• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Bammer fan?

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Well not quite..... but I must say after the story I was told about Nick Sabin... Im certainly a fan of his and certainly understand why Alabama has such a strong fanbase.

I met a new friend last weekend at the neighborhood pool. He was the father of my daughters friend from school and an Auburn Police officer. We hit it off talking about hunting and precision rifles etc, etc. The we got into college football. As everyone knows in Alabama there is a line drawn and one side is picked..... This is where a friendly conversation can come to a sudden halt. haha

Anyway, being an Auburn police officer he spoke of a fairly recent shooting that occurred locally and an officer was wounded. In Auburn when this happens the town stops and knows about it immediately and everyone pays respect. Another reason I love it here. We love our Police Officers. The officer that was shot was a good friend of his as well as an Auburn Fan, but it was Nick Sabin that personally called and arranged a personal visit. My new friend took me to his house and showed me all kinds of personal letters from Coach Sabin and Frames pictures of Sabin with Auburn Police officers. It really hit me about his Character. I always admired him as a football coach, but the personal character he showed by supporting the wounded officer was just heart warming.

Auburn has always been my home and my team, but I will certainly look at Bama in a different light as long as Nick is their coach. The funniest part was how Gus scrambled to do the same after he found out what Nick had already done...

I know him quite well! He’s a great man and his wife Terry is a jewel!