• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AMP Annealer Mark II to be released soon

I wonder what the pricing will be when they finally are available. From what I heard from someone, they are amazing for making your custom formed brass last a long time.

Reactions: Bradu
Yeah, I emailed them about a month ago and found out about this. They were hoping to have this out beginning of July. The extended run time and having the Aztec preloaded is good. I just hope they're not gonna be $1500.

From the release, it sounds like all the added features will be reflected in the price and not a simple evolution of the unit, which sounds slightly open to a decent price increase.

I have the original unit and I love it. Don’t see the need for Aztec though.

From the release, it sounds like all the added features will be reflected in the price and not a simple evolution of the unit, which sounds slightly open to a decent price increase.

I have the original unit and I love it. Don’t see the need for Aztec though.

Aztec is a tool for those of us that have OCD issues and need instant gratification... ;)

Aztec is a tool for those of us that have OCD issues and need instant gratification... ;)

Ha, I hear ya. Nothing wrong with that. I think it’s more so that I don’t want to buy it because my OCD will run rampant with it. Best to leave well enough alone.

Getting hooked on this sport has really put a dent in my wallet. And I used to think triathlon was an expensive hobby.
There's literally no end of expensive extras that tempt me.

My Amp has been on BO through Grafs since April. Got a call 2 weeks ago, price went up to $1400 w/the Aztec. I asked if anyone had cancelled because of it, of 25 orders he said no one had.

Reactions: Stpilot12
Idk, just sounds like yet another excuse to jack the price up

And from what I understand, preloaded with Aztec, but its still locked. The key code is still $200 more. If that is wrong (and I hope i am) someone please let me know..

@C_Mack So is that $1400 WITH the key code??

Because if its not, now we're looking at $1600?? I've been waiting 2 months for this puppy. Suddenly Im back on the fence.....

From what I read, I thought the Aztec mode was gonna be standard now.

From what I read, I thought the Aztec mode was gonna be standard now.

Yeah, It looks like based on the latest statement on the website that they've changed their position on the downloading and unlocking bs, so I think you're right. The email I got from them definitely said the opposite, but that was dated May 19. So, lets hope!

@Stpilot12 - My understanding is the Aztec mode is included & unlocked, but I could be wrong.

The MARK II model has the following improvements:

• Larger inductor to suit 50 BMG.
  • Capable of annealing everything from .17 Hornet to 50 BMG.
  • Significantly more output power.
  • Ceramic heat shield in the inductor to aid in heat management.
  • Superior cooling allowing near indefinite run time on smaller cases such as 223.
  • User replaceable pilot boss should the existing one get damaged.
  • An increase on the Warranty from one year to 3 years.
  • AZTEC MODE included and ready to use.
  • Existing STANDARD program range expanded and updated.

I don’t have one of these but wanted to get one eventually. I just don’t like that they cover the 50 cal now, call it an upgrade and adjust the price although not many people have use for it.

I don’t have one of these but wanted to get one eventually. I just don’t like that they cover the 50 cal now, call it an upgrade and adjust the price although not many people have use for it.

Aztec is built in, 1100 + 200=1300, they are charging 1400, so the cost is $100 for the upgrade and a 3yr warranty

Reactions: scalian
You can backorder these for the July release through Grafs. Not sure how many they have left in the upcoming shipment.

So, am I to understand correctly, that the enhanced programs will be available for updating the Mark I systems? (I haven't been able to justify the Aztec s/w upgrade for my Mk I, but would like the additional programs if possible.)

So, am I to understand correctly, that the enhanced programs will be available for updating the Mark I systems? (I haven't been able to justify the Aztec s/w upgrade for my Mk I, but would like the additional programs if possible.)

Aztec update does bring other updates which expands the programs available. If not running 50 BMG, high volumes, or cross threading your pilot boss then a Mark I version is still more than sufficient for almost everyone I think. A small fan blowing on the machine and a cool room does help prolong the run time for the Mark I.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Is it better for someone like myself who doesn't shoot competition and buys once fired brass for my bulk practice & doesn't separate by lots but wants quality loads to spend the extra amount on a AMP annealer vs a Giraud ? I will be doing bulk 5.56 & 300blk but also smaller amount of 308 for my gas guns and 6.5cm precision loads .
Or should I just stop being lazy and sort my brass :unsure: or is it an issue for 5.56 300blk & my LC 308 brass ?

I just emailed them and this was Alex's response, the owner,

"If you are in USA, the Mark ll will retail for approx. US$1,400.00. The first run of auto feeders will retail for $300.00, but if you miss out on that, the second run on will be closer to $400.00. Pilots are $20.00 each and you would need nine."

I asked about all the calibers I reload for

So about $2,000 for me, ouch

I bought one of these when they first came out. I absolutely love this machine. It is so fast, I don't know why you would even need an autofeeder unless you are running production. Same with Aztec. Every brand or lot of brass I've ever loaded has only taken minutes to look up online. I just keep a laminated list of all my settings next to the machine.

Yeah... I pulled the trigger on the backorder idea. We'll see how that goes.
I also ordered the Mate, I thought at 300 what a deal, I had no idea they were going to 400. When I backordered I asked them if they would have enough to fill the order, they claimed they did at that time.

This explains why they wouldn't let me BO the previous version a few weeks ago, only the notify option. Ohh well, there goes $1800.

Yeah ouch... it was painful. BO, is that Backorder or Bendover?? ;)

Both. IMO the price isn't bad though considering the technology. I'm actually quite surprised at the price of the case feeder, when I saw a video of it a month or so ago I fully expected it to cost up to a grand.

Both. IMO the price isn't bad though considering the technology. I'm actually quite surprised at the price of the case feeder, when I saw a video of it a month or so ago I fully expected it to cost up to a grand.
Yeah, youre right.. Its an amazing gizmo and I was gonna get it either way. I'm just being whiney. Im gonna go drink a glass of "shut the hell up" and sign up for some overtime at work. :)

I thought the same thing and completely agree. A bit over 2k with a Dillon case feeder and a completely automated state of the art annealing machine.

I just threw in on the pre release/backorder for the whole kit and kaboodle. Hope I'm not waiting too long... Looks like my Giraud might go up for sale soon

I will give Dwight from Graf’s props great communication via a quick email reply this morning:

“As you are aware the machines come from New Zealand and AMP is waiting on some compliance issues with shipping. Expected date should be late this month or early September.”

Looks like another 30 days...

The wait sucks but I’m looking forward to the upgrade over the one I purchased from the first batch.

I'll say, I'm not surprised. Not as a dig against AMP, but just any new product by a smaller company tends to have delays. I see it all the time, esp now with crowd funding.

Last edited:
I got the tracking info for my AMP Mate today, should have it this weekend. Now if I could just get an annealer.

I emailed them yesterday.. Got a prompt reply from Alex. Sounds like its finally moving forward.

His reply:

There has been a slight delay on the release of the Mark II annealer
pending final sign off of compliance certification.
That is now resolved, we should be shipping to all our distributors in early October

Regards,
Alex Findlay - President

They designed these with ELR in mind, but they are heading out to people. This arrived today.

Attachments

• 42800865_10160856017265414_7426419232729989120_o.jpg
    42800865_10160856017265414_7426419232729989120_o.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 116