• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6.5cm Barrel Wilson or Criterion

gpr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
I'm tired of fighting with my crappy Stag AR-10 barrel, so i simply want to replace it with something lighter so i can actually use the gun for hunting.

I have shot wilson combat barrels before and they shot good in AR-15. How are their 6.5cm barrels?

Also was looking at Criterion. They are basically the same price with very close configuration. Which would you chose?

Essentially I want a 22" semi light weight barrel to lighten up the gun, and also 5/8 thread for my suppressor. Any other barrel recommendations I should look at?

criterions makes a chromed lined barrel?

I have a buddy that got a Wilson 16” creed and says it’s a shooter with factory ammo. I haven’t seen it shot. I’ll send him a link to this and see if he will chime in

My WC AR-10 20” barrel groups 1/3 MOA. Calipers don’t lie, .35”. Yes mine is .308 but the barrel quality will be similar. Top shelf.

Attachments

• 5476D29A-A279-4757-8E18-720F46B68632.jpeg
    5476D29A-A279-4757-8E18-720F46B68632.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: bfoosh006

I just picked up yet another Grendel barrel-this a 20” Recon Tactical fluted for $228 from this sale. Check the 25% off section around page 6-bunch of 6.5CM on sale there. We’ll see shortly how the Grendel shoots vs competition.

I have a Wilson Combat 6.8SPC barrel and a Criterion 308 barrel on 2 of my gas builds. Both shoot like match grade barrels. You wont be let down by either. Buy whichever is available now and fits your price point.

I’d go Wilson Combat. They’re having a sale now. I’ve searched up and down and was debating on going Bartlein or Krieger because barrel reviews were all over the place. For the price I couldn’t pass up the WC SS barrel.

Reactions: GreiWlf