• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW BUILD COMPLETE

TXBRASS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2009
Shiner, TEXAS
Got to put some rounds thru my new build yesterday. Got it sighted in at 100 and then proceeded to put 6 rounds in a 1/2 inch group.....VERY EXCITED about this rifle and how she shoots. Here are the specs:

SS Rem 700 action - .308 Win.- trued by Larry Polasek Rifles
All work done by Larry Polasek Rifles
22" HART Barrel - MAX HV Contour - 11 degree target crown 1:11 twist
PDC Customs Stock w/ custom rhino-lined cheek piece
APA Bolt knob and reinforced bolt handle by HOOPER
WEAVER Tactical mil/mil 3-10 pwr
Shilen trigger @ 3.75 lbs

308-2.jpg

308-1.jpg

Re: NEW BUILD COMPLETE

Hallettsville, TX....He's a 1-man show....does a lot of bench rest rifles....definately knows how to build a shooter....

Shooting Winchester Supreme 168 gr. Hollow Point Boattail Match (S308M) ...It's what my Dept. supplies....It shoots identical to FGMM out of my GAP built 700.....VERY happy with it for LE use...not sure how it would do at a grand....Will see at R.O. this fall when I return....

A group like that definitely gets you off to a good start, nice looking rifle.

I absolutely love the stock thus far! My GAP built 700 wears an AICS 1.5 and I like the feel of the PDC Customs better....outside temp was getting pretty hot the other morning and the bed-liner on the cheek piece really killed any heat that the aluminum might have acquired in the sun.....that was my only concern at first, but the bed-liner stays much cooler like plastic when compared to aluminum.....

Nice look Stick! How is the over all weight? Any ideal on the Stock weight only?

with the stock youre running how do you like the cheek weld?

Happy with it thus far...It does adjust vertically, but I have it dropped to its lowest point.....like it there.

Excellent. My build that will be shipping to me this week will be wearing a black PDC. Craig at PDC is an awesome guy to do business with. How long was your wait on the stock TXBRASS?

Wait was about 6 weeks on stock.....

Hooper,

Scope (thus far) is nice for what I'm using it for.....Ask me again in a few hundred rounds....
VERY nice work on the bolt modifications by the way! Been getting tons of compliments on the reinforcing screws and how nice the knob transitions to the handle....I RECOMMEND HOOPER ORDINANCE for all bolt and custom knob modifications!