• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW ADDY!!! Bomb This guy with Boxes!

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
He just got into his digs(this time no tent!) and I just want to make sure he and his guys get everything they need, and of course everything they don't need but can share with those around them.
I had a lot of good people bombing me with stuff during OEF VII. I just want to make sure my favorite 'donut chasing fat kid'* is getting support like me when it was my turn.

* He has been quoted as saying,"Man, I am on that like a fat kid on a donut!"

Re: Bomb This guy with Boxes!

Keep the PM's coming in ladies! We have several members who are jumping on board with this. If this gets larger than the platoon or company(XXX company is failry small, closer to actual platoon size) it may be an endevour to support the entire FOB. Who doesn't want to be a part of that!? Sending XXXX off with more than he could carry was the best part. Making sure he and his group will look at each other smiling with so many boxes they can't count from people they don't know will be the best ever!

All replied to gents! This makes a total of 15 boxes outbound. If we can keep this up each month we will affect the entire FOB.
XXXXXXXXXX will know that there is a division level support strength out here for them.
I know this is only the beginning because this is growing in strength. You guys Rock!

UPDATE!!!
Just in from the FOB:

Switchblade,

This is the best I can come up with as of right now.

As for what to put in parcels...

Drink mix, sports drink mix, gatorade packets for 16-20oz bottles, premixed lemonade and fruit punches are GREAT, anything with electorlites. It's well over 100 degrees out here at Jalalabad, and it's fixing to reach 140s during high summer. Propel makes great low-calorie drink mixes.

Assorted munchies, shelf stable things like Jerky, Girl Scout Cookies are always devoured by people. Think long term shelf stability. Home Made goodies and treats are great but remember, they have to be STABLE, they need to sit in a HOT metal box for up to a month, and get the crap beat out of them before they even reach us.

Toiletry items are always welcome but not in excess, a tube of tooth paste lasts quite a while for example. BULLFROG sunblock, SPF 50 is also worth it's weight in GOLD, it doesn't sweat or wash off in the rain.

Female Toiletries are also good, just be sure to mark the package as such so that it can get pushed out to the right people.. Just picture a DUDE getting a box full of Tampons and Summers eve, LOL!

Boot Powders and Bag Balm are another big one.

GOOD bug repelent, the mosquitos and flies are unimaginable here, and atleast one person a day comes down with Malaria here even while taking our pills.

For the winter months, the inexpensive one time use air activated hand warmers from Gander Mountian and Big Dicks Sporting Goods are an absolute life saver in the mountians here.

Come Christmas time, packages addressed to Dave Cole(attn: GIFT for Male or Female) are a gift straight from the Almighty. Again think MALE and FEMALE packages, marked accordingly.

Remember, most if not ALL of the boxes I am going to distribute are going to the soldiers that are living on the side of a mountian in a hole they dug them selves, the clothes on their back and a rifle as a pillow, and a hot meal and a shower ONCE A WEEK.

I asked XXXXX to take a walk around the FOB and ask all the 'outside the wire' folks what would be the best filler in a box. He also let me know that there are not too many fobbits there as EVERYONE gets an OTW mission each week

You guys ROCK! This is growing every day!

Thank you for the list!.. My kids are really excited about helping out. They already started to draw up some real nice pictures / thank you notes..

I’m heading out this weekend for supplies as listed above..

Thank you again for posting this thread sir..

God bless you and our troops..

Link.

PM's replied to gents!

The latest e-mail details that currently the FOB is set up for 'hundreds' and is actually housing 'thousands'. This places a severe drain on the PX so getting stuff is extremely tough right now. The PX seems to empty it's shelves within an hour of opening leaving many without.
Anything that gets sent will help support the XXX techs. What they do not use or need will go to the rest of the FOB through the joes who need it. XXX will only take what they need and even if it means sacrificing a little will hand it off to others in need.
These guys have arrived in country in advance of their supported 'large unit' so that means more men transitioning through this FOB during the cycle of movement in and out.
Thank you all for supporting this little project. Your boxes will affect the entire FOB boosting morale better than many things we do. This morale boost will sustain these men throughout the high heat of Summer, and the cold Winter as they do what needs to be done.

Two boxes out today. You can cram a bunch of shit in a flatrate box and ship it for cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPDATE!!!

BULLFROG sunblock, SPF 50 is also worth it's weight in GOLD, it doesn't sweat or wash off in the rain.

</div></div>

Wait, you need waterproof sunblock and you didn't even pm me??? Dude, my feelings are so hurt...

All outbound boxes will follow XXXXX to the next XXX. I think he did a percentage on the math of how many people looked at this thread, and how many would actually send something and hauled ass so he didn't have to be the guy picking up 20something to however many boxes. I may have scared him with my stories of 'Hide support from OEF VII. There were days boy, there were days I hated those boxes but as each one was opened and shared with my joes man were they appreciated. The notes of thanks, the magazines, the health and comfort items, the candy, cigars, copenhagen, occasional cartons of cigarettes, home made cookies, it was the little things like knowing so many of you cared that made us all enjoy what we were doing a little more each day, and provided the motivation and high morale to continue doing it.
We will do our best to spoil our Forward Soldiers. To all of you, THANK YOU for helping make this happen! YOU are the people that provide the positive motivation and morale boost for all of our friends who are Forward Deployed right now!

Here's the box that I'm going to try to get out by the end of next week. I have a few more items being donated by distributors and other forum members that I'm collecting and packing away.

EOD.JPG

The list so far:

2 - 100ct Slim Jims
2 - 60pkt Swiss Miss
1 - Big ass container of powdered Countrytime lemonade
1 - Big ass container of Kool-Aid (tropical punch)
1 - Bag of trail mix
1 - Container of pub mix (crackers)
50 - Blk windowed PMAGs (more on the way)
1 - Magpul Hotshot calendar (more on the way?)
2 - 1lb bags of beef jerky
1 - 5lb bag of mixed candy bars
1 - Box of Fruit Roll-Ups

DOG NOT INCLUDED (my wife would kill me)

grin.gif

Oh snap, there's a "needs" list now. I'll see if I can't get a few of those in there too.

Holy SH!!! That is some box!

The biggest boxes we got in OEF VII were from Drew Estate, and Otis. Each was at least 4 x 4 x 4 cube and chock FULL of product. The best boxes though? Those were teh ones from friends, family, and Hide members with the real stuff and the personal notes. Somewhere in a box in a envelope I have those notes. I know they are safe and sound and one day they will be on my pool hall wall

I got another box going now. Will go out tomorrow. These guys are gonna be fat when they come back! Keep this one at the top.

BTT!
I have a few more biker mags to send forward to him but I am waiting to get a proper humidor conditioned for him that will hold around 75 smokes or so. I think this particular humidor has deployed more than him and a lot more than many Soldiers. It has three under it's belt so far.

I guess the mail is a tad slow getting out the guys. As of this weekend still no boxes hav arrived to the FOB.

"We are on PDY rolling missions for a week at a time. Living out of my laundry bag because they sent all our stuff to the FOB we were supposed to go to before the change of plans. When it comes back we can have some clean clothes"

I sent 2 boxes out on 5/15 priority, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to actually make it to the FOB. I hope the customs jack asses don't mess with this stuff.

From XXXX!

"I just returned from a 72 hour sleepless RCP nightmere mission into the hindu kush to find two packages waiting for me. Both from snipers hides XARMOR. Please let him know that I recieved them and that upon opening them, it made my fucking day to come back from what I just went through to be greated by what he sent."

Glad the boxes made it. Should have another ready to go out wed. Hope all the pogie bait survived the two week journey.

I haven't sent my box out yet as I am waiting on a few more donated PMAGs to come in. It will go out by the end of the week and the count is up to 70 PMAGs.

Re: Bomb This guy with Boxes!UPDATED WITH NEEDS LIST

Can't get a PM to you,please PM me with your friends address.also,anything else that they need. Pete

My 65lb care package went out today. Hope the PMAGs make it through customs...

XXX is working hard out there. Rumor is someone almost got a big asswhoopin for some dumb shit when XXXX was arming a robot with some C4. No hard details yet, but Dave is fine although he was a little out of sorts a few days ago
You guys are kicking ass with the morale boost and motivation, THANK YOU!

Glad he is ok. That job is tough enough already but the heat would really suck. Out in Fla. now but will get some more stuff out asap. On a side note, I used bullfrog out here and holy shit that stuff goes on like toothpaste. My son looked like he had clown makeup on, no way in hell is that stuff coming off with sweat! Heavy duty protection, not to be used by the untrained!

Bullfrog rocks. It has kept me with a nice golden tan while Panty 6( I'm Hawaiian, I Don't BURN! ) got turned into a raging case of hauoli rot whenever we were back 'home'. It does come off with sweat or repeated rubbing on boogie boards so be careful to check and reapply when coming out of the water after a good session

Got word that one of the guys has some old vets that want to help out. Pardon my French, but that makes my dick hard!

I am so glad that all the guys and gals I met from the EOD section are ok and in good health. We cannot wait for them to all come back so we can have one hell of a party, but in the mean time we shall make due with sending boxes of stuff they all like, need and occasionally, want. A damn fine group of Soldiers, and a Damn fine group of Hide members

btt, they need some new bino's for 'stand off' when viewing IED's. Their issue ones are worn from too many deployments and it may be a while before they can get them through the system so maybe we can help out here.
I posted this in the other thread with Dave's response to the boxes so far.

Got word from XXXX. HE said bino's, anything in the 7x32 - 10x50 range works great. They prefer the armored 7x32's but do not want anyone to spend more than $30 on anything they send. I am going to take a look at the local sporting goods shops to see what I can find. I think a pair or two and a box of of Redman plugs will go a long way toward making their day

Me too please James. I'm ready for a box to go out next week.

On another note, have you (or anyone else) heard anything from hue001t? Last post was on April 17.

PM to you qq.

From one of the PM's re: this project:

"Asked my buddies if they'd like to contribute and one of their sons (8yrs old and like a son to me) donated his personal set of 10x25 binos he uses in the goose blind when he gets to go hunting with us. I told him that he would never get them back and he said he didn't care, our soldiers are more important."

I think a Dad and a 'uncle' deserve a great pair of smokes for this boy. Got to see what I have in doubles to send out to them. They KNOW how to raise a boy right! It is just awesome to know that there are kids like this and that if there are more like him, our future is secure

There are far too many of you with the old address to PM one at a time so here are the updated bottom lines you need starting with

The NAME and UNIT ID will stay the same.

You have all made so many SOldiers not only happy with these morale boosting boxes, you have led the way in supporting their mission to do their job and have added to their safety with your recent shipments of binoculars.
You have insured that the UNIT MAIL CLERK is gainfully employed and not just sitting on his POG fobbit butt collecting a check(BRAVO!)
You have also brought many smiles to so many family members with the letters sent home telling about this group of people from Sniper's Hide and the great things you all are doing.
Thank You for all your great support, YOU ROCK!