• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New Amber Filters

MX762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2007
The Republic Of Texas
A bud sent me a new product they work well. There is no image or resolution degredation and don't cut as much of the light emitted from the NVG as the Wilcox filters and there made from high grade optical polycarbonate..

030.jpg

034.jpg

032.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

Thx SIERRA II ALPHA

Re: New Amber Filters

So now all we need is price and availability. I've got a Wilcox, but I'd give these a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now all we need is price and availability. I've got a Wilcox, but I'd give these a try. </div></div>

+1 Add me to the list of wanting to know...

I got mine here: IMS Amber Filter

They are very effective, the optical polycarb. is crystal clear and coatings appear to be top notch. The eyecup retaining ring on these is the same metal ring as is often supplied with the unit, so there is minimal protrusion.

Nice filter although I am not a fan of the supplier. You let that Micro go far to cheap by the way. It did not slip past my auction prowess.

Fair deal the buyer got and I actually was going to buy it for a guy who is in need of a cheaper solution. Missed it by a hair. She sold quick !

I have never seen anything like that before. Will have to give it a try

Yes they are brand new. Just to clarify they are an optically clear polycarbonate and there is NO resolution degradation. See they are so clear people think they are glass LOL ! ! ! I am guessing that in the pictures above the focus of the objective was just off a hair breath. We have tested these on a Hoffman 126 for resolution clarity and you can still resolve 64 Line Pairs Per Millimeters.

These were developed because of everything that I didn't like about the other red filters out on the market and so far the response to them has been overwhelmingly positive.

We are working on a rubber bumper that surrounds the eye-cup adapter ring.

I am out of these at the moment, give Jason or Hunter a shout! They carry them as well.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

What is the advantage of this? It appears to degrade And darken the image (details look fuzzy and the fence post behind the trailer is noticeably darker)

TIA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the advantage of this? It appears to degrade And darken the image (details look fuzzy and the fence post behind the trailer is noticeably darker)

TIA </div></div>

Some people don't want to use the eyecup and filters cut down or eliminate the green back splash to your face. If you drive with NOD's the elimination of the eyecup also allows you to look down at your gauges with an unaided eye.

If you don't care about your face being lit up it really has no advantage as you could just run your gear without an eyecup.

I ordered one of these filters it came today in the mail.With just some limited testing rural area,dark basement,and in town after dark tonight I find the filter to do a good job overall. I can't tell that it any reduced the sharpness/clarity any and light loss was much lower than the other amber filter I owned in the past. It is much easier on your eye going from NV to darkness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phantom223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I ordered one of these filters it came today in the mail.With just some limited testing rural area,dark basement,and in town after dark tonight I find the filter to do a good job overall. I can't tell that it any reduced the sharpness/clarity any and light loss was much lower than the other amber filter I owned in the past. It is much easier on your eye going from NV to darkness. </div></div>

I am glad you like it, You have no idea how many variations of Shade we went through picking the final version. In addition you mentioned no loss of clarity, That was a criteria and we tested these on a Hoffman where you can still resolve the 64 line for sharpness.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Yep I haven't seen any loss of lp/mm/clarity myself after testing in alot of different conditions rural to urban.I have also tested the filter on 64-72lp pinnacle and L3 systems filmed and filmless. Overall I really like it on a bright night or urban area it really lowers the stress on your eye. Like you stated above this filter doesn't block as much light as others I have seen/used. The side affect to that is I do see alittle more light splash from the eye piece vs the darker amber filter I used in the past that said I would rather have the little extra light splash vs the filter darkering my FOV more anyday of the week. I plan on buying another filter or two it looks like a great product and I also like the design that I can still use a eye cup on my 14 with the filter.