• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater New Book on Sharpshooters - It's a Killer !

Arch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
fake
www.chinesefortunecalendar.com
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sharpshooters (1750-1900), The Men, Their Guns, Their Story
By Gary Yee</span></span>

I have been patiently keeping this one under my hat since receiving a draft earlier this year, but I have been told it is at the publishers and that I can release the information. Gary Yee has worked for years trying to gather all the information about sharpshooters that could be found. I had lunch with him a couple of years ago when he was visiting the Library of Congress looking for additional primary sources and he gave me a brief idea of where he was going with his book. Trust me, it was worth the wait.

Where others have provided some information or a detail here and there about the work of sharpshooters prior to World War I, Gary Yee has written a bible. I could not be more serious. I initially read the entire book, and then started slowly going back through, looking at every end note while becoming more and more amazed at the depth and variety of his sources. My library includes a lot written by and about sharpshooters but nothing I have comes close. The French and Indian War, the American Revolution, War of 1812 &#8722; and that’s just in North America &#8722; are covered in great detail, and many of the details provided about the U.S. Civil War I had never seen before, despite having an extensive collection.

If you are fan of the long gun this is a must have. One could literally do a couple of pages a day, cross-referencing sources and making a list of other avenues worth looking into and be excited about this book for a year, and you will refer back to it for a lifetime.

It’s 7 x 10, app. 400k words, 856 pages, double column, case bound smythe sewn with cloth cover and dust jacket. Price is $50 including postage

Website for ordering will be made available.

This will be the SH Book Club effort starting January 1.

Re: New Book on Sharpshooters - It's a Killer !

Sounds interesting. I look forward to it.

sound like one for the ages...."case bound smythe sewn with cloth cover"....truly top shelf stuff in the making.

will there be signed copies on first edition ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To order the book, THIS is the website.

The excellent excerpts on his website should whet the appetite quite nicely. </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up this is highly relevant to my interests. I can hear the theme song to "The Last of the Mohicans" playing in my head just thinking about reading this.

In an email Mr. Yee said that in a few days time he'll have a website up that accepts gunpal or even paypal.

If your not willing to wait, send a check for $50.00 to:

Sharpshooter Press
P.O. Box 27433
San Francisco, CA

Thanks for the head's up
grin.gif

For those of you interested in learning more, he also has a great deal of disjointed excerpts that he has been posting for quite some time on another forum I have visited frequently for many years. This should provide you with more reading until your book arrives. Some of his posts motivated me to walk the ground near my home many times to determine the use of terrain. The sharpshooters in the U.S. Civil War were quite active in the areas where I currently hunt, fish, and put my canoe in.

Sharpshooter Tales