• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New can sitting at the shop, paper file or wait for the e file?

ColbyLang

Sergeant, Smart Ass, and general know it all
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2012
Louisiana
So, looking at the form 4 wait times thread, I see paper form taking 12-15 months. The e file guys average 6 months. Should I wait a couple of more weeks and see if the ATF magically fixes the system or just go ahead and paper file and let the wait begin?

Paper forms are coming back around 9 months right now, and there's no ETA for eFile forms 3 and 4 to come back online.

Paper file it.

Also, if you paper file yo can also efile later and get a refund of the $200

the longer you wait to save time, the more time you waste.

i paper filed a few weeks ago, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Get in line now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last transfer sat at the dealer for 1 month waiting for e-file to come online. I filed paperwork last week on it.

Get it started and if it comes online in the next month, you can e-file then.

Well, I decided to stop waiting for the electronic process to come back on line and went paper a couple weeks ago. Of course, that means the system will be up and running next week................LOL!

Had paper one back in 8 months couple days ago.

What I have heard is when it comes back on the wait time will be the same for both. The first run was to work out kinks and the plan is wait times will be same.

Now like I said this is just the rumblings I have heard although it makes sense.

Last edited:
I had one sitting at the shop for weeks waiting for efile to come back. Finally had them send it in paper. Check cashed yesterday. Not alot of hope in eforms coming back anytime soon let alone with a quick processing turn around. With no updates and just a bunch of rumors I'd paper file. At least it works and is in.