• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NEW BattleView Infrared Venous Trans Illuminator

clasky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
USA
TNVC is committed to the Armed Professional, be they Warfighters or LEO's. Sure, we also have a heavy presence in the commercial market, but our number one priority is to get the best gear to those who go into harm's way on behalf of their country and communities. Our dedication to our warriors has us constantly seeking new products and night vision-related gear to enhance their capabilities.

Every so often, a product crosses our path that we feel is truly revolutionary. This is one of those times.

Battleview_4.jpg

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/battleview-infrared-vascular-trans-illuminator/

BattleView © is a patented, combat-tested, near-infrared vascular trans-illuminator designed to aid IV insertion at night without compromising an operator’s position. Utilizing standard-issue night vision goggles, medics can apply BattleView © to venous area to easily locate an IV target without the use of white light. The device incorporates four encapsulated IR LED’s that bond with the iron in the venous blood travelling back to the heart, effectively fluorescing the veins. This makes target veins extremely easy to spot, allowing IV’s to be inserted as if under normal lighting conditions.

BattleView © has a fantastic power to size ratio, capable of shining right through several inches of tissue. It can be used on the upper appendages to locate commonly targeted veins (Cephalic and Dorsal Venous) in the hand and wrist. It can even reveal the veins in the medial part of the lower arm (Median Anti-Brachial and Cephalic). In areas of higher muscular density, BattleView © can be rotated to the same side as the infiltration site to trans-illuminate the superficial target veins. The same can be done on the lower appendages when targeting common structures like the Saphenous Vein.

Battleview_7.jpg

Battleview_8.jpg

BattleView © is one of the most innovative products developed for the tactical medicine community. Its lightweight foam and neoprene construction make it easily packable in a medic’s kit and it deploys in seconds. Simply run the patient’s appendage through the shock cord retaining band with the foam pad against the skin and click the on/off button. BattleView © is powered by a single 3-volt CR123A lithium battery. The LED’s operate in the near-infrared spectrum. So, while they mainly produce IR light visible only through night vision goggles, they also emit a faint red glow that is visible to the naked eye. The red glow can only be seen from a few feet away and is used for checking power status without NVG aid. The IR emission is very strong, allowing BattleView © to be used as an IR Beacon or area light as well. In addition, the unit also produces heat when powered on. The heat lets it be used as a thermal beacon. Because the device produces heat, though; users should take caution in leaving it on a patient for too long.

Battleview_6.jpg

BattleView © is the only kit on the market that trans-illuminates. It is this technology that allows it to create such incredible images compared to other devices that only use reflected IR. Reflected IR kit creates poor imaging and is generally bulky. Because of this, BattleView © is the most powerful tool of its kind available today. It is a true life-saving device that increases operator safety and survivability on the battlefield. It has been in use by a select unit and has saved lives in combat. TNVC is the exclusive distributor of this product and it is available now.

Here is what BattleView looks like through a PVS-14 Night Enforcer during a live IV stick.

Battleview_9.jpg

Battleview_12.jpg

Battleview_5.jpg

Re: NEW BattleView Infrared Venous Trans Illuminator

This is a great product that should save many lives ! Great idea to get this out in the field.

OK, that second last one had me wincing... I do not like sticking needles in my own body.

But if I had to stick one in my own hand, I think I would use the IR even during the day!

And more than once I wished the doctors had something like this...

Great pics.
smile.gif

David

That is cool. How is your depth perception with NV gear and the illuminator? I can do IV's pretty much by feel but I know my depth field is a little screwy with NV. How does that translate with the illuminator? Like anything I am sure working with it overcomes that kind of stuff.

In my opinion, the best way to overcome the depth perception issue is to use a refocus lens (available through TNVC). It flips down, keeps you in the right focus for the right range and can be engaged/ disengaged quickly. Of course, you can cheat by placing your pinhole cover on and fixing your focus. The downside to this method is that you are SEVERELY limiting the amount of light the tube has to use and amplify. If you are going to use this method, you really need to use the illuminator on your NVG to provide some additional light. In some situations, this is not an optimal approach. So the refocus lens is a better option.

Hello all,

Folks here on the Hide NV forum have just started seeing a few post from K7H, his name is Kyle and let it be known he is one of our TNVC trainers and has a wealth of knowledge from his years of heavy trigger pull days in SF and years also spent with ITT.

Kyle has an amazing set of skills in the NV arena and has trained thousands over the years. He's also a great guy and VERY approachable so feel free to pick his brain!

We here at TNVC are all about bringing the best knowledge we can to the community and our staff is made up of the finest NV folks with real world experience. Not many "posers" around here. ;-)

Glad to see Kyle hanging out around here nowadays.

Vic

Met Kyle at Shot. What a great guy with TONS of knowledge. He is the real deal and not a "poser".

Will be fun to see him share his knowledge of training with night vision. True expert.

Indeed, Kyle knows his stuff as he's been around and in the thick of it for quite the number of years.

I first met him 3-4 years ago when he was running the Military end of Aimpoint and was shocked at his NV knowledge. When we first started talking and comparing NV training curriculum's, I was very surprised how much our NV course work had in common!

Not many around who have this much in-depth knowledge and are approachable, all the while making one laugh their butt off with a personality to boot.
grin.gif

So many folks who take the TNVC Night Operators course come away with a real sense of accomplishment especially with guys like Kyle around.

We've had so many requests from LE HELO EVAC types it's been hard to keep up. We are VERY, very happy these are in the med kits saving some lives out there.

We have another new batch in stock of the BV's that have just arrived.

Kyle is also on the road at some MED centers doing what he does best...If some of your IM's go unanswered, please forward to me if you like and sorry for the delays.

Just to let the masses know...The September SWAT Magazine just did a superb write up on the BattleView. The author John Spears did an exhaustive and in-depth review of the system.

Also so folks know, John is a former SF Medic, currently a Orthopedic Surgeon and also a weapons and tactics instructor with EAG Tactical owned by Mr. Pat "Learning has Occurred" Rogers. :) (Pat will just love I listed him as mister!)

Hope you're able to pick up a copy, a great read.

Vic

Good questions.

1. AC vascularity is viewable however, they typically need to be illuminated from an oblique angle, as the AC area usually has high thickness and density. It is very dependent upon the patient. For instance, I recently briefed the Pediatric Emergency Team at Vanderbilt on use in children. For them, the Battleview can be used anywhere on the patient. We also discussed it's use in geriatrics and other difficult to infiltrate patients. Usually, these patients are overweight and the oblique method must be used.

2. You are correct about the construction material. Very porous and absorbable. However, the materials are necessary for weight reduction and flexibility to seal the illuminators and not allow IR light to escape. The device has removable/ disposable, non-permeable covers to protect it during military use and, to change between patients. I believe that it is out of testing and in production. I will check and see then, get it posted to the web.

Thanks for the questions.

Be safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well does the Battleview illuminate the AC vein(antecubital)? If its any kind of trauma I'm starting large bore IV's and most of the time the veins in the hand are to small. Have a photo of an AC illuminated using the Battleview?

This doesn't pertain to situations on a active battle field but at $500 it's a good question for the average LEO, Mil or consumer. Are all the materials used in the construction able to be sterilized? On a battle field this isn't a concern but you can bet that when able even those combat medics would want to sterilize or throw it away. I noticed that the cover looks to be some sort of nylon and it has a foam around the LEDs. Both of these materials are very poreous.

Thanks </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Before you attempt to ask any questions that may attempt to put this product in bad light (as many other times of our product on several other forums from you and the crew) as your assumptions that price is a question mark on on this amazing product that has saved many lives thus far on the Battlefield.. You post was for one reason and one reason only to put us in bad light which you and your company has done for years. That will not happen here with another yet again hijack.

Let it be known since your user name is not in Orange you do work for a NV competitor here on the Hide? Is that not true?

Kyle is an amazing wealth of knowledge and he's very good as what he does.

Just telling the masses behind the scenes on this on who and what you are. </span>

Vic Di Cosola

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well does the Battleview illuminate the AC vein(antecubital)? If its any kind of trauma I'm starting large bore IV's and most of the time the veins in the hand are to small. Have a photo of an AC illuminated using the Battleview?

This doesn't pertain to situations on a active battle field but at $500 it's a good question for the average LEO, Mil or consumer. Are all the materials used in the construction able to be sterilized? On a battle field this isn't a concern but you can bet that when able even those combat medics would want to sterilize or throw it away. I noticed that the cover looks to be some sort of nylon and it has a foam around the LEDs. Both of these materials are very poreous.

Thanks </div></div>

Before you attempt to ask any questions that may attempt to put this product in bad light (as many other times of our product on several other forums) as your assumptions that price is a question mark on on this amazing product that has saved many lives thus far on the Battlefield.. You post was for one reason and one reason only to put us in bad light which you and your company have done for years. That will not happen here.

Let it be known since your user name is not in Orange you do work for a NV competitor here on the Hide? Is that not true?

Just telling the masses behind the scenes on this.

Vic Di Cosola</div></div>

Those sound like perfectly valid questions to me. Why don't you just answer them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Altnews</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Those sound like perfectly valid questions to me. Why don't you just answer them? </div></div>

I did. See above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Altnews</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well does the Battleview illuminate the AC vein(antecubital)? If its any kind of trauma I'm starting large bore IV's and most of the time the veins in the hand are to small. Have a photo of an AC illuminated using the Battleview?

Thanks </div></div>

Before you attempt to ask any questions that may attempt to put this product in bad light (as many other times of our product on several other forums) as your assumptions that price is a question mark on on this amazing product that has saved many lives thus far on the Battlefield.. You post was for one reason and one reason only to put us in bad light which you and your company have done for years. That will not happen here.

Just telling the masses behind the scenes on this.

Vic Di Cosola</div></div>

Those sound like perfectly valid questions to me. Why don't you just answer them? </div></div>

As Kyle did answer, I will also answer since the question while innocent on the surface but MUCH history as I indicated you may not know about with "set up posts", threads and some pretty despicable personal emails from these same folks. We have a whole pile of legal documents accrued over the years is what we can tell you publicly.

To go a bit further about Battle View to dispel rumors and conjecture from a certain few who constantly try to cast bad light on this amazing product here along with a few other TNVC products...

TNVC has always differentiated itself from the competition by only selling products that we have used and believe in and we bring significant “real-world” LE & SF experience to our RDT&E.

The BattleView is no exception, this product was co-developed with a premier Tier One Command and successfully deployed in AFG in 2010. We were given permission to state this as some folks in the know do not want the certain few here with no serious or relevant background to cast bad light on a product that <span style="font-weight: bold">IS </span>saving lives out in the field.

We are proud & honored to be in a position to offer such an amazing lifesaving technology to all of our customers that has been completely validated by our premier warfighters. We at TNVC never settle for anything less than the best.

Hope this helps. :)

Just got the news from the Boys at the Infantry War Fighters Conference that the BattleView was a great success.

Folks who shoot Haji's in the face for a living during their field "NV sales meetings" (those pigs shoot back) kinda know a thing or two and we think so too.
grin.gif

Vic