for my action, my understanding is that the action is done, just waiting on bolts from PTG, maybe next month??? I did send my barrel off for spiral fluting since I am on hold for my action anyway, It will be a pretty sweet ride when it is all done.

Nice stick and nice shooting! You have me jealous it is so close...yet so far away!

That is a really nice looking rifle. You can't go wrong with a stiller action.

Does anyone know where i could get a 50 moa rail for my stiller action? dont really need it right now but might in the future the scope has a few mils left thats not useable with a 200 yard zero

I like the looks of that, I have a set of the Ivey 150 MOA rings, I had problems with them the first time I tried them, could not get windage adjusted on scope with them on, I sent them back and have now got them back, mounted on a 223, going to test them tomorrow to see if they track properly/scope zeroes properly, but I think one of those bases would have less moving parts. I am hoping the Iveys work out because I already have them, but I sent in for a price check on one of those adjustable bases, looks like a solid set-up.

From what I've seem in my 375 Cheytac improved R50 has really worked well all the way out to 2000 yards shooting the 425gr Cutting Edge, great speed and accuracy.

Tyler, what do you think of that bipod? I just got my .375 CT in and is also setup in the XLR extreme chassis with the same bipod and I am disappointed in the pod. Not only is it too wide to readily store and transport, it doesn't cant well at all. I am thinking about replacing the bipod with an Atlas.

Tyler, what do you think of that bipod? I just got my .375 CT in and is also setup in the XLR extreme chassis with the same bipod and I am disappointed in the pod. Not only is it too wide to readily store and transport, it doesn't cant well at all. I am thinking about replacing the bipod with an Atlas.
So far the only issue that I have had with it is that the legs are a little short with the mono pod. I have only been shooting off of flat ground so I have not noticed the can't yet. It is very wide I have to take it off to fit it in my pelican 1750. I do like the looks and it is very stable

I am thinking of putting a thumb screw in please of the Alan screw in order to make it easier to remove. Perhaps that would eliminate part of the problem. I am also considering the Light Tactical version rather than the f-class--perhaps it would be a bit more narrow.

Ashbury international sells a qd for it. I think it's 80 dollars. I also think they have longer legs. So I could fix all my complaints if I choose to. Nothin like havin close to 650 dollars in a bipod with the add ons

My 357 is 25 lbs and I use the Sinclair 3rd Gen. F-class Bipod...$250.00 Works great for me.

Hold high and shoot straight !!!Newberry.jpg...Its alive 375 mod.

Last edited: