• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Bead Blast Origin

Well, I'm glad I built my rifles when I did because I can't afford to build one now.

Did they raise the price and remove the nitride coating at the same time?

yeah not huge at all considering inflation and materials price increase, plus it appears nitride is still an offering at the 900$ price point, just NSS is offering bead blast at the same price

they were

then changed to stainless steel

then price increase cause everything is more expensive now
Price increased from $825 to $875 MSRP/MAP. I assume the $900 price tag is because it's exclusive to Northland and because Supply/Demand. Not a terrible upcharge if they can actually get them to you reasonably quickly.

Price increased from $825 to $875 MSRP/MAP. I assume the $900 price tag is because it's exclusive to Northland and because Supply/Demand. Not a terrible upcharge if they can actually get them to you reasonably quickly.
nope.

$900 is the new MSRP/MAP for short action, $1000 for medium and long

From Zermatt's site:

DEPOSIT ONLY – BALANCE DUE PRIOR TO SHIPMENT
SHORT ACTION $900 | MEDIUM and LONG ACTION $1000

Thanks for the correction. I love my Origin but at $900 I'd probably prefer an integral recoil lug.

Thanks for the correction. I love my Origin but at $900 I'd probably prefer an integral recoil lug.
What does an integral recoil lug provide that a pinned/keyed lug doesn't? Do you not find the option to change recoil lug thickness and run different barrels a benefit?

Mainly being able to swap barrels without removing the action from the stock/chassis.

Huh, that's interesting. Functionally I prefer having the nitride treatment, but that does look pretty sharp.

Why pay more for a non nitride action? Craziness......I like my origin quite a bit, the price point and fact it has nitride vs dlc of the tl3 was why I went that way.