• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 452

Lineman711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
TN
Jumped on the CZ wagon today. Found a 452 Varmint for a good price and couldn't turn it down. Been wanting a Savage for a while and jumped on this instead. Should make a fine trainer. Need some scope and especially ring recommendations. From what I understand, the Varmint has 11mm groves instead of 3/8". I'm not looking for a canted base or anything, just a decent set of rings, hopefully cheaper that CZs. Thinking about putting a MK 4 identical to the one on my .308 on it, but don't really want to spend that much cash right now. Got a SS that's a good scope on old .303 that I don't shoot anymore, might do that, but I've heard the go to scope for general .22 hunting and practice is the Mueller APV. I'm going to play with the trigger a little bit, horrible out of the box. Hopefully can find some rings on the net to order tonight.

Re: New 452

im running the talley rings on my 452 silhouette. Perfect for the cz
Thanks
Dustin

Not quite what your looking for but you might want to consider it any way.
http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19008

I have one on my CZ along with some Burris rings any they work perfect.
1zgtdfb.jpg

The above set up Rimfire Tech Rail and Burris Sig Zee Rings and either your SS Scope or a Mueller Tactical or APV depending on if you want mil dot or not? Is a damn fine set-up I have an Mueller Tactical 8.5-25x44 riding on mine and its a sweet shooter

I'm running the Burris Signature rings on my trainer and am very pleased with them. Plus it gives you the option of using different inserts to run your scope down for added distance.

How sturdy is that rail from Rimfire Tech? It does look goon on the rifle and would give me the option of using rings that I'm used to. I guess I'm just kind leary about the dovetail thing, never had a rifle with one before that. Well, a few, but none have scopes. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

B-square makes an adapter to weaver style base also, Brownells has them for around $35 or so. BKL Tech also makes pretty nice rings that will mount directly to the smaller dove tail. http://www.bkltech.com/ I'm currently awaiting a set of BKL for my 452 American.

BKL rings are great for these rifles, however, I went with a RimfireTechnologies Anschutz 20moa base for my 452. I needed the extended rail (out front of the receiver) to use my 16X MK4, and they don;t do extended for the CZ yet. The ejections ports don't line up perfectly, but I can live with that.
I had BKL 30mm's, but they were high as I bought them for offhand shooting (sillywet).

CZ is a fine rimfire. Had one in 22.lr, .22 mag. and 17 hmr. R.T.rail is the cats ass. Then you can use what ever rings you so choose.

Nice. I think I am getting ready to try one of these also. I have Mark II's and love them, just want something different now.

I think I will order one of the rails from RT, seems to be a good product.

Not sure if I should go ahead and get the canted model or not. I'm not that familiar with .22 LR when it comes to long range shooting or even precision shooting with them.

I've hunted squirrels and such with an old Nylon 66 and a Marlin pump since I was young, but I never really gave the .22 a second look as a target round.

This gun will be primarily used for target practice at 100 yards, as well as squirrel and groundhog hunting on occasion.
I can't imagine stretching it over 100 yards or so, but I'd like to have the option if I desired.

This may be a dumb question, but with a canted base, say, 20MOA like the one from RT, will I have any problems with a close zero, maybe 20 yards or so?

Also, with typical target ammo, like Wolf MT, what kind of range can I expect to get to with a straight base?

Thanks for all the help. I'm new to rimfires and have a lot of questions.

You should zero your rifle at 50 yds. Mine shoots exactly the same point of impact at 50 and 25 yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lineman711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I will order one of the rails from RT, seems to be a good product.

Not sure if I should go ahead and get the canted model or not. I'm not that familiar with .22 LR when it comes to long range shooting or even precision shooting with them.

I've hunted squirrels and such with an old Nylon 66 and a Marlin pump since I was young, but I never really gave the .22 a second look as a target round.

This gun will be primarily used for target practice at 100 yards, as well as squirrel and groundhog hunting on occasion.
I can't imagine stretching it over 100 yards or so, but I'd like to have the option if I desired.

This may be a dumb question, but with a canted base, say, 20MOA like the one from RT, will I have any problems with a close zero, maybe 20 yards or so?

Also, with typical target ammo, like Wolf MT, what kind of range can I expect to get to with a straight base?

Thanks for all the help. I'm new to rimfires and have a lot of questions.

</div></div>