• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Aimpoint Duty RDS

I wouldn't be surprised if the blue has been faked to up the view count. Anything for clicks seems to be the new norm.
There are at least 15-20 other reviews and I can't find any indication of "too blue glass" on any of those other channels' thumbnails, titles, or descriptions. I'm calling BS- "faked blue thumbnail image" for purposes of grabbing people's attention.

Reactions: Frank_Castle
There are at least 15-20 other reviews and I can't find any indication of "too blue glass" on any of those other channels' thumbnails, titles, or descriptions. I'm calling BS- "faked blue thumbnail image" for purposes of grabbing people's attention.
Very possible...does anyone own one? I know blue notch filters are common to improve battery life, but just wondering if it's comparable to others in that price range.

No way is my glass like that. I have a quick comparison to my friends T1 and it was fairly similar glass. A sigh of relief being a victim of the MRO gen one that helped fund the aimpoint

No way is my glass like that. I have a quick comparison to my friends T1 and it was fairly similar glass. A sigh of relief being a victim of the MRO gen one that helped fund the aimpoint
You have the Aimpoint Duty RDS?

Looking at purchasing this week. Been hard to find reviews being new. The video above doesn’t help in making a decision.

I’ll be honest I preferred the glass on the PRO I looked through yesterday over the T2. I didn’t like the size of the PRO for my purpose tho

If you own it what are your honest thoughts?

Looking at purchasing this week. Been hard to find reviews being new. The video above doesn’t help in making a decision.

I’ll be honest I preferred the glass on the PRO I looked through yesterday over the T2. I didn’t like the size of the PRO for my purpose tho

The reviewer did say at the end it's an Aimpoint pro in a more T2 body, that sounds kinda like what your wanting.

Honest thoughts at initial impressions is that it’s a decent value for the price. It does not short change with a dark glass tint. The dot will magnify without a smear. It is good to go in that respect. I will try to get pics of it out.

I faith based purchased with a few Reddit feedbacks which stated the glass was clear. I agree and in no way does the optic look like that photo. I had a few minutes looking side by side on a T1 hand held and they seemed about the same.

No QD mount but it does include caps. As for the buttons they are quick to respond.

I think it is a decent smallish light weight optic that should fill its roll as a lesser priced option.

As far as optic height mounts scalarworks is already in the works and Trex posted a nice comparison of current mounts compaired to T2 mounted.

I have yet to shoot with it. I do prefer a larger window but this size with a closed emitter also has its pros.

I sold my MRO gen 1 with a Larue mount for $250 as I hated it that much. I know bad tint and this is not it.

It's probably a little soon to say, but what are thoughts on this vs an eotech exps series? Eotech is definitely battle proven. But I definitely prefer the battery life of the aim point. New the eotech is slightly more $, but I have seen several in the px right around 500ish

It's probably a little soon to say, but what are thoughts on this vs an eotech exps series? Eotech is definitely battle proven. But I definitely prefer the battery life of the aim point. New the eotech is slightly more $, but I have seen several in the px right around 500ish
At a battery life around a year to 7 months estimated, for me it would be the Eotech. Only because the biggest knock against the Eotech usually is battery life, but if your turning it off and on anyways which is what I would do with this aimpoint because it's only average in battery life, it's not gonna be that much of a difference. Just my opinion. I had an eotech 512(the old one) and I loved that thing, I upgraded to an lpvo for that rifle then a red dot that gave excellent battery life, but man sometimes I miss the window on that thing.

So AP advertised ~3 years on setting 7, but people are only averaging 9-12mos out of them?? How does AP keep screwing that up? Did they not learn anything from the ACRO P1?

So AP advertised ~3 years on setting 7, but people are only averaging 9-12mos out of them?? How does AP keep screwing that up? Did they not learn anything from the ACRO P1?
I don't know, according to reviews (I have never owned an RDS or Pro) the setting 7 isn't that useable in bright settings so your going to be running it on a higher level so your battery life will be significantly less. That's pretty standard across red dots though, in the sense of the setting they claim their 30,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 hours on isn't the setting you'll be using a majority of the time. That's why when I saw no shake awake and 30,000 hours advertised I knew from experience with other dots that you aren't going to want to leave this on constantly unless you want to be changing the battery every 6 months to a year(which is fine if your disciplined).

Or what I do is turn them down to a really low setting that you can just see when in storage so it's not just burning energy at a high setting, this of course doesn't work if it's a rifle that need to be picked up and in the fight in milliseconds.

Last edited:
The bolded part above is the false premise.

Aside from the Acro P1 with its undersized battery, I've never seen Aimpoint far off of their battery life claims with fresh batteries. It's almost always people keeping them ON all the time at higher settings and then whining about reduced battery life.

I don't know, according to reviews (I have never owned an RDS or Pro) the setting 7 isn't that useable in bright settings so your going to be running it on a higher level so your battery life will be significantly less. That's pretty standard across red dots though, in the sense of the setting they claim their 30,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 hours on isn't the setting you'll be using a majority of the time. That's why when I saw no shake awake and 30,000 hours advertised I knew from experience with other dots that you aren't going to want to leave this on constantly unless you want to be changing the battery every 6 months to a year(which is fine if your disciplined).

Or what I do is turn them down to a really low setting that you can just see when in storage so it's not just burning energy at a high setting, this of course doesn't work if it's a rifle that need to be picked up and in the fight in milliseconds.
Does it really matter? Change batteries once a year, no one should be waiting until their dead anyway. PMCS.

Are these available yet? Haven't seen any at the usual places.

The bolded part above is the false premise.

Aside from the Acro P1 with its undersized battery, I've never seen Aimpoint far off of their battery life claims with fresh batteries. It's almost always people keeping them ON all the time at higher settings and then whining about reduced battery life.

Yeah, I guess I can agree with that. Perhaps I’m misremembering, but I recall the ACRO P1 underperforming in the battery department quite a bit. I may have jumped to a conclusion a bit off one comment here, so I’ll leave things be unless I run across significant numbers of comments that state the same thing.

My original comment may not make it seem so, but I’m an Aimpoint fanboi. I’m really hoping the Duty RDS lives up to the hype, because a T2 sized optic at only 2/3 the price is amazing.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Yeah, I guess I can agree with that. Perhaps I’m misremembering, but I recall the ACRO P1 underperforming in the battery department quite a bit. I may have jumped to a conclusion a bit off one comment here, so I’ll leave things be unless I run across significant numbers of comments that state the same thing.

My original comment may not make it seem so, but I’m an Aimpoint fanboi. I’m really hoping the Duty RDS lives up to the hype, because a T2 sized optic at only 2/3 the price is amazing.
You were definitely correct about the Acro P1, the cr2016 battery type was too low in capacity for many people's tastes . On the new Acro p2 it's a bigger capacity cr2032 and a more efficient LED.

Reactions: HD1911 and Basher
As a Gen X'er I'm saddened, disgusted, and angry that weak minded Americans who are supposedly part of the ONE community that is considered the most patriotic and sacrosanct- the 2nd Amendment/shooting community- would even consider buying fully CCP products like Holoson and Olite.

The one industry we need to protect the most from the CCP is the shooting related industry and thanks to short-sighted, cheap, selfish fools we can't even do that.

Here's a clue- if you aren't willing or capable of rejecting shooting related products from CCP companies- don't even mention chinese made stuff from other industries!
I get what you are saying but 'virtue signaling' from the right is just as annoying from the left. I travel the world every other week and the global network of commerce is far more complicated than you think. I have no problem 'you doing you' but don't preach to us and say call us weak minded Americans. Frankly something I would expect Nancy or AOC to say.

Facebook is a better place for this type of post...either place you still sound ignorant.

I get what you are saying but 'virtue signaling' from the right is just as annoying from the left. I travel the world every other week and the global network of commerce is far more complicated than you think. I have no problem 'you doing you' but don't preach to us and say call us weak minded Americans. Frankly something I would expect Nancy or AOC to say.

Facebook is a better place for this type of post...either place you still sound ignorant.
See my reply in the Bear Pit.

I have only seen one reviewer (who I personally will never trust/watch from here on out), saying its a 7 month battery. The optic was released in February how is this accessed? It is fairly bright to the point of blooming hard on full tilt.

Received my Duty RDS today

Pics below of some of the mentioned stuff,

The blue tint, yes it’s present. It’s like looking through a S&B and NF ATACR side by side is what it reminds me of. Certainly not extreme blue like shown in the video. You would have absolutely no issues using this

The brightness during day. I can’t imagine it needs to be any brighter. Max power is slightly brighter than the sig Romeo 5 it’s pictured next to

Dot is just as crisp to my eyes as the Romeo 5. No issues there

Setting 7 would be a good medium setting. In my house it’s perfect. Outside on the pics shown you’d likely want 8/9 power. Anything low light and less than 7 would be needed

Hope this helps

RDS and Romeo 5 in ADM mount

RDS on the left in the pics

Zoomed in views are the dot on 10 in snow and trees
EEBAE83D-15C8-46BE-97DB-F66701C0DAEA.jpeg
45D18D95-33B0-41C6-9499-7AEA7FBF75D0.png
4FC012D1-28CB-4FE4-ADF0-8D8472B90ED6.png
092A09BA-F0A5-47A7-A80F-8280211F3DE9.jpeg
3D9A3951-2E3C-4B18-9C7E-42115581967C.png
78CB123D-AAF3-4FD9-B810-18145E0276D5.png
14EC0669-F7B5-41F3-9CFB-EC2B60CFF0B2.png

The blue tint, yes it’s present. It’s like looking through a S&B and NF ATACR side by side is what it reminds me of. Certainly not extreme blue like shown in the video. You would have absolutely no issues using this

The brightness during day. I can’t imagine it needs to be any brighter. Max power is slightly brighter than the sig Romeo 5 it’s pictured next to

Setting 7 would be a good medium setting. In my house it’s perfect. Outside on the pics shown you’d likely want 8/9 power. Anything low light and less than 7 would be needed

Hope this helps

View attachment 7825643View attachment 7825644View attachment 7825645View attachment 7825646View attachment 7825647View attachment 7825651View attachment 7825652
Appreciate the feedback, very helpful. As an overall package initially are you happy with it(not having shot it yet)?

Appreciate the feedback, very helpful. As an overall package initially are you happy with it(not having shot it yet)?
Overall seems very well built. Keeping in mind I only handed it to take these quick pics before going to work

I’ll need some time to really tell

But I like my Romeo 5’s and this is comparable to those as far as size and features so I feel it will be a win

Reactions: JDB55
Great review, @hafejd30. I think you showed the blue tint quite fairly. Tint seems to be one of those things bothers some people, but not others.
It is definitely there and those pics are about as honest as it can show. The camera didn’t change the looks

The sig is 100% not tinted. All natural color in the sig for comparison

I can say in complete honesty the blue tint will not bother me one bit for what I intend to use this optic for

I love the size and features of my Romeo 5’s (yes I know China) and wanted a similar optic in a ready to be abused proven platform

The T2 would be the likely choice but being realistic here I can buy 2 of these for one T2. I took the chance that this will fill the niche I want filled

Oh and just fyi,

My sig turned off during pic taking as it should. Shake to wake didn’t turn it back on. Had to restart the optic,

So there’s that

But CHINA so…..

Oh and just fyi,

My sig turned off during pic taking as it should. Shake to wake didn’t turn it back on. Had to restart the optic,

So there’s that

But CHINA so…..

It can definitely happen, limited expectations for a $120 red dot.

It can definitely happen, limited expectations for a $120 red dot.
I tested another one of the 3 or 4 I have a while back. That one turned on just walking up to the gun. Picked up vibration from the floor

Personally there on play guns. So they get turned on, used, turned off and put away

Reactions: JDB55

Hope this helps

View attachment 7825643View attachment 7825644View attachment 7825645View attachment 7825646View attachment 7825647View attachment 7825651View attachment 7825652
Thanks for taking the time to post this helpful info.

Looks like im late- but Here is a short clip of the glass against white backdrop where it'll pic up tint the best/worst. There is some glue presenting on the glass in the right side. I also dial up the brightness to max FWIW.
""

Really glad to see some first hand pictures and video. Thanks gents! I've been eyeing this pretty hard, especially since I was just about ready to buy a PRO when they released it.

The simple fact is that Aimpoint has lost a lot of market share to the chicoms. They need to adapt to compete and they better get a move on. The ACRO is getting killed by the holosun pistol options and Aimpoint is really not in the game from a price perspective. $950+ for a T-2 with mount? You get destroyed if that’s the best you can do. Nut up and put out some $300-$400 red dots or you deserve what you get. If the market likes solar then go get it. Companies resistant to change get left behind.

The simple fact is that Aimpoint has lost a lot of market share to the chicoms. They need to adapt to compete and they better get a move on. The ACRO is getting killed by the holosun pistol options and Aimpoint is really not in the game from a price perspective. $950+ for a T-2 with mount? You get destroyed if that’s the best you can do. Nut up and put out some $300-$400 red dots or you deserve what you get. If the market likes solar then go get it. Companies resistant to change get left behind.
The old CCP fanboi reply with the false premise that HS and other chinese OEMs 'compete' with western companies. The CCP does NOT compete- instead they steal intellectual property, copy designs, use slave labor, manipulate their currency to always be at an advantage, the CCP ignores all enviro regs that western companies have to follow...

NO western company can stay in business trying to compete against that stacked deck. Period.

Most shooters understand all this and reject buying commie OEM products, but there are still too many who simply don't get it because they think they're saving a hundred bucks on an optic. It's similar to the mindset of the far left- the mental blocks prevent them from seeing things for how they really how.

You'd think western world shooters would want to prevent the CCP from taking any more of the shooting industry.

Last edited:
Really? They are on just about every weapon system in the western world professionally. The only people buying chicom garbage are chads who first AR is some franken fag box of parts cobbled together that they shoot twice a year. We see them at the range all the time, taking photos trying to look hard when they just look like a bunch of betas fish out water.

Aimpoints are routinely sold out at many vendors, especially the lower priced ones. Sorry your life is not worth a reliable tool or you are too poor to afford quality. I am pretty sure Aimpoint is doing just fine.

The irony is the the morons buying this Chinese garbage is only funding the CCNP and their weapons development programs. Every Holosun or Sig piece of shit you buy is only feeding their machine and helping them refine the product. Products that will end up on Chinese and fellow communist weapon systems. When US soldiers or Allies are in the sights of these future developed products, assholes like you will have their blood on their hands for funding this shit. I doubt you have the self awareness or critical thinking ability to get that far, but that is the truth nonetheless.

Oh and edit. 11 posts in almost 10 years? How is the weather in Shenzen? Who has the best cocker spaniel with rice in town?

Last edited:
Most shooters who seek rugged duty rated optics don't desire gimmicks like solar and shake awake- that's the stuff CCP/HS fanboiz are enamored by.

Really? They are on just about every weapon system in the western world professionally. The only people buying chicom garbage are chads who first AR is some franken fag box of parts cobbled together that they shoot twice a year. We see them at the range all the time, taking photos trying to look hard when they just look like a bunch of betas fish out water.

Aimpoints are routinely sold out at many vendors, especially the lower priced ones. Sorry your life is not worth a reliable tool or you are too poor to afford quality. I am pretty sure Aimpoint is doing just fine.

The irony is the the morons buying this Chinese garbage is only funding the CCNP and their weapons development programs. Every Holosun or Sig piece of shit you buy is only feeding their machine and helping them refine the product. Products that will end up on Chinese and fellow communist weapon systems. When US soldiers or Allies are in the sights of these future developed products, assholes like you will have their blood on their hands for funding this shit. I doubt you have the self awareness or critical thinking ability to get that far, but that is the truth nonetheless.

Oh and edit. 11 posts in almost 10 years? How is the weather in Shenzen? Who has the best cocker spaniel with rice in town?

I like most of what you said, however; including SIG in this is not accurate and a wrong representation of their whole product line. Especially since our government(dod/DOJ)
are buying SIG products(including firearms and optics) and putting them into duty, so our own military would be to blame as well. Saying it about holosun is in line with your premise.

I like most of what you said, however; including SIG in this is not accurate and a wrong representation of their whole product line. Especially since our government(dod/DOJ)
is buying SIG products(including firearms and optics) and putting them into duty, so our own military would be to blame as well. Saying it about holosun is in line with your premise.
The communists, traitors, incompetent and corrupt who work for DoD are no different. If Sig really cared about the warfighter and US, they wouldn't be sourcing Holosun OEM.

Sig can sit and spin. They are a trash company ran by trash humans and have been this way since Cohen took over. I got very good friends that work there and still hope they go out of business. Fuck them.

The communists, traitors, incompetent and corrupt who work for DoD are no different. If Sig really cared about the warfighter and US, they wouldn't be sourcing Holosun OEM.

Sig can sit and spin. They are a trash company ran by trash humans and have been this way since Cohen took over. I got very good friends that work there and still hope they go out of business. Fuck them.
That may be true, idk, but if so your tax dollars are going to the CCP equally. So you are funding the CCP too in the same way. We all know it's happening in other arenas not optics based, but that being the case I would take it easy on people spending $100 on a "CCP" red dot, just educate them like most of your post did. It's hard to call people out with such ferocity when your money is going to the same place for the same purpose even.

Just a thought, I like a lot of what you and MDot say but it's the intensity and lack of understanding of people's budgets that turn a lot of people off from being able to understand what you guys are actually getting at. Y'all do what you want of course, but I think what your saying needs to be heard and understood on this forum but the likely hood of it happening goes down considerably with the methods applied. Cheers

That may be true, idk, but if so your tax dollars are going to the CCP equally. So you are funding the CCP too in the same way. We all know it's happening in other arenas not optics based, but that being the case I would take it easy on people spending $100 on a "CCP" red dot, just educate them like most of your post did. It's hard to call people out with such ferocity when your money is going to the same place for the same purpose even.

Just a thought, I like a lot of what you and MDot say but it's the intensity and lack of understanding of people's budgets that turn a lot of people off from being able to understand what you guys are actually getting at. Y'all do what you want of course, but I think what your saying needs to be heard and understood on this forum but the likely hood of it happening goes down considerably with the methods applied. Cheers
I don't know whats hard to understand. There are things you can control and things you can't.

People choosing to make shitty decisions is something they can control.

The same dickheads ravings about their $100 red dots are driving $50-80K trucks, Drinking $7 Fagachinos and Smoking 2 packs of $10 Cancer sticks a day. How many beers per week? How much for that new Phone? How much door dash and grubhub. How much did they bet on the cowboys last season?

The average american has enough disposible income to make rational, responsible choices. We live in a country where trade school or access to college is bassicaly free for everyone who wants to go.

People make their choices and I feel zero sympathy or shame for calling them out on it. Or at least admit they don't care and are happy to kill Americans so they can drink their socialist frapachino from a company that would put them in camps if they could.

I own several Aimpoints douchenozzle. I only shoot w high end optics, no cheap junk. I do not personally buy china made anything if I can help it. My favorite pistol optic atm is Leupold DeltaPP and I’m running Leupold m5 Tremor3 and ATACR mid to long range. However, I see the market and, outside of LEO/.gov/above average shooters, Aimpoint is taking a beating.
I knew this place was full of snowflake commie retards but didn’t know it was this bad.
Cheers
~T

I own several Aimpoints douchenozzle. I only shoot w high end optics, no cheap junk. I do not personally buy china made anything if I can help it. My favorite pistol optic atm is Leupold DeltaPP and I’m running Leupold m5 Tremor3 and ATACR mid to long range. However, I see the market and, outside of LEO/.gov/above average shooters, Aimpoint is taking a beating.
I knew this place was full of snowflake commie retards but didn’t know it was this bad.
Cheers
~T
Karen, the only snowflakes are those like you who even mention holoson in a positive light and who think western nations can compete with china OEM manufacturers for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. Man TF up.

Last edited: