• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New AE MKIII on order have some questions

SactoSniper

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2008
West Sacramento, CA
I have a new AE MKIII on order and have some questions for current AE owners. What loads have you found to perform the best? I haven't started reloading yet but will by the time the rifle arrives. Current delivery time is about 4 months.

The scope I'll be mounting will be a S&B PMII 4-16X50.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Re: New AE MKIII on order have some questions

Lapua brass
44.7 RL-15
178 amax
CCI BR primers
2.82 oal

Bill,

You're gonna love your AE and Scope combination. I have shot the AE probably 1000 rds and the one I shot did really well with Black Hills factory 175's and old White Box 173 gr Lake City Match. The AE is what sold me on Accuracy rifles. I own two AW's now..

I shoot an AW in 308 extensively with a S&B 5x25... it is always my go to gun.

You can't go wrong with Varget, Lapua Brass and any of the Sierra Match King bullets in 308. I shoot 175's mostly but have also had very good results over Varget with 155's as well, especially out to 600 yards. I shoot Black Hills brass and LC Match as I have it with the same results as Lapua. 168 SMK's do OK I just prefer the 175 @ 1000 and sometimes the 155 @600 and in.

Have fun ... the AE will be worth the wait.

Double L

Lapua brass
sierra 175gr
wolf LR
varget 44.7
2.845 @2680ish

fed brass
sierra 175gr
wolf LR
varget 44.2
2.845 @2665ish

Also blackhills 175 seemed to shoot well if you are looking to shoot something until you get you load figured out.

I've been shooting 155smk with 44.5 Varget out of my AW with good results. I'll tell you what, the best bench groups I've got were from 168 FGMM.

43gr of RE15 pushing a 175smk is a safe bet.

I run 178BTHPs with 46gr RE15 in Winchester brass with GM210M primers. Work up to this load. It doesn't show any pressure signs in the AE, but it's warm in other rifles.

Try 175VLD's just shy of the lands with 45.0 Varget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SactoSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 4 months is going to go slow! </div></div>

I'm curious, why a 4 month wait?

Lapua brass
Federal 210M
45.0 Varget
175 SMK
2.850 COAL

Lapua brass
CCI primers
47.3 Varget
155 scenar
Touching the lands

Getting 2934 fps in my 26inch AW. The load is hot but doesn't seem to be temp sensitive