• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AR build suggestions

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Haven't built a new AR in quite some time. First one was just a spike's lower and YHM complete upper. This time around I'm looking to get a nicer one for plinking and possible hog hunting in blinds. Currently looking at a DD upper and whatever lower since I can't find DD lowers, at least on Brownells, Geiselle super duty lower/upper, or just waiting for a Centurion Arms rifle to come in stock. While the ones I listed aren't piston operated, I am open to and would like a piston operated one as well. Any other nicer ARs I am missing, besides KAC, not looking to spend $5k.

Last edited:
    Hog hunting, hmm. I built a 6.8 SPC with a 12.5" ARP barrel and Aero Precision M4E1 upper and lower. I put the Adams Arms Piston system in it. Note that you MUST get the threaded standard version of the upper that uses mil spec barrel nut for that AA system to fit. It's mid length gas and I used AA light weight carrier. Then I put a Troy SOCC 10.5" rail on it, fits beautiful. Needs just a little dremeling to expand 1 mlok slot so you can tighten 1 of the Piston block screws. Easy peasy 5 min job.

Attachments

• 20200718_224027.jpg
      20200718_224027.jpg
      365.1 KB · Views: 39
    How does it shoot with the piston kit? Thinking of adding one to my existing AR.

I also have a 12.5 ARP 6.8 sbr. I've been playing with a Riflespeed gas block. Very easy to switch your gas flow is you shoot suppressed and not, multiple loads, big temperature swings or whatever combination of the above.
    20220412_141946.jpg

Reactions: Mocadon
    On the same boat here don’t mind buying one ready to go either, not too familiar on AR brands or QC/CS coming from the bolt gun world.

I found primary weapons systems, I think is the name. Think I’m going to go that upper route since it’s a piston operated one.