• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New custom bolt gun

jdmcconnell1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2012
Hello all. I'm a new poster here but have been reading for a long time. I wanted to show off my new rifle and get a little input on a few things. My rifle is a stiller tac-30aw, Krieger 1 in 10 twist barrel cut to 20 in,
dyzame3u.jpg
e8e9apu2.jpg
mcmillan a-5 stock, jewell trigger, and vortex pst scope. It was built by Robert Denton from Ponca city, ok. I was thinking about going with the Harris bipod because I'm new and my stock only has a sling stud for mounting and I wasn't sure if an atlas bipod could mount to a sling swivel. I should have some ammo in tomorrow to see how it shoots. Any input on things I am missing would be greatly appreciated.
y5ubames.jpg

I hope I added the photos right it's my first time posting with photos

Yeah forgot that part. I had it chambered with a .308 Bisley reamer from PTG

You have a TAC30AW, where's the AW mag?! :confused: Very sweet pew stick!! I've always been partial to OD green marble McMillans.

The bottom metal I ordered only came with a AICS mag. I plan on ordering a couple a/w mags when I get a chance.

IFyou want to run an atlas you will have to add the Atlas or Badger rail. The Harris will serve you well. Pick up a leg notch swivel series and a KMW pod lok and you'll be G2G

Thanks. Hopefully will get to shoot it tonight. Where is the best place to get a Harris bipod. I saw the post about there being some knock off pod loks a couple days ago and don't want to buy from the wrong place

Anything labeled as harris on amazon is legit. I've gotten all three of my Harris bi pods off amazon. Just find the one you like, notched legs seem to work best.

Very nice! Can check Midway or Natchezz for a bipod. Fuck Amazon. Theyre about as bad as the NSA and Google.

Are you in Oklahoma? Where do you shoot?

Curiosity has me wondering. If you are pretty new this whole long range thing, I'd be more than happy to help you out or point you in the right direction(s). By the way, I'm a little east of Ponca. Always looking for fun places to shoot/fun people to shoot with.

I don't really have anywhere to shoot. I usually just go over to my dads place but it's only about 200 yards. Yeah it would be great to learn from someone. I live about 10 miles east of Ponca as well. Let me know the next time you shoot I'll try to make it

I try to shoot every weekend. By a little east of Ponca, I actually meant 2 hours ish but I sure if we both drove an hour we could find a place. It is Oklahoma after all. Feel free to pm me and we could work out details.

By the way absolutely nothing wrong with a Harris. I actually prefer it to an atlas. I'm running a Surgeon Scapel at the moment. Fun stuff, just haven't had much time behind the trigger lately as school has been kicking my ass.