• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build for the 6.5 Grendel Wildcat fans... 6mm Fat Rat

Just measured 3 fire formed cases for water capacity. All of these were exactly 37 grs and all where once fired Lupua.

Thanks - that is exactly what I wanted to know. Looks like it's 2 grains more than 6.5G but 1 grain short of the fireformed T40i.

Here you go...

Berger 6mm 105gr Hybrid - Lot 5496
Lapua 6.5 Grendel case necked down to 6mm - Lot PH6020
COL - 2.285"
Base to Ogive with Hornady Bullet Comparator Inset 3-24 - 1.692"

What you will notice in my COL is that its much shorter than mag length. I've measured several mags and most measure 2.30 - 2.31 OAL just below the feed lips. But there are inconsistencies in the pinch weld that really make that unreliable as you load the mag. When I loaded out to a max of 2.30 I ended up being able to only load about 5 rounds before one of the bullets would drag. So I bumped them back to a MAX of 2.294 which gives me enough clearance that none of the rounds hang. The 3 rounds I pulled out of the box to measure were 2.285, 2.286 and 2.288 in COL the base to ogive of those three I measured were all within 0.001" of each other with the one I quoted above being in the middle. If I went through long enough and checked more I would find the ones that are 2.294 due to the inconstancy in the meplat. So while you could load longer you'll end up with mag issue. If anyone has advice on how to uniform the front of the mags so I can load out to 2.230 let me know.

My next purchase before i load the next batch on formed brass will be a bullet pointing and trimming system. This will totally uniform the meplats and resolve some of the inconsistency issue and allow the seating to be about 0.005" = 0.010" longer in theory.

If you want them measured with a different insert or need any other information please let me know. Also please pass along all the specs on the reamer and were we can order one "off the shelf" if we all so desired please.

That is perfect man!! Thank you so much for the measurements. As soon as I have reamer specs I will post them for everyone along with a reamer number.

I am also very interested to hear your thoughts and experience with pointing and trimming these bullets as that is something I had planned on doing as well. My biggest complaint with HPBT bullets has always been the inconsistent metplat area and as a result I have tended to use A-Maxs 99% of the time but I cant discount the advantages of the Berger Hybrids so I guess I have to buy another piece of reloading equipment (cant you tell Im so sad about that? lol).

Last edited:
So speaking of trimming and pointing... I emailed Bryan Litz last night and awoke to his reply. Here's some info for those of use interested...

Me to Bryan:
I'm interested in using the pointing system for my 6mm Fat Rat AR15 (Similarto the 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved) that I use for long range field
competitions. My bullet of choice is already your 6mm 105gr Hybrid with a
muzzle velocity of 2810 fps out the 26" barrel. I've noticed several
thought processes here for pointing. Some trim and then point, point then trim
then point again and some will ONLY point. Due to the high number of rounds I
shoot as well as having unfavorable conditions and positions when shooting
I'm hoping that the pointing only will provide me with a good amount of
improvement without having to spend the extra time trimming. But what is
your opinion for the pointing only or variations of trim and pointing for the
use of rifles that are not used in bench rest type shooting.

If you suggest a trim and tip method, what trimmer would you suggest for the
6mm Hybrid.

Also for the setup I have what kind of real world improvements can I expect
from just tipping and what would I expect from your recommended approach if
you recommend something other than just tipping?

Bryan's reply:
In your application I don't think you would see any improvement fromtrimming and pointing. Plus trimming takes a lot more time than just
pointing which goes pretty fast.

How much benefit you see from these processes depends on the bullets you're
starting with. If you have bullets with big inconsistent tips, you'll see a
big improvement on target from pointing and trimming the tips. However if
the bullets already have small uniform tips, you won't see much difference.
Having said that, I shoot the same bullet you mentioned in my .243 for long
range competition. If I have time I'll point the bullets, but I don't
consider it super critical.

One last question from me:
This will change the BC of the bullet. When I true my ballistic calculator
after making hits at 1040 yards which is the distance I have at my home
training range, should I allow it to true the data with a velocity
adjustment or if I know the velocity is pretty close (based on chrono data)
should I manually true data with a BC adjustment for the most accurate data?

Seems the BC adjustment is needed but I wanted to make sure that's not gonna
mess anything else up by doing that.

Bryan's reply:
Bump up the G7 BC input by 3% for pointing,Then calibrate MV based on long range impact.
This will put you on at all ranges.

Based on this I'll be getting the Whidden Bullet Pointing System and I'm not going to bother trimming. There is another maker of a pointing system which I'm sure is excellent as well but I think I'll stick with the Whidden based on Bryan selling and backing the system on his website.

Finally got my rat put together. Loaded some 105 Hybrids with 31.0 of CFE hope to give them a try in the next couple days.

Finally got my rat put together. Loaded some 105 Hybrids with 31.0 of CFE hope to give them a try in the next couple days.

Sweet, I wanna know all about what you think of the CFE. I can't find dick in the way of powder around here. I'm headed to a dreaded gun show on Friday to see what I can find. If I come up dry there I'm gonna suck it and buy some VV 540 at $40 a pound to make sure I have something good for my next batch. Trying to find H4895 or more R15 if anyone has a line on them. I need at least 5 pounds of either. If CFE works good when I'll put that on the list.

Shot first few rounds through my 6mm Rat today

26" wilson barrel
unformed Hornady brass
OAL 2.28
Berger 105 Hybrids
31.0 CFE 223
CCI small rifle magnum primers
Chrono avg of 2750 accuracy looked decent

pic of first 8 shots down the pipe

Attachments

• 6mm.jpg
    6mm.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
Try lancer mags if you're looking to get away with a longer col. The blackout guys use them with great success due to the large jump that cartridge has as well.

Ok guys. I just received the latest revision for the Fat Rat from PT&G. The print is #37387 revised 8/29/2011. I have made zero changes to the print below but I think when I order the reamer Im gonna talk to Dave Kiff about reducing the length of the freebore a bit so I dont have quite the jump that the normal reamer has.

A lot of reading here, great thread. I skimmed through everything and didnt notice it, doesnt mean its not there though. How has this cartridge been feeding for you? Wasnt sure if the more improved shoulder than the 6mmAR caused any issues feeding in an AR?

Something new arrived today!!!

First off thanks for the reamer details and where to get it for those looking to make changes. And I don't believe the shoulder change makes any difference in feeding. I've seen no real issues that I can't relate to over loading the mags. 11 rounds in a "17-Round" mag seems to be the ticket.

But I got something new and exciting in the mail today...

Untitled by FriedChickenBlowout, on Flickr

While Bryan Litz is not the maker of this product, he does sell and support it. He's also been helpful when I've emailed him in the past so I choose to patronize his business when I can. So what arrive???

As you can see it's the Whidden Gunworks Bullet Pointing System. It arrives in a box that looks like a Foster die box. On the Whidden site as well as the Applied Ballistics website you can pick and choose the sleeve and the insert that you want. Whereas on the Brownell's site you're stuck with the 0-Insert and no sleeve for the same price as buying it from the other two sites mentioned above. Since I'm pointing the Berger 6mm 105gr Hybrids I followed the chart on Applied Ballistics to pick the #1 Insert and 6mm Sleeve. Order placed on Monday and arrived Wednesday... Quite quick!

There have been some statements on Snipers Hide that the die itself is plastic, mine appears to be all aluminum and it made with very close tolerance. The fine adjustment appears to be as smooth and crisp as my all steel competition seating dies so I expect no issues. I'll be installing this in a single stage press I have setup to be portable that I normally use for doing the .40S&W push through die. This setup allows me to clamp it to my coffee table and do a little work while I watch TV in the evenings.

So my goal here is to increase the BC of the 6mm Hybrid bullets. Bryan has informed me that when using this die with the 6mm Hybrids, I will need to increase by G7 BC in my ballistic calculator by 3% and then true based on MV. Based on this information, this will put me dead even with my buddy's 6.5 Creedmoor 26" bolt gun out to 1040 Yards where we have side by side date. But beyond this I'm hoping to see more uniformity in the COL due to eliminating some of the meplat inconsistency. When the bullet is pressed into the insert I'm hoping the longer meplats are pressed down a tad when they are pointed. IF this actually works the way I'm hoping, I should be able to increase my COL a tad as there won't be the random long meplats dragging on the front of the mags.

To test this out I'm going to set everything up tonight and then measure 10 random bullets for length. I can then get the max and min length as well as the average. Then I'll point those 10 and remeasure to see what happens to the average and see if we loose some of the inconsistency. Now clearly I can also improve this issue by trimming, but based on Bryan's input, for field shooting he didn't recommend the extra work that it would take for the trimming as part of the process.

I'll post up more info later today or tomorrow about what I found during the testing of the pointing system. I may have also tracked down 8# of H4895 today that I should be able to pick up Monday which will be used for load workups for the formed brass. If that works out I'll start working up the formed brass loads this month with the pointed bullets. All of which should prove to be very interested.

Well there goes my theory... But I guess you have to try. Figuring there would be a stop point that would touch the very tip I thought the very tip of the meplat would be more uniform after pointing alone. It does not look that the very tip of the bullet gets touched, just the sides of the meplat are funned in which actually elongates the bullet's length. Here's what I found out...

Pre-Pointing lengths of 10 x 105gr 6mm Hybrids
Average 1.2573
Longest 1.259
Shortest 1.256
ES - 0.003

Post-Pointing
Average 1.2612
Longest 1.263
Shortest 1.259
ES - 0.004

This may in effect increase my jump to the lads by about 0.004 if I keep the COL at the same length. Before I do a bunch of the bullets I'll look at adjusting the pointing die in and out some and see if there's a happy medium where it does not elongate the bullets when used.

Well there goes my theory... But I guess you have to try. Figuring there would be a stop point that would touch the very tip I thought the very tip of the meplat would be more uniform after pointing alone. It does not look that the very tip of the bullet gets touched, just the sides of the meplat are funned in which actually elongates the bullet's length. Here's what I found out...

Pre-Pointing lengths of 10 x 105gr 6mm Hybrids
Average 1.2573
Longest 1.259
Shortest 1.256
ES - 0.003

Post-Pointing
Average 1.2612
Longest 1.263
Shortest 1.259
ES - 0.004

This may in effect increase my jump to the lads by about 0.004 if I keep the COL at the same length. Before I do a bunch of the bullets I'll look at adjusting the pointing die in and out some and see if there's a happy medium where it does not elongate the bullets when used.

Now you need to get yourself a Giraud with the meplat uniforming setup. I believe pointing increases BC but does nothing for consistency, then pointing and trimming slightly reduces BC but increases consistency.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Start your engines... I've located the holy grail of the 6mm Fat Rat... Hodgdon 4895... Per Lee Wells, this is the ticket for peak velocity as well as accuracy with very good temperature stability. 8 pounds is in my hands and as proof I submit a photos for your enjoyment...

Excuse the poor photo, I was so excited I had to shoot one off to a buddy as soon as I got into my truck at the reloading supply shop.Untitled by FriedChickenBlowout, on Flickr

Load development on the FORMED brass will start this week. I hope to have a load developed for the formed brass and the pointed 105gr 6mm Berger Hybrids by the end of the month before it gets stupid cold. I have a ton of fire forming loads made up, I think 700-800 rounds total that will be shot in matches from here on out. But during that time I'll be loading up the formed brass loads and stocking them away as a second batch that I'll start using after the others are all gone. I'll shoot some of the new loads at long range to confirm their results but I won't start using them in matches until all the others are gone.

This is certainly a very interesting thread. I have a few questions, perhaps those of you with some experince with the "Fat Rat" (great name by the way), can help.

I am a three gun shooter, but also like the idea of shoting in precision matches. I have done a few, althugh not very successfully. I have a DPMS .308 with an 18" barel, quite accurate, but not exaclty ideal for the long stuff. Also, I have a Savage, with a 20" bbarrel and it is quite accurate as well, both guns are sub MOA with ammo they like, the Savage likes many loads the DPMS not so many. However, neither is what I want, and I don't think either is what I need. I had considered building another upper for DPMS in .260, .243 or 6.5 Creedmore. Then I saw this thread and thought; Why not the Fat Rat for Precison Mathces? I live in Pa. so long shots here are 1,000 and maybe a few Yds, many ranges are only 500-600 yds, not many opportuities to shoot further. So is the Fat Rat up to the task? It sounds like it would be an excellent choice, especially in any match that required movement over any distance? I have built many ARs, and am really intrigued by this cartridge, but just can't slip the feeling that this is too good to be true. What does everyone think?

Too good to be true is subjective. The results are what they are... A solid 1000 yard contender from what I've found. Now that I'm done with all the load development, I'll start shooting in matches. The 4th Saturday of each month is my local one that goes out to 550 yards. I'll post results to that. Clearly the issues will be with the shooter skill level. The results I've obtained so far have come at a price. It's not cheap to do what I've done. The Lapua brass is $1 each. The Berger Hybrids are $0.32 each plus the other usual components. You can buy factory 6.5 Creedmoor ammo which will shoot just as well as what I'm shooting for significantly less money. If you have a DPMS to use then rebarrel it in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Kreiger barrel done by someone that knows what they are doing and you should have just as good of result as I do and you can back down the barrel length a little. That will save you a bunch of money.

If you're an AR15 fan like me and wanted to try to do something with a platform that you're familiar with then this may be your ticket. I think it's really a great setup at this point and my results have been very consistent unlike some of my experience with my .223 builds. The recoil and noise level are very low so if you have any issues with recoil this is great. The amount of powder used is very low so that's a plus over time but not a selling point since the entry costs of brass is expensive.

It's all gonna come down to personal preference of what platform you want to be in. I'll continue up dating the post as time goes on and you can follow along as you work on making your decision.

A few weeks ago when I posted a picture of the first completed fire formed load I did, someone posted a comment about the shoulders being rounded vs sharp. I didn't think about it at the time but when setting up the die to bump the shoulder back 0.003" I had a hard time. I was using that case and even with over-caming the press I was not getting any shoulder bump. Then it dawned on me the other day, it didn't bump back because it was not all the way formed. Duh... So now that I'm working up my fire formed loads with the new H4895 that I got I started taking measurements on all the cases with the Hornday gauge. Well the ones with the rounded shoulders are about 0.003" shorter than the ones with the sharp corners on the shoulder. So I went through my 300 or so rounds of brass that's been formed and found the longest ones to setup the die. Well following the directions of setting the Hornady die up to just touch the shell holder (without over-caming) magically gets me 0.003" of shoulder bump on the fully formed cases.

For those of you that have been fire forming this may be totally obvious, but I missed the boat initially. The cases for my test ladders are all sized and ready for loading. I should be out at the range on Wednesday to test them out and get chrono results which will get posted that night.

New to the forums. I was in the process of building a 6.5 Grendel for my 15yo son for coyote/deer (its what he picked). Ive been on backorder for a Shilen barrel for 3 months through Midway and the dates keep getting pushed back. I started getting frustrated and went on the hunt for an alternative caliber and found this thread yesterday. Well, I called Lee yesterday and bought his last Fat Rat barrel/bolt package. Also picked up the dies obviously. I have a 20" barrel with flutes coming in 3 weeks or so according to Lee.
Question I asked Lee and he wasn't sure was, is anyone using 7.62x39 brass to form into 6mm Fat Rat? I have a few I picked up that was going to be formed into 6.5 Grendel. I also have Hornady once fired Grendel brass.
Thanks.

Question I asked Lee and he wasn't sure was, is anyone using 7.62x39 brass to form into 6mm Fat Rat? I have a few I picked up that was going to be formed into 6.5 Grendel. I also have Hornady once fired Grendel brass.
Thanks.

I would say the 7.62x39 brass would be more work than it's worth and would no have the consistency in case volume to get the accuracy potential out of the rifle. Hornady brass is easy enough to come by to stick with that.

Today I loaded up my ladder test loads for tomorrow. I'm going by myself and shooting 3 ladders with different guns at 300 yards so I'm gonna try to setup my iPhone to video the target and just shoot the ladder as a string of shoots through the chrono without going down to mark the target. Then just replay the video and mark the target. I'm be using USPSA cardboard targets to make the hits easier to see.

The load is now being made up with pointed 105gr 6mm Berger Hybrids on the formed Lapua brass with H4895 as the new powder and new Federal AR Small Rifle Match Primers. These little primers actually have "AR" stamped on the cup for some reason. The ladder will go from 27.6grs to 29.2grs in 0.02gr steps. This is a significantly faster powder than R15 but is said to be more temp stable and is highly recommended by Lee Wells. There appears to be powder compression at 28.4grs which is the load. The maker of the similar 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved has 28.5grs of H4895 and 105gr Berger VDLs making 2808 FPS so that's right in the ball park of where I'm looking to end up.

Here's a shot of the new primers if anyone missed their introduction this year. Federal felt the AR's needed something with a harder cup than was provided in their standard Small Rifle Match primer so they put these out. This is my first time using them.

Today I was also helping a buddy make up some test loads for his 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun so I shot a photos of the two rounds next to each other for comparison.

photo 2 by FriedChickenBlowout, on Flickr

If I zoom in real tight to that photo above you can just see the profile change at the tip of the bullet from pointing. It's not a big difference but it shrinks the opening in the hollow point to about half what it was from the box.

photo 2 - Version 2 by FriedChickenBlowout, on Flickr

When I get back tomorrow I'll post up some photos of the targets and see if I can post the video so you all can see how it worked.

Had some good weather at the range today. Started out cold and got nice real quick. I have to say a big thank you to the Commerce City, Colorado Police SWAT marksmen that were at the range today. They arrived at the 1000 yard range before me and were true professionals and able to work around what I was doing to share the range. It was the best range we have at CRC for me to use for this 300 yard shooting so I really appreciate their flexibility.

The deal today was to shoot a ladder of Hodgdon 4895 for use in the formed brass. Hodgdon 4895 has a similar burn rate to IMR 4895 but is one of Hodgdon's Extreme Powders. According to Hodgdon the difference in FPS from 0 Degrees to 125 Degrees for H4895 is only 20 fps compared to the IMR version having a spread of 166 fps in the same temp spread. To me that's huge considering what the use is for this round in field shooting. It needs to shoot the same no matter what the temperature is and it will truly see swings in temperature here in Colorado. I can easily see a day of shooting at 0 degrees and another day where we might have 100 degrees for an ambient temp, but the ammo may have been left exposed to the sun and is now 125 degrees. So it was important to me to get into one of the Extreme Powders from Hodgdon. This is the equivalent of the H4350 that the 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Rem guys are using but it's faster for the smaller case size and lighter bullets.

Today's shooting of the 6mm Fat Rat was a ladder or 9 rounds. All rounds used the Berger 6mm 105gr Hybird at 2.295" COL with the bullets being pointed prior to loading on the Whidden Pointing Die. The primers were all the Federal AR Match and the brass had been fired once. Hogdon H4895 loadings ranged from 27.6gr to 29.2gr in 0.02gr steps. All shots fired from a bench at 303 yards. The chrono data on those rounds are as follows:

27.6 = 2704
27.8 = 2723
28.0 = 2758
28.2 = 2763
28.4 = 2777
28.6 = 2787
28.8 = 2800

29.0 = 2825
29.2 = 2854

The three bold numbers indicate an accuracy node that resulted in a 0.40" vertical separation of that 3 round group. This I found interesting because the Reloader 15 load that I worked up for my fire forming load also ended up with a average FPS of 2781 when I tested 5 rounds today. Looks like my new load will only end up a couple FPS faster than my current fire forming load.

The use of a camera at the shooting target worked excellent today. Especially considering I had others on the range and driving down after each shot would not have worked at all. As you can see in the video below, I there is not horizontal separation of the loads. I believe this is somewhat related to the light but variable wind we had, but more so an issue I've been having with bench shooting. I'm not sure what I'm doing but I've been having a hard time getting comfortable and it has be stringing shots horizontally. After shooting the ladder I went over to the steel range and setup a 12" plate and did some shooting in prone without any real issues so I'm thinking it's just bench related.

Last edited:
Nice shooting man. I like the way you just put the camera downrange on a tripod and fired your string, then watched the video to see which shot hit where. So simple I should have thought of it. Ive always had to shoot a shot, go mark it, shoot another, etc and it takes forever and is not feasible at a public range. Ill use this next time I do my workup. Also, I feel ya on shooting from a bench. I suck at it too. Um much more comfortable prone. Good shooting man.

Let me second the use of the camara being clever. I have tried using majic market on bullets to color code them, but that was not very successful, some marked but others didn't.

6mm Fat Rat
26" wilson barrel
formed Hornady brass
OAL 2.29
Berger 105 Hybrids

30.0 AA2520
Avg 2900 fps
I read were people have issues with velocity fluctuations with temperature change with this powder but in my 6.5 Grendel it has always been a very consistent performer

29.0 H4895
Avg 2790 fps

32.0 CFE 223
Avg 2855 fps

I haven't used CFE before but its what I have the most of right now so I am trying to make it work.

I thought I would add my update to this thread since this seems to be one of the most in depth threads on Fat Rat out there besides calling Lee himself. In reference to using 7.62x39 brass. Its too much work! I ran 7.62x39 brass through my Rat die and it crumples the case at the shoulder. I then tried running it through a Forster 6.5 Grendel resizing die first and then through the Rat sizing die and the end product looked "sketchy" as my son says. I think it would have to be fire formed in a 6.5 Grendel chamber before resizing in a Rat die.

My sons 20" coyote slaying Fat Rat is almost ready for testing. His BCG arrives this Friday and we will be test firing the rifle Saturday. Its built from an 80% lower. Here is a pic.

Nice rifle! Maybe next year they will make factory brass if enough people try the Fat Rat. I enjoy all the info in this thread as I am addicted to the AR15 myself. Should be an awesome varmint rifle in my opinion!

The deal today was to shoot a ladder of Hodgdon 4895 for use in the formed brass.

Today's shooting of the 6mm Fat Rat was a ladder or 9 rounds. All rounds used the Berger 6mm 105gr Hybird at 2.295" COL with the bullets being pointed prior to loading on the Whidden Pointing Die. The primers were all the Federal AR Match and the brass had been fired once. Hogdon H4895 loadings ranged from 27.6gr to 29.2gr in 0.02gr steps. All shots fired from a bench at 303 yards. The chrono data on those rounds are as follows:

27.6 = 2704
27.8 = 2723
28.0 = 2758
28.2 = 2763
28.4 = 2777
28.6 = 2787
28.8 = 2800

29.0 = 2825
29.2 = 2854

The three bold numbers indicate an accuracy node that resulted in a 0.40" vertical separation of that 3 round group. This I found interesting because the Reloader 15 load that I worked up for my fire forming load also ended up with a average FPS of 2781 when I tested 5 rounds today. Looks like my new load will only end up a couple FPS faster than my current fire forming load.

I've really enjoyed your thread. I hope to get my fat rat this week. I have H4895 and CFE223. I really hope the CFE works good, but the 4895 should be a no brainer if CFE doesn't pan out.

I've really enjoyed your thread. I hope to get my fat rat this week. I have H4895 and CFE223. I really hope the CFE works good, but the 4895 should be a no brainer if CFE doesn't pan out.

I'm taking some time off for now to work on some personal fitness goals. Just got done rebuilding my home gym and have been training a bunch and working through some medical issues so my focus is on my health for now. I'll get back to the development on the 6mm Fat Rat when the weather improves. Thanks for the post!

Hows the best way to get ahold of em? Id like to get a barrel ordered so I can put together a upper while I'm on leave.

Scott

I'm sold, just what I need is another build to put together, at least it's just an upper!
I want to shoot 87 & 95gr Bergers what kind of velocity do you think they would be in 22-24"? All I can find is data on 105+.
Im going to use it as a primary predator rifle and run it suppressed.

I'm sold, just what I need is another build to put together, at least it's just an upper!
I want to shoot 87 & 95gr Bergers what kind of velocity do you think they would be in 22-24"? All I can find is data on 105+.
Im going to use it as a primary predator rifle and run it suppressed.

Probably 2800-2850 fps.

6mm Fat Rat upper will likely be for sale... Medical expenses are an issue.

Hello all that have been following this thread!

It pains me to do this but I will be getting the Fat Rat stuff together to sell due to a change in my medical costs. I have some chronic medical issues that cause me to hit my max out of pocket expenses every year. Unfortunately, this year my max out of pocket going from $2500 to $6000 and I will end up paying that money by the end of April. Also unfortunate, the maximum I can put into my healthcare savings account exceeds that amount so some of this has to come from my checking account after tax. So guess what... The awesome 6mm Fat Rat upper and all that goes along with it will be up for sale to pay for this. This is not a political statement, so please don't respond with any political responses per Sniper's Hide policy. I just wanted to let you all know why it's up for sale since it's been so awesome! In my mind it's been 100% successful, even more so than I had anticipated. I hope it goes to a great home and I expect someone is going to get an awesome deal on this as I have so much to go with this package.

It's gonna take me a couple days to get everything together with new photos. If any of you are anxious to get your hands on a complete package like this please email me directly at [email protected] to get an early heads up on everything that will be for sale. Just to give you an idea of what I have for sale it's going to be something like...

- Complete 6mm Fat Rat upper as pictured in the thread
- Hornady 6mm Fat Rat dies
- 1100 rounds of Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass - Some fire formed, some unfired but sized
- 800 or so Berger 6mm 105gr Hybrids
- Power (Reloader 15)/Primers (CCI #41) for the 800 bullets
- Complete Seekins Precision Lower as spec'ed out in the thread

Not up for sale will be the bipod and the scope. The scope has already been sold.

Once I get photos of everything, I'll do an official post in the for sale section unless someone is hot to trot about buying it then we can work something out before I post it. Everything has been painstakingly cared for and is in like new condition. I've shot one match with it and it was a range based match. This setup has never been out to a field match of any kind and has always been transported in a hard case.

Thanks

Fried Chicken Blowout;
So sorry to hear about your medical condition and hope that you are successful in managing it in the long run. I wanted to say that your thread on the Fat Rat is one of the best I have read on any subject, extremely well thought out and presented.
Best wishes in the future.
Steve