• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AR thoughts. JP vs KAC help.

inferno218

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
Plano TX
I currently have a SR-15 E3 (1-100 silver and black edition) with a Vortex 1-6 Gen II razor. I had originally bought this gun because I heard nothing but great things about KAC and it was unique. I also had hopes and dreams of doing some 3 gun comps which really has not panned out.

My problem is that the local range I visit is paper only at 100, then 1moa steel targets plus paper at 200,300,400,500. They also do not allow FMJ.

My thoughts are to get an AR that is geared more for the range that I have available to me. Oh yeah, my other issue is that my wife does not like guns and I only get a little bitty gun safe to put everything into... So I don't have room for both.

Looking at a 18" or 20" JP SCR-11 or a KAC LPR.

Any thoughts or ideas on one vs the other? I also have a surefire socom in that I am waiting on and will more than likely shoot suppressed 90+% of the time.

I posed this same question before and decided on the KAC LPR

Can't go wrong with either. JP is a work of art and KAC is mother fing beast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Upper: JP (quality barrel, low profile rail and proven track record in 3 gun comps).
Lower: KAC (hands down the winner, factory two stage trigger is as reliable as any other trick trigger, ambi controls/QD sockets).
As a system: KAC gets my vote... kriger barrels are a quality piece of kit, mod 1 rail is pretty slick and as stated before... the lowers are badass.

my 2 cents...

KAC all the way. JP makes a great rifle, but the LPR and Mod 1 are monsters. The new URX rail is awesome, it is long enough to run a forward hand grip that is popular these days and honestly the LPR and Mod 1 don't need the adjustable gas block. KAC really has their shit together these days and it shows. The JP was built on the premise of a gamer gun where the KAC was built as a combat gun. Two different purposes and both good guns. Either one will not disappoint and provide great accuracy and fun.

Also don't count out that E3 mine was a solid 3/4 MOA gun with quality ammo.

My vote goes to the KAC LPR, you get the best of both worlds, a battle gun with relentless reliability and a Krieger barrel. Mine shoots lights out. At least an inch with crap ammo, and 1/2 with match grade. I can shoot 3 inch targets at 600 with the cheap ammo. The JP im sure is great too but I know for a fact that my Knights is the best AR I own, and I have been through quite abit of them

^ I was waiting for that suggestion. Surprised it took this long. ^

Take a look at a thread on M4carbine.net where I posted the exact same question. Great feedback there. The KAC is just a more battle proven design.