• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Bling for my 1.3m 1903A1

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    I've had this rifle for two years and its given me much enjoyment (and due to my poor skills frustration). I've broken it down for its first extensive cleaning and a pure tung oil bath. Upon reassembly I decided to add some bling parts I have picked up recently. This rifle is Gungnir.

PJ Ohare front sight cover

NewBling001.jpg

PJ Ohare rear sight cover

NewBling002.jpg

Coarse checkered butt plate

NewBling003-1.jpg

I did have a USMC front sight cover on this rifle but I felt these parts are more appropriate to match with the WL3 polished bolt with reverse safety that the rifle came with

NewBling004.jpg

Its not a NM match but as close as I can get on my budget.

Re: New Bling for my 1.3m 1903A1

Its the top one of the three

GungnirNothungMjolnir-1.jpg

Springfield03004.jpg

In its USMC sight configuration

Springfield03005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This rifle is Gungnir. </div></div>

What`s `Gungnir`?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This rifle is Gungnir. </div></div>

What`s `Gungnir`? </div></div>

Pet name. I like it that much it has to have a name.

Gungnir - Odins Spear reported to never miss its target (of course I never threw Odins spear otherwise that legend would have been broken)

My 1.4 03A1 - Nothung - The sword Siegfried uses to slay the dragon Fafnir (unfortunately you cant hunt dragons with 30-06 in MA)

My Garand - Mjolinar - Thors Hammer (and it is a hammer)

I never played dungeons and dragons I just name my favorite rifles like I do.

Are some of these photobucket pictures showing up as blank for your readers? Did I screw something up on the post? They were there earlier.

What is minimum bore diameter for Dragons? Am I going to be okay with .416 Taylor or is it going to be a .500 Jeffery kind of day?

In MA? Dragons are protected and you cant own anything larger than .177 caliber.