• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW AI AE MKIII

Inner-10

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Scotland, UK
Thanks to the wealth of information and advice on this forum I put down some of my hard earned on an AI AE MKII a couple of months back. This week I took delivery of my new rifle and noticed a different bolt, thinking this was a mix up I checked the serial numbers, which matched and noticed the rifle was stamped AE MKIII.
I was unaware there had be a revision; however I am delighted to have received the latest upgrade.
This being my first AI the only distinguishable difference form the current MKII specification appears to be the adoption of the AW bolt design with the three way safety giving the advantage of the safety ‘on’ locked bolt option that was not previously available on the MKII.
Prior to making this new rifle purchase I had not seen or used an AE or AW and my purchase decision was based on information form this forum and online photographs.
Seeing this rifle in the flesh and picking it up the pictures doesn’t give it justice. This is one solid, well engineered and constructed piece of kit.
As this rifle will be used for recreational target shooting I opted for the fixed stock to keep within my budget. However it should be noted for anyone considering this model that the adjustable cheek piece needs to be removed prior to the insertion and removal of the bolt, this obviously would not be a issue with the folder [it takes seconds to remove the cheek piece and a folder was not a requirement for my service, so that was my decision]
I am now excitedly looking forward to my first range outing, meanwhile getting used to the two stage trigger with my snap caps!!

I have posted a couple of pictures in the gallery.

Re: NEW AI AE MKIII

There have been whispers of some special things coming to the AE line soon.

Although I have been sworn to secrecy.

Snap caps are not needed for dry fire. My AE has many thousands of dry fire cycles on it. The only reason I use dummy rounds (not really snap caps) are to replicate the feel of a round feeding from the magazine into the chamber.

Could you snap a pic of the bolt for me?

until he can get a better pic of the bolt....

8290.jpg

And here I was thinking you made a typo on your thread in the photo gallery. Thanks for the post.

Well AINA... When are they coming across the pond?

Nice rifle mate....and welcome to the Hide.

Hope it gives you as much to smile about as my AW....they're a great bit of kit!

Nice! Even though for the type of shooting I do a 3 way safety is not really necessary, I've always liked the squared look of the AW bolt/safety compared to my AE. Seems like the AW and AE are now getting awfully close to each other spec wise. Hard pressed to pick up an AW when the AE is slowly but surely turning into one for much cheaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So will these Mk 3's be the ones from Shot this year that come in multiple calibers? </div></div>

MkII's come in multiple calibers, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Also the AE's displayed at SHOT were marked "MkII". This was except for the long actions that were marked "AEM".

Lonewolf do you have any pics of these long action AE's? I thought the AEM's were for the Short magnums like the 7wsm and 300wsm.

Guess it was the aem's I saw pictures of, have never seen a ae mk2 in anything but 308 though.

I just want too see AI's "whichever" model it is, in 7wsm and get some kind of idea of "How much and when it will be available"

-Pat

Oh shieeet....8541 TACTICAL has got me covered on the image...Thanks LoneWolfUSMC! Your website is looking better and better man.

Link to 8541 TACTICAL homepage:

http://www.8541tactical.com/home.php

From his website...BAM!

AEMKII7WSM.jpg

Now I just need to find out when, and how much.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh shieeet....8541 TACTICAL has got me covered on the image...Thanks LoneWolfUSMC!

From his website...BAM!

AEMKII7WSM.jpg

Now I just need to find out when, and how much.

-Pat </div></div>

Great looking multicam! I am debating my future purchase of an AE vs AW.

Perhaps new interchangable ergo's may be on the way.
one day one rifle the next another!