• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Canadian Armed Forces Sniper Rifle - Sako M10

AI then left for England, making the the poor M10 a BASTARD!

You mean the CAF didn't have a procurement orgy and go with a $49,000 rifle with proprietary parts and proprietary electronics using a bespoke battery that it takes an armorer twenty months of school to understand? They chose an off the rack rifle that will shoot sub MOA?

Reminds me of NASA's $20,000 pen that will write in space. The Russians used a pencil.

Steiner M7Xi scopes i believe, 2,8-20 or 4-28.
Sako is also making new sniper rifles to Finnish military.
308win semiauto AR-10 style rifles.
This rifle has Steiner M7Xi scope system on a Spuhr mounts, not sure will the Spuhr be on the military versions, that will be delivered to army troops.
87f41686-3e09-4137-3cb2-5d9df0dd5d87

That M10 is a sweet rifle, i had one on test use few years back.

Reminds me of NASA's $20,000 pen that will write in space. The Russians used a pencil.
Stop getting your historical "facts" from a meme.

Yeah, who would want to use a pen in zero G when they could just sharpen a pencil and have a chance of those graphite shavings get into electrical circuits.

But saving a few bucks is worth jeopardizing every mission - and let's not forget astronaut health. When you sharpen a pencil, all those shavings don't just drop to the floor, they float around until picked up by filtration or astronaut lungs.

But weight (pun intended), there's more! When I say "saving a few bucks" I really mean "saving a few bucks." The pressurized "space pen" was not developed by NASA and it did not cost "$20M." It was already in development by the Fisher Pen Company out of Boulder City, NV. It didn't cost NASA anything material beyond the difference between the cost of a 10 cent pencil and a few dollar pen.

And, oh yeah, the Soviets/Russians have been using pens in space missions since the late 60s - even they understood the basics of zero g and the impacts debris can have.

The whole Russia pencil, NASA pen thing is an urban myth. It amazes me how so many people decry fake news then, well, spread fake news.

They’re good rifles, just obscenely priced for what they are.
All of the long action convertible rifles built for the last ~decade of sniper rifle tenders are like that though.

Reactions: ZG47A

You mean the CAF didn't have a procurement orgy and go with a $49,000 rifle with proprietary parts and proprietary electronics using a bespoke battery that it takes an armorer twenty months of school to understand? They chose an off the rack rifle that will shoot sub MOA?

Who reached their stated goal and landed on the moon? Who did not?

I have a couple Fisher pens and Rite in the Rain notebooks that I claim to use for doping, but those pens have always disappointed me and I’m not even in space.

Edit…Didn’t see @Rocketmandb post above…

You should read about the “pen” story, it’s pretty cool.

The punchline is always the Russians used a pencil etc..

Russian space agency was researching miscellaneous switch and contact failures causing mission failures.

They found out that the graphite particles from the pencil were floating around and entering the electronics.

May seem obvious but in space the particles just don’t drop on the “floor”.

They stopped using pencils after that.

That doesn’t mean that a pen should cost 20k or that nasa knew the pencil would cause problems but….

Last edited:
ive been clicking around looking for the other rifles in the competition?

im guessing AI and possibly barrett

I have a couple Fisher pens and Rite in the Rain notebooks that I claim to use for doping, but those pens have always disappointed me and I’m not even in space.

Having worked for the government for 10 years in a past life, have you ever used those government issue black clicker pens? Fisher beats those hands down.

Almost more posts here about pens than guns.

Well...

This is the perfect time to segue into... pen guns!

Anyone ever fire one? A friend had a .22 pen gun, and let me tell you, it was not a pleasant instrument to fire. I fired it once... never again. Not the safest thing on the range, either.

It's just another flavor to sample. The AXSR has it beat though. Support for the M10 line isn't as good.... though with the discounts Beretta runs, spares are fairly cheap... mags, bolts, barrels. Memorial day sale was 55% off this time around.

How do you like the m10

Worth it or just a “different” AXMC