• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Build Sanity Check/Glass Advice

Ivy_Mike

IMR 4895 Aficionado
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
AZ
Greetings,
I have begun the process of buying parts (let's be honest I bought everything already minus a scope) for my first custom PRS rifle and now I'm waiting for everything to come in. I'd like to get some review of everything to make sure I haven't overlooked something or made choices that are incompatible or at the very least not a very good idea. Here's what I went with:

Bighorn Origin SA
Preferred Barrel Blanks stainless steel 24" in 6.5 Creed. 1-8 twist and M-24 contour
McMillan A6 with pillars and inlet for the Badger DBM and 1.200 barrel channel
Badger enhanced DBM
APA Little Bastard
Trigger Tech Rem 700 Clone RH Two Stage Blk/Grey
Badger 35mm standard rings (1.00")
Atlas Bipod

The scope I'm eyeing is the Leupold Mark 5 5-25. Second pick would be a Razor HD.

Did I miss anything? Should I panic call and change specifics for anything?

Sounds good to go. Idk the price on the pbb but have you looked at straight jacket armory? I have a 6.5cm barrel from them on my origin and I can't complain

I paid $575 including muzzle threads and cerakote. I went with them because of the fully chambered option. Does straight jacket armory require a barrel nut?

ETA: Thanks for the reply!

I paid $575 including muzzle threads and cerakote. I went with them because of the fully chambered option. Does straight jacket armory require a barrel nut?

ETA: Thanks for the reply!
No they dont. Shouldered prefit

I'd suggest looking at the Bushnell DMR2 Pro and/or XRS2. I've been running both for quite a while now, and they're damn good optics, especially for the money.

Reactions: kabarNC