• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Arken Offering

Let’s face it, they’re not good with addressing moisture. I was hoping they got that fixed.
Now someone needs to dunk the ep5.
If it leaks, I’m selling my sh4 and ep4, I’ll pick up another strike eagle and venom or maybe a couple Athlon helos gen 2s.
Have you not heard back about the rings?

gorgeous.

Mine's mostly black, and getting older now.

DkJq1ke.jpg

2pANCeG.jpg
gorgeous, what kind of dog?

Let’s face it, they’re not good with addressing moisture. I was hoping they got that fixed.
Now someone needs to dunk the ep5.
If it leaks, I’m selling my sh4 and ep4, I’ll pick up another strike eagle and venom or maybe a couple Athlon helos gen 2s.
I’ll take the EP4 when you’re ready to get rid of it 🤣 holla, holla holla holla

I received a EP5 from the first shipment but never got a chance to open and play with it due to work (I travel ALOT). When I did get a chance a week ago it had pretty significant "scope sweat" that you'll sometimes see in a very minor way from drastic elevation&temperature changes (from the coast of California up to Lake Tahoe for example).

This was not minor though. It was wet all around the magnification ring, with some pooling liquid at various spots. I emailed Arken about it and they never responded.

Here's a picture I took of it right when I opened the box. The reason the moisture is streaking down the eyepiece is they use a foam noodle to cover it to protect it during shipping, the noodle absorbed a bunch of the moisture and drug it down the eyepiece when I was sliding it off.

I would put it in the freezer and give it the freezer test to see if the seals are broken but I don't want Arken to say I broke it or caused it to get worse (if they get around to replying to me).

But hey the turrets are nice and clicky though.
My EP5 had that, too... Felt more like some sort of grease they use under the mag ring for smooth operation to me... I've unboxed a lot of new scopes with that, that never had an issue with moisture over the years I used them.

I don't recall any of my SH4 Gen2's having it, but they probably did, and I just don't remember.

After a message to Arken concerning the “scope sweat leak” as @Twistid put it, because I wanted to know myself… They confirmed it is in-fact assembly lube, like I thought. It is NOT leaking nitrogen.

I even linked them to this thread and your post with the picture for them to confirm. They also said each scope is fully pressure tested in a lab machine before packaging.

Just repeating what they told me. 👍🏼

81EF2795-BA84-4D69-8C58-936274FE9FE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DubfromGA
They replied to my email and said it's not normal, however clean it and keep on eye on it.

I would agree it's not normal, none of my scopes have ever had leaking like that, but this is my first Chinese scope that wasn't a LPVO (I'll admit I tried a few PA SLx and Arrowheads 🤣).
Unfortunately I'm not at home so I can't do a dunk/freezer test but I'll try to accomplish one in the next week or two. Hopefully the factory just slopped too much grease during assembly! I'll get some comparison pics as well with a DMR2 and Nikon (phillipino) I have on have at the moment.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
They replied to my email and said it's not normal, however clean it and keep on eye on it.

I would agree it's not normal, none of my scopes have ever had leaking like that, but this is my first Chinese scope that wasn't a LPVO (I'll admit I tried a few PA SLx and Arrowheads 🤣).
Unfortunately I'm not at home so I can't do a dunk/freezer test but I'll try to accomplish one in the next week or two. Hopefully the factory just slopped too much grease during assembly! I'll get some comparison pics as well with a DMR2 and Nikon (phillipino) I have on have at the moment.
That’s strange we both got different responses to the same question. Oh well… 🤷🏼

Hopefully it’s just grease. But if that’s not normal, I wonder why they did not ask you to send it back to them for a replacement?

That’s strange we both got different responses to the same question. Oh well… 🤷🏼

Hopefully it’s just grease. But if that’s not normal, I wonder why they did not ask you to send it back to them for a replacement?
I'd send it back, that is not normal at all and I'll guarantee you have issues down the road. $hitty response by them to say, keep an eye on it. They should have had you send right back

Couldn't answer why they didn't want it back, probably just common sense to see if after cleaning it off if continues to pool/leak or if is indeed globbed on grease. No reason to waste shipping money if Mr. Lee was just heavy handed with the lube because it was a Friday afternoon.

Either way they did respond so if it does fail I have to imagine they will replace it, hopefully 😂🤞

Also I don't want to be a Karen about it, other than the obvious leaking (call it grease or whatever you want, it's still leaking something) there was no other signs of failure. If it had debris on the inside lens or something like that, it would be much different.

Reactions: FuhQ
Couldn't answer why they didn't want it back, probably just common sense to see if after cleaning it off if continues to pool/leak or if is indeed globbed on grease. No reason to waste shipping money if Mr. Lee was just heavy handed with the lube because it was a Friday afternoon.

Either way they did respond so if it does fail I have to imagine they will replace it, hopefully 😂🤞

Also I don't want to be a Karen about it, other than the obvious leaking (call it grease or whatever you want, it's still leaking something) there was no other signs of failure. If it had debris on the inside lens or something like that, it would be much different.
it's not being a karen, you paid good money for a scope and it shouldn't be doing that. Any 'sweat' or leaking oil will only be exacerbated with changing temps and humidity. either way, your move obviously but I'd not be satisfied with that response. get out and shoot, cures all ills!

So far I’m liking mine. Really nice turrets as was already mentioned.
Was looking at some crows in trees that I clocked at 551yrds and 412yrds.
The EP5 wouldn’t focus on them even though the diopter is set and the parallax is set at 400-500. Would not focus clearly until I turned the parallax down to 200.
550 is as far as I can scope anything at my home, so I don’t know if the parallax will read 200 but go even further than 550. It’s definitely off by quite a bit, but honestly, if it works at set 200 all the way out to 600 or beyond, I’m having difficulty viewing that as a bad thing.
I know it’s not supposed to be like that, but I wouldn’t mind only needing to move from its lowest setting to 200 or so for long range.
Still contemplating on how I feel about it.
Won’t really have a definitive opinion about it until I take it long range shooting. Other than the parallax being off by quite a lot, for $500 scope I really like it. The lowest quality scope I have to compare it to is a Gen 1 Cronus, so no apples to apples yet.

Got email today from Arken stating price increases in 16MAR2022. EP5 delivery quoted at 8-12 weeks.

Got email today from Arken stating price increases in 16MAR2022. EP5 delivery quoted at 8-12 weeks.
I haven't seen any emails like that... I'm just a customer. Are you a dealer?

Their website still says $549... But it does say 8-12 weeks lead time. And I guess they're letting you backorder now, so, I guess if the prices are going up, now's the time to buy for those who didn't get in on the 1st go-round. I'm good on scopes right now, or I'd go ahead and order a 2nd EP5, since it's 2-3 months wait. The glass on my EP5 is pretty damn nice, although the turrets don't feel as good as my SH4 Gen2 scopes' turrets, but I think that's just a manufacturing tolerance variation. They don't feel particularly bad, just not as smooth and refined, and they have loud audible spring-back. Other than that, I'm impressed for the money. They're budget scopes, so they won't be perfect in every way.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 3.56.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Haaa I shit you not there is an Arken box...the box only on ebay for 50 bucks. There are some ep5 on sale the bids are at 650 with 1.5 days left and 610 with 7 days left lulz. People have turned into idiots.

Got the same email. Not sure if there's a price increase or if that package deal is going away.
Received same, I take it as good CS for current Arken owners. I'm happy with my SH4 G2 4-16x and seriously considering an EP5 primarily so I can get the greater magnification range....my eyes are old and I need all the assist I can get, LOL.

The one thing I'd like to see is a QD mount...hint, hint @Arken

See, if I was a shill, I wouldn't have this problem, right? If I was a shill, they would have made sure that I had one in-hand BEFORE they dropped, ready to release my photos and videos and opinions saying how awesome it is, etc... But I didn't. I also wouldn't have had to purchase one with my own money, and then wait over a month for the damn thing to ship, creating frustration for me. These people calling me a shill are a joke themselves. 🤣
No, they are not, and your consistent behavior proves otherwise. Especially in other threads where you recommend Arken when it doesn't meet the original specs of the OP.

No, they are not, and your consistent behavior proves otherwise. Especially in other threads where you recommend Arken when it doesn't meet the original specs of the OP.
Dude, just get over yourself already... You're a newbie and a nobody. Yeah, we'll trust your word over someone who's been around the gun forums 10+ years before Arken ever existed. Not necessarily this one, or with the same username, I changed it to be sarcastic.

Dude, just get over yourself already... You're a newbie and a nobody. Yeah, we'll trust your word over someone who's been around the gun forums 10+ years before Arken ever existed. Not necessarily this one, or with the same username, I changed it to be sarcastic.

His name change was directed at me a few months ago.
I didn't take it personally and actually thought it was funny as hell. Still do.

Both of us have moved forward.

I sent back my EP5 on 1/19/22 for parallax not lining up. Got the new one today and it seems to match. I’ll know more once I hit a proper range. That’s the turn around time I experienced.

Also I addended my original post about scope caps from MKM.

The 2.560” does NOT fit the 56mm bell which measures 2.599”. Tyler at MKM doesn’t currently offer a size to fit but I’ve requested he add 2.610” to the menu I linked below. If you ordered I suggest emailing them and requesting the larger size. The 2.638” is the next size currently offered and would be too large. 🍻

I sent back my EP5 on 1/19/22 for parallax not lining up. Got the new one today and it seems to match. I’ll know more once I hit a proper range. That’s the turn around time I experienced.

Also I addended my original post about scope caps from MKM.

The 2.560” does NOT fit the 56mm bell which measures 2.599”. Tyler at MKM doesn’t currently offer a size to fit but I’ve requested he add 2.610” to the menu I linked below. If you ordered I suggest emailing them and requesting the larger size. The 2.638” is the next size currently offered and would be too large. 🍻

I have bene debating on requesting to send mine back for the audible spring-back and gritty turrets that feel like they have a slight catch in them... But I hate to be that nit-picky about it, especially if they track fine. Don't know, as I haven't been to the range yet. But so far seem to be good on the bore-sighter's grid.

I have a ep4 6-24 my buddy has my old ep4 4-16 and the turrets feel completely different from each other. But models were the same time period of manufacture. That tells me the QC isn’t the best. Probably from high demand and them rushing their out the door. Both track very well, but you can definitely feel the difference. It’s something that bothers me a little.

I feel like my EP5 turrets are a nice upgrade from my EP4 416 and SH4 G2 624. Mine are very audible with a higher pitch click and do have a little spring back. Initially it made them easier to move 0.1-0.2 MIL past my target number. After spending time behind them I developed a better feel and dialed more accurately. In fairness, I’ve done this on other scopes too so who knows.

Reactions: Gohring65
The difference that you feel in the EP5 turret, is that it has 10MIL per rev, vs the 8MIL per rev of the SH4. The EP5 still has great turrets, but the spacing part does make a noticeable difference.

This topic has become laughable. Some of the people posting here are ridiculous. People complaining about “spring back”, parallax numbers not lining up, turret lines not lining up, Turret audible clicks. My scope needs to be sent back for service…..Really…..

I think people are forgetting this is a $500 Chinese scope. It is not a Tangent Theta.

Lol. I agree. If it's 56mm, tracks, and is not as shitty, cloudy, dark as a Baraska POS you are winning like coolie locked in a rice granary! Basically this is the new and improved Super Sniper for the 2020s. Not near the quality of a tier 1 scope, but perfectly functional for long range shooting and even competition!

Wanting it to be anywhere near a tier one scope is just silliness.

Last edited:
Don't even bring up tier one not even tier 2. Enjoy it for what it is a cheap china pos.

Wow the wisdom in the latest post is priceless.
But people are still going to compare them, talk about them and stroke them.
Not sure where you guys been, but there’s a few threads about them with several hundred post. Seems like now you guys are getting triggered.
Maybe find the strength to hold on while people discuss them. Or maybe unwatch the thread, because that’s what it’s here for.

Oh, not triggered, I just back ordered one. Shit, I’ll put it on my kid’s .22 if I think it sucks. If it doesn’t I may buy more. What do I have to loose at $550? Appearently the resale is solid too!:ROFLMAO:

That said, I am not man enough to show up to a match and spend more than a thousand dollars in travel, accommodations, fees, and food/bev to shoot with a scope worth half that match. I may shoot just as good 🤷‍♂️, but my friends will see me! If you hadn’t noticed we‘re a bunch of mean motherfuckers. It certainly ain’t worth THAT!

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Watching simply for entertainment. Ohhh ahhhh wow it has all these features only 400 dollars i got springback and i might have to do a dunk test then put it in the freezer i might send it back shit this is a great thread.

Oh, not triggered, I just back ordered one. Shit, I’ll put it on my kid’s .22 if I think it sucks. If it doesn’t I may buy more. What do I have to loose at $550? Appearently the resale is solid too!:ROFLMAO:

That said, I am not man enough to show up to a match and spend more than a thousand dollars in travel, accommodations, fees, and food/bev to shoot with a scope worth half that match. I may shoot just as good 🤷‍♂️, but my friends will see me! If you hadn’t noticed we‘re a bunch of mean motherfuckers. It certainly ain’t worth THAT!
But if you beat them with a $500 scope..........priceless.

This topic has become laughable. Some of the people posting here are ridiculous. People complaining about “spring back”, parallax numbers not lining up, turret lines not lining up, Turret audible clicks. My scope needs to be sent back for service…..Really…..

I think people are forgetting this is a $500 Chinese scope. It is not a Tangent Theta.
Well it is a discussion thread so there’s that. Sad you feel the need to bitch about what other people are doing with their time.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
No one is bitching about what other people are doing. Merely pointing out that complaining about minor deficiencies in a low end scope and expecting top tier performance is laughable. No one is saying don't buy or don't use. Just saying they are what they are and to expect Tangent Theta attributes is ridiculous.

Reactions: dirtytough
If you are easily triggered by minor imperfections don't order an Arken.

You ever catch yourself in a room full of people and your carrying on a complete conversation and realize nobody is listening.??

I bet a few of you have. !

It’s because nobody IS listening.

It’s because nobody cares what you have to say.

Last edited:
You guys want some caps to surprise the shit out of you, get a set of Monstrum tactical caps. The ep4 6-24 I bought last month off of @eric1911 came with a set, they were a huge surprise, very good quality.
Agree, I've had a couple of sets, though once you get to 56mm objective, it's a little iffy, as some scopes have HUGE objectives.
They make some pretty dandy rings as well.

Reactions: Gohring65
Agree, I've had a couple of sets, though once you get to 56mm objective, it's a little iffy, as some scopes have HUGE objectives.
They make some pretty dandy rings as well.
I’ll definitely be ordering more.

Well it is a discussion thread so there’s that. Sad you feel the need to bitch about what other people are doing with their time.
Not bitching about anything. Just laughing at everyone who is bitching about their cheap ass scope. Hell, I have one. I think it’s a decent scope. But I clearly don’t expect perfection from a $500 scope. I don’t expect perfection from my $4000 scopes…..

Reactions: Cr1775
My EP5 showed up today! Got one just to try it out. I have only mounted it up on the rifle and played around with it a little bit. The turrets are sharp and distinct, more so than the SH4 Gen II I have sitting on my 22 Lr. Looks good on the rifle so it has that going for it too. I have a bolt gun match tomorrow so hopefully will have a chance to zero and test it out more on Sunday.

99373D0B-907C-42FC-B936-51E1C3078758.jpeg