• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bolt gun build, new builder.

Canned Heat

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2017
I am preparing for my 1st bolt gun build. I already have a vested reloading program for 6.5cm so that is what I am focusing on. I have been looking at several actions and am leaning toward Impact precision. My question here is, short action or long action. While I hand feed my rounds now cause the magazine does not accomodate the toal of my cartridges, it would be nice to have an action capable of utilizing the magazine. My thinking is the long action would be more accommodating. Or should I go aw cutout? Looking for advice from anyone wjo have been there done that. Thx

The Accurate magazine is an AICS pattern and my Bighorn Origin has zero issues with them. I’m also loading mine to 2.915”.

Reactions: Canned Heat
2.95 > 2.88 so you should just run AI style binderless mags. My 7SS is running 180 VLD in a binderless Accurate mag. They are loaded longer than your 147 cm loads...

Reactions: Canned Heat
Mdt makes a binder plate less mag as well which can tolerate 2.96 which is the mag I run my creed with, they are 2.890 long so I have ample space in the mag.

And a boring rem 700 can run that long if you notch it with a dremel.
A10570B6-3E7F-4940-BD1C-6A61B1CC96D3.jpeg