• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New AR15 ---- I cant shoot the thing

Re: New AR15 ---- I cant shoot the thing

No offense, but my 11" barreled OLY CAR with a 1-11" twist barrel shoots sub moa when I am doing my part. Optic wise it only has a Aimpoint red dot. The only "Race" component I have on it is a JP rifles trigger. All this with factory ammo.

Do you know about scope parallax?

That allows your scopes retical to be on the same focal plane as the image at the distance that you are shooting at.
If this isn't adjusted properly then you could easily have the accuracy issues that you are describing.

Next time you get the chance, look through your scope at something about 100 yards away.
When you bob your head from side to side do the cross hairs move around off your point of aim?

When parallax is set properly they will be locked onto the target, even when your head position changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 20pt">I didn't assemble the upper.</span></div></div></span></span>

THAT was your first mistake, second was NOT inspecting it for improper assembly, third was posting about your ineptness.

have a great day ! the rest of your life ! </div></div>

Thanks for the lesson bud. However forgive me if I dont taken anything you say with even an ounce of importance.

After all your first post in this thread was that I should be happy with the accuracy I was getting.

Please continue with your disillusions of self grandeur. We all know you are never wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Step off bro, and save a little of your credibility. Oh, and read my sig line....I'm talkin' about YOU there....</div></div>

seems to me it also applies to you, unless of course you are the ultimate professor of all AR-15s which i doubt you are so save some of your credibility by confessing you do <span style="font-size: 17pt">NOT</span> know it all <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">O</span></span> forking <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">K</span></span> ??

you stick to what you <span style="font-weight: bold">KNOW</span> and i will stick to what i <span style="font-size: 20pt">KNOW</span>, i have over 40 years experience with AR-15s.., what is your years of experience with the AR-15 ???

thank you sir ! </div></div>

The AR has changed drastically over the past 40 years....what kind of experience do you have with ar15s?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Step off bro, and save a little of your credibility. Oh, and read my sig line....I'm talkin' about YOU there....</div></div>

seems to me it also applies to you, unless of course you are the ultimate professor of all AR-15s which i doubt you are so save some of your credibility by confessing you do <span style="font-size: 17pt">NOT</span> know it all <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">O</span></span> forking <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">K</span></span> ??

you stick to what you <span style="font-weight: bold">KNOW</span> and i will stick to what i <span style="font-size: 20pt">KNOW</span>, i have over 40 years experience with AR-15s.., what is your years of experience with the AR-15 ???

thank you sir ! </div></div>

The AR has changed drastically over the past 40 years....what kind of experience do you have with ar15s? </div></div>

please explain "drastically", i have a Colt AR-15 bought in 1978 that looks just like my Colt AR-15 A2 that i bought just a couple years ago, just a few minor changes in stock length, forearm, heavier barrel, other than those few minor changes they are exactly the same in function.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of experience do you have with ar15s?</div></div>

kind of a stupid question don't ya think ? i said i have <span style="font-weight: bold">OVER</span> 40 years experience with the AR-15 and nearly that many AR-15s

now go back to your Mattel's and Tonka toys and have fun, don't bother me with trivial maters
grin.gif

Ok, Ill go back to my Mattels and Tonka toys. I wont bother you anymore since youll probably be on some classified dark ops task force 141 mission.

On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have with that type of weapon? Military, LE, gunsmith/armorer, etc....or do you just finger fuck them and call that experience.

Dammit, Mike

Stop feeding the troll. He's not going to tell you anything. Anything he says can't and won't be substantiated. In nearly 200 posts, he has yet to make any contribution to this forum. Notice how he never chimed in until after the problem was identified. His "40+ years" of experience offered no solutions or trouble shooting.

I wouldn't care if he were Eugene Stoner's understudy, any credibility he may have had has long since been destroyed by his own ignorance and childish behavior.

Think about it. Can you think of any professional in any trade (let alone Mil, LE, or smith) that would behave in this manner?

Way to go Mike,

It's really hard to type when the tears are rollin down my cheeks from laughing so hard ,but.
I agree, this theard has gone off course.
Constructive input and usefull information is all that is needed here.
I am interested if the WAO rifle in question, where we started, has been restored to a functional and accurate weapon.
I will say that I've returned to this thread out of morbid curiosity and for the entertainment value.
Oh, and after reading the thread again, I belive it was "pp" who made the " .005 inch groups" comment.
I'll bet even a brenchrest shooter worth his salt wouldn't make a claim about a... five thousandths of an inch group....
or maybe he just got the decimal point in the wrong place.
It happens.
I'm sure I'm not going to get the last word in on this subject.
See you in the AM !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say that I've returned to this thread out of morbid curiosity and for the entertainment value.
</div></div>

+1!

[/quote] The AR has changed drastically over the past 40 years....what kind of experience do you have with ar15s? [/quote]

You can't ask Pete questions like that, cuz you know much of what he has done is still classified. I don't even want to think about how many super secret agencies just red flagged you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You can't ask Pete questions like that, cuz you know much of what he has done is still classified. I don't even want to think about how many super secret agencies just red flagged you.
</div></div>

He's actually probably in a rowboat 50 yards from your window preparing to take you out with an offhand shot from a 22lr with a soda bottle taped to the barrel.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have with that type of weapon? Military, LE, gunsmith/armorer, etc....or do you just finger fuck them and call that experience. </div></div>

i am quite certain you and several of you buttsucking buddies here are very familiar with finger fucking anything.., including each other !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have...</div></div>

maybe i should be asking you folks what kind of experience do YOU have ? is it merely trigger time or BS time, me thinks the later.

with 40+ years of owning AR-15s and ALL their different configurations, i believe i have encountered every conceivable situation that the weapon can pose to the most experienced gunners.

Then why are you asking?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have with that type of weapon? Military, LE, gunsmith/armorer, etc....or do you just finger fuck them and call that experience. </div></div>

i am quite certain you and several of you buttsucking buddies here are very familiar with finger fucking anything.., including each other !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have...</div></div>

maybe i should be asking you folks what kind of experience do YOU have ? is it merely trigger time or BS time, me thinks the later.

with 40+ years of owning AR-15s and ALL their different configurations, i believe i have encountered every conceivable situation that the weapon can pose to the most experienced gunners. </div></div>

LOL.........suspicion confirmed......WAFA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, what kind of experience do you have with that type of weapon? Military, LE, gunsmith/armorer, etc....or do you just finger fuck them and call that experience. </div></div>

with 40+ years of owning AR-15s and ALL their different configurations, i believe i have encountered every conceivable situation that the weapon can pose to the most experienced gunners. </div></div>

You've got to admit, though, that while the useful information content of his posts is pretty much zero, Pete is entertaining.

Pete is very entertaining, i doubt most of his claims, but since he cant release what he has done in the past because its still classified....well Pete has already broken my number one rule

<span style="font-weight: bold">Please</span> stop feeding the troll

OP, how does the gun shoot now?

It could be that the OP has let his scope become a distraction to good shooting. Perhaps, he's gone straight to a sight picture, without consideration for stock-weld, and/or adjustment of NPA. Unless addressed before the hold is established, muscular tension, as well as parallax error will destroy any recognition of where the barrel is actually pointed.

My upper receiver block gets delivered today so hopefully I can take it to the range this afternoon.

While my fundamentals aren't perfect I do try and make an effort to get a consistent cheek weld, hold, as well as checking NPA before the shot.

Especially when I cant get the rifle to do a damn thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My upper receiver block gets delivered today so hopefully I can take it to the range this afternoon.

While my fundamentals aren't perfect I do try and make an effort to get a consistent cheek weld, hold, as well as checking NPA before the shot.

Especially when I cant get the rifle to do a damn thing.

</div></div>

If your barrel was loose in your receiver (I believe that was stated above) I'm surprised you were on paper at all at 100 yards.

Inconsistency in a scoped rifle is gonna be caused by either (1) some defect in the rifle muzzle, bore, etc or (2) some variation between the barrel and the scope.

Tighten that barrel down, and I think you'll be g-t-g.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete is very entertaining, <span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">(Thank you </span>!) </span>i doubt most of his claims,<span style="color: #3366FF"> (which ones ?) </span>but since he cant release what he has done in the past<span style="color: #3366FF"> (whaddya wanna knoe ?)</span> because its still classified....well Pete has already broken my number one rule </div></div>

seems you folks always want info on me, but if i challenge you ALL to do the same you run and hide, just as the name of this forum implies, which is a misnomer because i doubt there are no REAL TRUE SNIPERS on this forum, i spent 25 years in the U.S.Navy..,( <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">NO !</span> </span> i was not a SEAL, Pilot, Captain, Admiral or Gunnersmate, but i got a lot of time with guns, rifles.., did you know a 16" gun is actually a rifle ? ) i doubt there are only about 10 maybe 12 other posters who ever served and maybe only 2 or 3 of us who had the fucking balls to dedicate our lives towards defending this great country and protecting you bumbasses and your right act like assholes towards another poster who only defended my fucking OPINION of the "Counter Sniper Scope".., but all i get is a fucking ration of shit from a bunch of fucking wanna bee's who still only have opinions, and we all know what that implies !!

Pete im gonna ask with the upmost respect, have you ever deployed to a foreign fucking land????Where people have shot at you??????? I doubt it, there are plenty of REAL working snipers here, obviously you are just an arm chair commando....So stop with the defending freedom bullshit, i doubt you have done much of that at all

You deserve your ration of shit now, you fucking arse clown. Gobbing off about the so-called lack of 'service' of others is way out of order, especially since you couldn't have a clue about who did what and where, you ignorant fool. A bit of good-natured shit-slinging is one thing but you've crossed over now. I'd tell you to cross back but you're clearly not capable of taking the hint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">protecting you bumbasses</div></div>

You protected a bumbass for 20yrs? How did that go?

In all honesty, your demonstrated inability to capitalize words, conjugate verbs, and make any sensible use of apostrophes is completely outweighed by your overt ignorance of the subject in which you claim expertise.

Up until now, this has been mildly entertaining, but I'll agree with the other posters who assert your calling their service and integrity into question crosses the line of gentlemanly decorum.

Your all-caps spelling and colorful letters completely betray your cowardice toward clearly articulating an argument with people of any technical skill and experience. A certain humility in always learning something new is a common trait of successful professionals, and is a hallmark of the developing mind. You, Sir, have failed to demonstrate any of these traits.

Priest,

I am currently in your wonderfull country. Only Aussies can take the English language and bend it into such magnificent new shapes.

I love "arse clown", but by a country mile, my favourite is KNOB JOCKEY.

Do you think this is apposite for PP?

Neil

Sure - knob jockey fits (FYI, knob can also can be spelled <span style="font-weight: bold">n</span>ob, as in 'ýou fucking nob') - but as you probably know by now, it's all in the delivery.
wink.gif

PS - Have a great time mate

The entertainment value of this thread is high. Especially PeePee.

<span style="font-style: italic">I hate the fact that I'm adding to this thread. So I'll make one point and get out.

If Piston Pete just claimed 25 years service in the Navy, he should have to send his DD214 to a Mod. If he is unable to provide his DD214 ban him. If you claim military service, then you better be able to back it up. I don't like trolls, but I hate liars.</span> <span style="text-decoration: underline">Now get back on topic gentlemen.</span>

To the OP, let us know if you have if your AR15 is fixed. As stated you need to tighten the barrel nut down. If you go to far with the amount of torque on the barrel nut you will be running the risk of throwing your BCG in a bind. You will know this right away when you go to the range. After you fire 30 rounds you will start getting FTF's specifically light strikes on your primers.

After you tighten the barrel nut down a simple way to check for a bind in your BCG is to remove the rear take down pin, breaking the AR15 open like a shotgun. Put the muzzle to the ground, were using gravity for this check. Pull the charging handle back, as if your were chambering a round. Let go of the charging handle. The BCG should fall into battery. The REAR of the BCG should not be pushed out from the rear of the upper receiver more than 1/8 of a inch. If your looking at the rear of the BCG with more than 1/8 of a inch exposed you looking at light strikes after 30 rounds of fire.

You should have your barrel nut torque at 30 Ft lbs. You will have to play with the barrel nut a little to get the correct timing so the gas slot lines up with the upper receiver. The gas tube should be very easy to indicate into the upper receiver. Now pull the charging handle back and look inside your chamber. The gas tube should be directly in line with the gas key on your BCG. There should be no rubbing or binding what so ever. Just slowly open and shut the bolt.

Good Luck.

Sniper's Hide: For the Serious Tactical Marksman

Please, just go away if you have nothing useful to add.

I almost dont want to put an update in because I'm afraid the thread will be finished!

But I got it to the range this morning and ran 30 rounds through it. First 10 were just crap ammo to check function. Next 20 for sight in and groups. Sorry no pics as I didn't stick around for a cease fire to grab the target but maybe next week.

69gn SMK, Rem 6 1/2 primers, 25.3gns varget, gave me 1 group of 1.5 inches and 3 groups of 3/4 inches. The gun can do much better I'm sure.

Rifle was consistent the entire time and functioned without problems.

Obviously the weak link is now me. Driving the AR feels so much different than a bolt gun so really concentrating on breathing and follow through made the groups shrink like PistonPete's credibility does with every post.

The trigger could use some help....the pull is probably 6+ lbs with tons of travel and preload. But for now I'm just gonna shoot as is and see if I wanna stick with the AR platform or go back to bolt guns.

I've got a 2 day hog/coyote hunt starting in about 6 hours and should have a chance to shoot this thing out to 5 or 600 yards as well so I didn't want to burn up to much ammo this morning.

That's good news, congrats! On a tangent, I've had several guys change their stock triggers to RRA NM after they shot mine. I couldn't believe the lousy trigger pulls on the Bushmasters I've handled lately...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Rifle was consistent the entire time and functioned without problems.

</div></div>

I have mixed emotions.

Glad for you, to get your gun running right.

Sad for me, cuz this thread may now end.

Mebbe if ya post up some targets, a certain fella who "may not be right, but is never wrong" will come back and tell us ya faked those sub - 1" groups with a pencil tip punching holes in paper. CUz ya just shouldn't expect better groups than 1.5" at 100 yards.

smile.gif

Good news RR

I'd second the idea of dropping in a better trigger. It'll make a lot of difference. I've used the Knights and Geissele 2-stage triggers - the latter was unbelievably good by comparison to the stock clunker.

A good trigger will make all the differance, but triggers are relative to what you are useing them for.
Target/Comptition/Plinker........2 stage Geissele, Jewell and the like are good.
Duty rifle/Door kicker....single stage 6 lb or the like, you do not want an AD.
Oops my bad can I have a do over....NOT.
Glad you were able to solve your problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete im gonna ask with the upmost respect, have you ever deployed to a foreign fucking land????Where people have shot at you??????? I doubt it, there are plenty of REAL working snipers here, obviously you are just an arm chair commando....So stop with the defending freedom bullshit, i doubt you have done much of that at all </div></div>

first off, your fucking <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">upmost respect</div></div> comment is covered with bullshit pal, but please do ramble on.

i served 25 fucking years in the U.S. Navy, and yes i have been fucking shot at.., i doubt you have similar credentials, post your greatest accomplishment in defending America.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You deserve your ration of shit now, you fucking arse clown. Gobbing off about the so-called lack of 'service' of others is way out of order, especially since you couldn't have a clue about who did what and where, you ignorant fool. A bit of good-natured shit-slinging is one thing but you've crossed over now. I'd tell you to cross back but you're clearly not capable of taking the hint. </div></div>

do you know what GFY means ? please get with it....., NOW !!

Pete....
you desperately need a mommy or a friend.Maybe if you were a little nicer you'd be able to find a wife but that's another thing you are bitter about, huh?
Your bitterness with everything in your life is evident here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">protecting you bumbasses</div></div>

You protected a bumbass for 20yrs? How did that go?

In all honesty, your demonstrated inability to capitalize words, conjugate verbs, and make any sensible use of apostrophes is completely outweighed by your overt ignorance of the subject in which you claim expertise.

Up until now, this has been mildly entertaining, but I'll agree with the other posters who assert your calling their service and integrity into question crosses the line of gentlemanly decorum.

Your all-caps spelling and colorful letters completely betray your cowardice toward clearly articulating an argument with people of any technical skill and experience. A certain humility in always learning something new is a common trait of successful professionals, and is a hallmark of the developing mind. You, Sir, have failed to demonstrate any of these traits. </div></div>

please demonstrate your outstanding traits..., if you have any.., BTW can you bring forth the post where i said any of this bullshit ? i am calling you a pure bred fucking liar ! <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-size: 20pt">"calling their service and integrity into question" </span></div></div> if you served just say so or are you ashamed of serving ?

rrflyer,

I do not have time to read all the bull shit on this post.

But the bottom line is this.

If that rifle still is not shooting, put it in a box, ship it to http://www.compasslake.com/ and ask frank to fix it.

Last time I did that it cost less than $100 and I had the rifle back in 1 week.

John

Sadly the shit being thrown in this thread has made it hard to follow the original subject. So I just skimmed through, sorry if it's been mentioned already..
What kinda stock do you have? Didn't see it mentioned, and seems like everything else on the rifle should be okay.
Remember when I bought my AR (used) the previous owner had a POS M4 type stock on it. May have been a Tapco. Anyway, that thing was really wobbly and because of it I had trouble hitting the paper at 100m. Just a thought.
If it shoots fine now, all is good..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete....
you desperately need a mommy or a friend.Maybe if you were a little nicer you'd be able to find a wife but that's another thing you are bitter about, huh?
Your bitterness with everything in your life is evident here...</div></div>

+1
This guy lives in his own world

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete im gonna ask with the upmost respect, have you ever deployed to a foreign fucking land????Where people have shot at you??????? I doubt it, there are plenty of REAL working snipers here, obviously you are just an arm chair commando....So stop with the defending freedom bullshit, i doubt you have done much of that at all </div></div>

first off, your fucking <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">upmost respect</div></div> comment is covered with bullshit pal, but please do ramble on.

i served 25 fucking years in the U.S. Navy, and yes i have been fucking shot at.., i doubt you have similar credentials, post your greatest accomplishment in defending America. </div></div>

How bout 2 tours through Iraq Jan-Aug of 2007 and then again March-Oct 2008??? Combat Action ribbon? 3rd Battalion 6th Marines? 2 MarDiv? would you like to see a DOD Id or maybe a copy and paste from Marine Online that list ribbons and awards? Pete please do tell where you were where you were shot at??? Im anxiously awaiting your highlighted and faggot ass colorful posts...Ask a few people around here about my deployments. JRose, 7mmRm, LowLight, RiflesOnly, Cowboy_Bravo, Wheres-Waldo, Diggler1833. Ive provided my creds and references how bout you do the same??????? Pete, ill ask you man to man, if you can handle that, please post your copy of a DD214 or 11060? But hey i dont expect you to do anything other than post some more rambling what ive done is Secret and classified. If you feel that you need a copy of a DOD Id or Awards display please let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete im gonna ask with the upmost respect, have you ever deployed to a foreign fucking land????Where people have shot at you??????? I doubt it, there are plenty of REAL working snipers here, obviously you are just an arm chair commando....So stop with the defending freedom bullshit, i doubt you have done much of that at all </div></div>

i served 25 fucking years in the U.S. Navy, and yes i have been fucking shot at.., i doubt you have similar credentials, post your greatest accomplishment in defending America. </div></div>

How bout 2 tours through Iraq Jan-Aug of 2007 and then again March-Oct 2008??? Combat Action ribbon? 3rd Battalion 6th Marines? 2 MarDiv? would you like to see a DOD Id or maybe a copy and paste from Marine Online that list ribbons and awards? Pete please do tell where you were where you were shot at??? Im anxiously awaiting your highlighted and faggot ass colorful posts...Ask a few people around here about my deployments. JRose, 7mmRm, LowLight, RiflesOnly, Cowboy_Bravo, Wheres-Waldo, Diggler1833. Ive provided my creds and references how bout you do the same??????? Pete, ill ask you man to man, if you can handle that, please post your copy of a DD214 or 11060? But hey i dont expect you to do anything other than post some more rambling what ive done is Secret and classified. If you feel that you need a copy of a DOD Id or Awards display please let me know.</div></div>

well no shit, 3/6 lima here. 3 tours to iraq. discharged 2008. I'm geussing you're still in or you just like it so much in Jacksonville that you decided to live there.

OK. I was only going to follow this thread but...I just cant help it. First off, for reasons beyond my control, I have NO military experience. That said. of all the professional soldiers and Marines I've known (and there have been a few) none that were 55+ years old which PP would have to be, would speak in this manner. He comunicates like an 8th grader. HE is the only one that changed paramiters. His exact point in his first post was an AR15 shooting .5 moa groups would "NEVER HAPPEN". Nothing mentioned about build, tuned, prepared or custom until he started back peddaling and spuing his pre pubesant tripe. Just that blanket statement. I dont give a rats ass if he was THE man they gave the first M16 to in Viatnam, anyone who makes blanket statements like that is talkin out of his ass.

PP, if you have the experience you say you have then I give you my sinscerest appology and thank you for your service. If it is true though, you are the single most immature man of your age and accomplishments I have heard speak.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You deserve your ration of shit now, you fucking arse clown. Gobbing off about the so-called lack of 'service' of others is way out of order, especially since you couldn't have a clue about who did what and where, you ignorant fool. A bit of good-natured shit-slinging is one thing but you've crossed over now. I'd tell you to cross back but you're clearly not capable of taking the hint. </div></div>

do you know what GFY means ? please get with it....., NOW !! </div></div>

Er, um, yeah sure Pete. If you say so.. yeesh, what a fucking muppet you are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How bout 2 tours through Iraq Jan-Aug of 2007 and then again March-Oct 2008??? Combat Action ribbon? 3rd Battalion 6th Marines? 2 MarDiv? would you like to see a DOD Id or maybe a copy and paste from Marine Online that list ribbons and awards? Pete please do tell where you were where you were shot at??? Im anxiously awaiting your highlighted and faggot ass colorful posts...Ask a few people around here about my deployments. JRose, 7mmRm, LowLight, RiflesOnly, Cowboy_Bravo, Wheres-Waldo, Diggler1833. Ive provided my creds and references how bout you do the same??????? Pete, ill ask you man to man, if you can handle that, please post your copy of a DD214 or 11060? But hey i dont expect you to do anything other than post some more rambling what ive done is Secret and classified. If you feel that you need a copy of a DOD Id or Awards display please let me know. </div></div>

Thank You !
for your service to our great United States of America !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"> what ive done is Secret and classified</span></div></div>

where the fuck do you dreamers come up with this shit ?
in my 25 years as a Jet Engine Mechanic, i made one Med Cruise as a FJ-3M plane Captain/Mechanic, 4 WestPac cruises with the F3H Demon/J-71, and the F4 Phantom/J-79 mechanic plus many, many Carrier Qualification cruises, i saw many death, destruction and bloody incidents both on carriers and land. me and my crew of 5 were the first responders to the F8U that crashed into Hangar #1 at USNAS Miramar 1969.
one night i was standing 6 ft. away from another man during flight ops on the USS Oriskany, the #3 wire broke on a landing it whipped around killing one man and injuring 11 (i think) the man next to me lost both feet just above the ankles.

i have held a man with a massive chest wound where i jammed my fist into the wound till the medics arrived about 7 minutes after the incident, i was given credit for saving the mans life, tell me of your heroism ?

Talk about a legend in his own mind...

I would have loved to be on a med Cruise. I bet that beat living in a tent in the desert for 6 months...

The Marines and fellow Army members are laughing even more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"> what ive done is Secret and classified</span></div></div>
where the fuck do you dreamers come up with this shit ?</div></div>
You said that, in another post. First and foremost requirement for a good BS-er, a good memory.

Well Pete, it sounds like you had a very distinguished career. Its too bad all your experience has not lend itself to facilitating helpful responses. You should really take a step back and remove the arrogance from your responses..some guys can get away with because they actually sound like they know what they are talking about, its painfully obvious that embarrassing yourself and shifting the blame is the only way you know how to communicate.

I have never owned an AR-15 and have much less experience overall than most here, but I was astounded to read your original post on accuracy expectation. He specifically stated it was a custom build and you immediately invited this entire forum into another Piston Pete shitstorm. What's worse is you proceeded to discredit many of the members here and their integrity, not having any working knowledge of who you are pissing on.

Basically you are offensive to all those that have served, including myself and your service demands no greater respect than anyone elses here. Leave your irrational fantasies with the Oriskany at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico and let the rest of us get back to reality.