• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New CZ 457 Stuck trigger

Firemandivi

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2010
NY...at least it ain't California
I just bought the cz 457. My problem is I cannot get the bolt in. I also am unable to depress the trigger. I am noticing no extra movenent in the trigger with the safty off. I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Did you mess with the trigger spring or tighten any of the adjustment screws? Maybe you drove the sear adjustment screw in too far...?!?

Yes the bolt wasn't rotated. This is my first firearm and after i rotated the bt i got it in and it now fires. Only thing is i cannot put the safty on when the bolt is closed. Is that nornal? I can turn the safty on when the bolt is back and it stays on but when the bolt is closed i cannot turn the safty on.

If you're holding the trigger when you close the bolt to keep pressure off the striker spring for storage you won't be able to engage the safety on most guns. If you raise the bolt handle the rifle will cock and you will be able to engage the safety.

Yea...um...my engineer brain sometimes goes into overtime. I took the trigger assembly apart and put it back together. Sometimes i just can't help myself. After working the bolt a bunch of times everything seems to be working now. I think. Thanks for the input.