• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Bighorn actions

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Got a line on 2 new Bighorn Tactical actions ready to go if anyone needs one quickly. Right hand/short action. These are the new model with the integral lug. Very nice.
grin.gif

Regards,
Paul

Re: New Bighorn actions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponyexpress</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any pics? </div></div>

Priceless
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponyexpress</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any pics? </div></div>

ponyexpress,

You can go to the Bighorn site and check out the pics. The new designation is TL-2. Try this:
www.Bighornarms.com

Here's the place that has them:

www.customprecisionfirearms.com

Regards,
Paul

I was lead to believe it wouldn't be until April before these were available, which is why I went with a Defiance.

Adam, I'm confused, which website are you talking about? I see you're in MI, but you have RWS Gunsmithing in your sig line...he's in IA. RWS is building me a rifle now. I am slated for one of his actions, but if he and you work together(?), can I switch to the Bighorn TL2 if it's not too late?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was lead to believe it wouldn't be until April before these were available, which is why I went with a Defiance. </div></div>

I talked to AJ on Friday and he said that the new actions are taking orders now, they will be ready for delivery in April.

My co-worker and I are both ordering one.

I have one of the new sporter actions for about three weeks.
Just waiting on Krieger and Mcmillan to ship off to Beanland

7E0EB4A4-6095-46C6-9DF3-448C1D60C435-730-00000035DA500203_zps1af8175c.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. Thanks for posting.
cool.gif

Paul </div></div>

If possible, I believe this action feels smoother than my other two Bighorn
grin.gif

If you will notice in the picture, the bolt handle is shorter. AJ said this was from some request from guys who were having problems using them with scabbards.

Once piece bolt handle and internal recoil lug, smooth as glass, what's not to love

Are these actions a true drop in Remington foot print with the lug on the bottom? I am guessing these have the longer barrel tennon and being that the lug is on the bottom it would be like the 700 short with the lug on the face. Am i thinking correct on this? I have ordered a couple stocks from Manners and would like to use 1 of these actions. If this is correct the only thing that would need changed would be the inlet for the bolt handle since it is a straight handle.

According to AJ, these are the same footprint as surgeon action. Jon Beanland also told me this too.

The only difference is the bolt release is above the stock line where as the Surgeon is below. So AJ told me to order stocks for Surgeon foot print with no cut out for bolt release.

Hope that answers your question

Thick-Tang-Rear-x.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note that the rear tang protrudes above the stockline in a McMillan stock with the Tactical Action </div></div>

From the Bighorn site

How much are these new actions running? My old version SA tac was around $1100 I think, including recoil lug and 20moa rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are these new actions running? My old version SA tac was around $1100 I think, including recoil lug and 20moa rail. </div></div>

I paid $1250 for the new action

As far as the tang, last year AJ built me two tactical models but I told him I was going to be hunting with them. So he made me two tactical models but he put the trim tang on them so they wouldn't protrude above the stock

A8740AED-5349-4F8E-814C-41C90B69CB79-2224-000001946E0C7151_zps835d102e.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buster hindend</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are these new actions running? My old version SA tac was around $1100 I think, including recoil lug and 20moa rail. </div></div>

As far as the tang, last year AJ built me two tactical models but I told him I was going to be hunting with them. So he made me two tactical models but he put the trim tang on them so they wouldn't protrude above the stock

</div></div>

Are you using the Surgeon bottom metal ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Easy_E</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buster hindend</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are these new actions running? My old version SA tac was around $1100 I think, including recoil lug and 20moa rail. </div></div>

</div></div>

Are you using the Surgeon bottom metal ? </div></div>

Yes this one is a surgeon

I also have a Bighorn that has Seekins dbm

CF949AC4-DF46-4A3C-9E9D-BBCE0232A64F-20822-00001413B7C6E017.jpg
p

Will the new action fit an AX Chassis?