• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New all time Best

Nice punt!
Wait till you nail a big field goal!

I remember how excited I was when I busted my 1000 cherry and posted here about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: acudaowner
Nice. Wish I had somewhere to shoot more than 1k yards
I Colorado with some searching you should easily be able to find a place like this
E5FDF37C-DD56-4D94-AB07-FC778BAC81BE.jpeg

Or this.
AF757BE9-6BF6-4D74-B887-B503F84D15A3.jpeg

@Steel head now you are just rubbing it in. Some of us have to drive a good ways before you have more than 2 double wides within 100 yards.
I’m pretty fortunate in that department but seriously, there’s some awesome opportunities in Colorado.
From my memory of Kentucky It would be difficult to find spots like mine

That canyon pic is gorgeous! What bullet are you using?

OP...1 post and no return!!!

tons of questions waiting for you

still waiting to hear "how many shots" there is no number in your original post

OP...1 post and no return!!!

tons of questions waiting for you

still waiting to hear "how many shots" there is no number in your original post

I said "three". It was misty raining and foggy. One of the guys there had a chronograph. I had never used on before. I shoot factory ammo and I've always used the velocity posted on the box (2690). after 3 shots with that we determined my actual velocity was 2689. My local range only goes out to 600 yards. I have shot out to 1000 before during a two day shoot before and got hits out to that range.

So at the range these guys had set up, they had three targets. 1075, 1220, and 1565.
So I sent three rounds down range at the 1075 target and got three hits, I sent three rounds down range at the 1220 target and got three hits. I then sent about 5 rounds down range at the 1565 target and missed every shot. It was foggy the 1220 target was not easily seen but you could make it out. (there was hit indicators on the targets). But the 1565 target was very hard to see and I didn't want to waste any more ammo. I wasn't a huge fan of my equipment getting wet so I thanked the guys that invited me out and packed up and left.

Reactions: brianf
Just wait, once you get far enough out that you can get back on target and see the vapor trail drop on target with your rifle scope. Its awesome to see.

Nice poke. Those damn Hit Indicators saved our ass at a Mile. And on a cloudy day you can see with no optics, not that it matters but I do love them. If you shoot ELR, they are awesome.

PB

I see these open plains ranges where you can easily drive to every target and Im jealous. I shouldn't complain but driving out seems so easy. Mine are on a private ranch and driving is doable but not like the open ranges. Cool for you guys. I do get to keep my targets out so for that im lucky.

PB

I see these open plains ranges where you can easily drive to every target and Im jealous. I shouldn't complain but driving out seems so easy. Mine are on a private ranch and driving is doable but not like the open ranges. Cool for you guys. I do get to keep my targets out so for that im lucky.

PB
The last pic I posted is a private ranch.
we have to hike those targets out usually.
I could use the exercise anyway.

The last pic I posted is a private ranch.
we have to hike those targets out usually.
I could use the exercise anyway.

You and me both...I hiked some targets out today....it was a beautiful 63F today...8-10mph 7o'clock wind...and sunny...was a great shooting day.....oh...and we will get snow Friday.

Reactions: Steel head
You and me both...I hiked some targets out today....it was a beautiful 63F today...8-10mph 7o'clock wind...and sunny...was a great shooting day.....oh...and we will get snow Friday.
There was a few inches of snow at one of my spots Sunday

It was Beautiful!

as I get older and realize I may not have all that much time left I really try to savior such moments.
Crisp mountain air is such a moment.

I'm heading out to BLM land some time next week. Going to see how far we can get sight lines in the hills. Pics will follow, of course.

Reactions: Steel head
I'm heading out to BLM land some time next week. Going to see how far we can get sight lines in the hills. Pics will follow, of course.

I'm starting to think when I look at you guys' pics of nice shooting spots....reminds me of when you can't afford good glass...and you get used to sitting behind some cheap ass scope for years...and then someone asks if you'd like to shoot their rifle...and your eyes look through Alpha glass...and you are like CRAP!!! Why did I look at that? Now I want that!!! And then you are poor...heh

Reactions: camotoe
Isn't this the 7 SAUM keystone accuracy posted about? I live in Colorado too and have some cool places to shoot but nothing like that yet.

Yep. Same barrel.
I used to know of a few places outside of Evergreen but that was a long time ago.

My CO BLM range is 1100 yards from my back door and goes out to 2400yds, but is currently occupied by wintering elk, which is a new thing. I’m trying to be respectful to my new “neighbors”, so won’t be shooting for a couple months.

My CO BLM range is 1100 yards from my back door and goes out to 2400yds, but is currently occupied by wintering elk, which is a new thing. I’m trying to be respectful to my new “neighbors”, so won’t be shooting for a couple months.

Curious - is that a BLM rules thing or neighborly thing?

Curious - is that a BLM rules thing or neighborly thing?
Well you certainly don’t want elk near the target.

I always glass the area before sending a shot especially on the longer shots.
I also set my targets in areas not popular to elk

there’s currently a winter cow hunt at that area so their pretty skittish anyways.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think when I look at you guys' pics of nice shooting spots....reminds me of when you can't afford good glass...and you get used to sitting behind some cheap ass scope for years...and then someone asks if you'd like to shoot their rifle...and your eyes look through Alpha glass...and you are like CRAP!!! Why did I look at that? Now I want that!!! And then you are poor...heh

The glass and gear trap is horrible.
I was so comfortable with savage rifles and mediocre scopes for so long till I got behind some good stuff.

Same with my fly fishing rods and reels.

Reactions: b2lee and gnochi

My 1500 yard range is also winter range for elk and deer. It sucks but we leave it alone until the animals disperse.

I had Kowa $400 spotter for years then bought the Vortex Razor and was like Holly fuck, what was I thinking. I didn't know I made a good decision until I sat behind both side by side.

PB

Reactions: b2lee
Hey OP congrats! Feels good.

Had my personal best a few days ago as well. 3 in a row at 1350 on 20in steel with my target 3006. 996in of drop and 98in of wind hold.

About 786ft/s and 252ftlbs of energy left at impact :)

The glass and gear trap is horrible.
I was so comfortable with savage rifles and mediocre scopes for so long till I got behind some good stuff.

Same with my fly fishing rods and reels.

Don't get me started on how much I spend on fishing stuff.

OP - Congratulations. Hoping to get my 1k+ broke next month.

If you live in Western CO on the other side of the divide, you can find some decent National Forest, or BLM to shoot on. East, you have to know a guy who knows a guy to get a good place to shoot, and I don't know any guys. Either way (mountains or plains), it is a 2+ hour drive to get there for me.

I have a place in the Pawnee Grasslands that I can get to 835, but it sucks hiking the steel out and back. I respect the "No motorized vehicles off road".