• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Butler Creek Element Scope Caps

whiskey_papa

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2017
Just came across these new scope caps. What do the members of the hide think?
"The Butler Creek Element Scope Caps has taken lens protection to the next level. This modular-interchangeable scope cap can be used in any weather element the hunter is facing. These scope caps are highly rugged and feature a rubber-stretchable sleeve to fit multiple diameters of scopes. The best attribute is the fully customizable, printable, data disk that provides wind and elevation information in either the eye or objective cap."
Eyepiece
Objective

Reactions: Moose
Kind of neat, and more thought out.

Wish BC had a cap finder "tool" where you can select your scope model, and it spits out the correct cap size/model.

Just came across these new scope caps. What do the members of the hide think?
"The Butler Creek Element Scope Caps has taken lens protection to the next level. This modular-interchangeable scope cap can be used in any weather element the hunter is facing. These scope caps are highly rugged and feature a rubber-stretchable sleeve to fit multiple diameters of scopes. The best attribute is the fully customizable, printable, data disk that provides wind and elevation information in either the eye or objective cap."
Eyepiece
Objective
They remind me of the Vortex defender caps.

Reactions: LRRPF52
Except $10 more each and if you break them they will not be replaced free of charge. LOL

The last two Butler Creek caps I broke were replaced free of charge....although it did take over a month to get the replacements.

Did butler creek ask you to mail the broken caps back.

The last two Butler Creek caps I broke were replaced free of charge....although it did take over a month to get the replacements.

That would be nice if they did that now. All we can go by though is they warranty listed on their page. That said those new ones do look much nicer than the old models. The new ones look like they can take a little more abuse.

I used to have Butler Creek but after they started breaking from just being opened I will not buy anymore. I have the Defender caps on my Razor and Aadland on my Kahles