• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New build caliber choice

Re: New build caliber choice

I think it depends a lot on what caliber rifles you already have.... I think everyone should own 1 rifle in the classic 308 caliber, but if you already own a 308, definitely get a 260

I vote 308 if you dont already have one. 260 if you reload and have a 308.

after years of shooting the .308 and a few month behind a .260, if i were to do it all over again i would start with a .260 and stay there.
so my vote is for the .260

I voted 260, but I honestly think it's a tossup with 7mm08. With 260 you get Lapua brass, 7mm08 has slightly better downrange energy, wind drift, and barrel life (splitting hairs though).

I vote 7mm08 overall.However i recomend you reload,wich i'm sure you do.and stick with the lighter bullets,like 162 Amax or a Berger 168vld.

6.5 creedmoor is what my ar-10 and the badger action that *fingers crossed* should be delivered today is chambered in. As was said its still a good idea to have a basic .308

I voted .260 simply because that is next on MY build plans. Have the others already! I am fond of my 7-08 though. carried or I should say spent most of the day in the woods with mine today.

I voted 7-08, and hopefully soon so you can try it, decide you want to sell it to also try a 260- that way I might have a chance at buying it!

Since a 6.5 is on the list....I would like add a 280/284/7mm...and run the high BC Berger 175's. Your life would be simpler!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have every caliber listed, I am just curious what the most popular one is base on the members here </div></div>

Adam, you KNOW 260 is the sniper's hide cartridge of choice.

If you've already got one of each listed, why would you want our dumbfuck opinion?

As an aside, 7mm is king.

260 throated long for the 142smks taking advantage of an aw mag length...kreiger barrel 8 twist ( those are very fast barrels) chopping it down to 22" ...just my opinion..it worked for me in the past.Good luck on your build.

If you reload go .260 if not go 6.5 Creedmoor.

I made the switch from .308 to the .260 this year and wish I would have done it years ago.

My vote went for the .243. It is flat out fun to shoot.

I voted 7mm08. Great cartridge! However the .260 is hot with everyone right now.

After shooting the 260, and owning several 308's, and seeing what's winning all the comps now days....260!