• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New CAN question

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
If I get a suppressor, can i swich it between a M4 and say a ASAA M110 AR10? Maybe even my TRG 42? If I get one I want to be able to use it with Mulit guns. Is that ok?

Re: New CAN question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are vaious issues, but yer, if you get a good 7.62 can, it can be used on a 5.56 rifle as well. </div></div>

Not if the BATFE has anything to say about it
grin.gif

But yes,technically you can get different mounts for different platforms and have one can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or just thread each weapon with the same threads........ </div></div>

What I did, plus there's a member who makes thread adaptors so .308 cans mount to .22/.223 threads. (5/8-24 vs 1/2-28). I've got two and highly recommend them.
Go here: Adaptors and send him an IM.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or just thread each weapon with the same threads........ </div></div>

AR's generally come in 1/2 x 28 and 308 cans(and most 308 BA,not sure what the TPI is for an AR-10) are generally threaded 5/8 x 24,so that poses a dilemna.You can get an adapter but IMHO I would just get two FH.I personally dont like the adapters.But to each his own.
smile.gif

It depends on the thickness of the barrel, but you can have barrels cut, rethreaded, etc.

I don't like threading adapters. Just adding threading error (loseness) upon error.

DustyJacket said:
It depends on the thickness of the barrel, but you can have barrels cut, rethreaded, etc.

<span style="color: #FF0000">True,it can be done </span>

I don't like threading adapters. Just adding threading error (loseness) upon error.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Very true,this is the exact reason I dont like them.So if you can,get both barrels threaded for 5/8 x 24 </span>

Threading error shouldn't matter when you're shooting a .223 bullet through a .30 cal can.

If you buy a Shark, David can supply adapters to any thread, I think there about 100 bucks, and there titanium.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Threading error shouldn't matter when you're shooting a .223 bullet through a .30 cal can. </div></div>

depends on how bad it is.Do you still want to shoot .223 through a 308 can if you knew their were issues with the thread adapters?Accuracy would be the least of my worries if I had a misaligned 308 can with a .223 bullet goin through it,Im just sayin.......