• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ballistics app??

JustMissedIt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2019
    Ohio
    Frank mentioned a new ballistics solver in a recent podcast. Can’t remember the name. Any help? Thanks!

I keep looking for one that will auto correct BC on multiple different DOPE entries. I did just see a video on the kestrel though that tells you to put in the BC right before trans. Wondering if that wont help a bit. Maybe I am wrong, but as an Archer, I had a software that would allow me to put in DOPE and it would recalculate between the two known DOPE entries. I really don't like change BC in Kestrel or speed in Strelok. I think you should have a Velo that if you put in great info starting information. I wish an app would come out where you would be able to make small changes at distance.

I keep looking for one that will auto correct BC on multiple different DOPE entries. I did just see a video on the kestrel though that tells you to put in the BC right before trans. Wondering if that wont help a bit. Maybe I am wrong, but as an Archer, I had a software that would allow me to put in DOPE and it would recalculate between the two known DOPE entries. I really don't like change BC in Kestrel or speed in Strelok. I think you should have a Velo that if you put in great info starting information. I wish an app would come out where you would be able to make small changes at distance.
    You are looking at it backwards anyway. The point is to make the calculator match your real world observed DOPE. Who cares what the velocity or BC number is that makes it correct. The point is that it’s correct.

the difference with genesis is it isn’t a point mass calculator. It’s a point mass plus using the cold bore engine based of the Pejsa model vs McCoy. Coldbore has been the gold standard for a long time.

You are looking at it backwards anyway. The point is to make the calculator match your real world observed DOPE. Who cares what the velocity or BC number is that makes it correct. The point is that it’s correct.

the difference with genesis is it isn’t a point mass calculator. It’s a point mass plus using the cold bore engine based of the Pejsa model vs McCoy. Coldbore has been the gold standard for a long time.
    Good to know on Genesis. As far as thinking of it backwards, I am saying that if I put my dope in, it should recalculate the software with real life dope put in. SO... If I am off at 1300 and I put a 1400 yard dope in my kestrel and a 700 yard dope, I bet it would get me on target a little better. I am for more data points. That is all I am saying.

Good to know on Genesis. As far as thinking of it backwards, I am saying that if I put my dope in, it should recalculate the software with real life dope put in. SO... If I am off at 1300 and I put a 1400 yard dope in my kestrel and a 700 yard dope, I bet it would get me on target a little better. I am for more data points. That is all I am saying.
    So ive been successful with Apps like AB doing this. I gather my actual dope and MV. I tweak my MV so the 600-800 dope matches my real world dope and i adjust the BC around 1000-1200 to match my real world dope. That’s been a pretty reliable method for me when i need it. This gets me within .1 across the whole range spectrum in most cases.

Reactions: cornhusker86
    is Genesis not available for download outside the States ?