• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW CZ models

Re: NEW CZ models (CZ455 Varmint Precision Trainer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol @ dude saying CZ is most accurate rimfire, ever...

my savage fv with a chopped off barrel (17"...thank you piss poor gunsmith) dropped into a non-bedded tacticool (that's cracked)...will still group as well/better than my buddies 452, 453 AND 455.... he's since sold the 455 and 453 and has a threaded TR now </div></div>

lol at your ambitious bashing of an entire manufacturer based on a whopping 3 individual exmaples, all owned by the same person. What if he didn't maintain them? What if he tinkered and boogered something up? What if he's a poor shot and you're not as accurate with his systems as you are with your own due to fit, familiarity, idiosyncrasies and nuances?

CZ has earned worldwide acclaim by shooters of all types for a reason. Do they make the most accurate rimfire EVER? I don't know, probably not, but they sure as heck got something right. </div></div>

my best friend
only shot the guns at MY range...with ME present...
we're both good shots, other guys at my range are better.

the cz's shoot...they shoot well. the savage's seem to do AS good if not BETTER, in most cases. Neither of which is ANYWHERE close to being the best rimfire...which is why i laughed.

and i never said they were crap, like you seem to assume....i think they're fine budget guns, but they cost MORE than a more accurate savage.

and where did i bash the whole brand? i didn't. you just like assuming....which is obvious

I can only wish this new 455 model with Manners stock come with a <span style="font-weight: bold">threaded</span> barrel...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol @ dude saying CZ is most accurate rimfire, ever...

my savage fv with a chopped off barrel (17"...thank you piss poor gunsmith) dropped into a non-bedded tacticool (that's cracked)...will still group as well/better than my buddies 452, 453 AND 455.... he's since sold the 455 and 453 and has a threaded TR now </div></div>

lol at your ambitious bashing of an entire manufacturer based on a whopping 3 individual exmaples, all owned by the same person. What if he didn't maintain them? What if he tinkered and boogered something up? What if he's a poor shot and you're not as accurate with his systems as you are with your own due to fit, familiarity, idiosyncrasies and nuances?

CZ has earned worldwide acclaim by shooters of all types for a reason. Do they make the most accurate rimfire EVER? I don't know, probably not, but they sure as heck got something right. </div></div>

my best friend

the cz's shoot...they shoot well. the savage's seem to do AS good if not BETTER, in most cases. Neither of which is ANYWHERE close to being the best rimfire...which is why i laughed.

and i never said they were crap, like you seem to assume....i think they're fine budget guns, but they cost MORE than a more accurate savage.

and where did i bash the whole brand? i didn't. you just like assuming....which is obvious </div></div>

There are a lot of factors at play. By the time you get a real stock and dip bottom metal it is pretty close to a CZ in cost.

wtf would i bother with DIP bottom metal? that's about like people insisting on 1 peice rails for their .22lr's who don't even shoot past 200yds...just worthless

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol @ dude saying CZ is most accurate rimfire, ever...

my best friend

and where did i bash the whole brand? i didn't. you just like assuming....which is obvious </div></div>

You didn't say they were crap but you laughed at a member who gave them praise and that's unacceptable.

Besides, this isn't a debate about the accuracy of CZ rimfires so keep your peanut gallery comments for arfcom because you contributed nothing of substance to this thread.

And to ensure pot doesn't meet kettle, I was thrilled when I saw that Manners and CZ are linking up. I've shot a couple different CZs and also have a Savage 93; I have no problem saying that the CZ grouped a little better than the Savage. The overall fit, finish, quality and feel are also superior. I wouldn't feel disadvantaged with it but I love Manners so this is tuggin at my heartstrings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf would i bother with DIP bottom metal? that's about like people insisting on 1 peice rails for their .22lr's who don't even shoot past 200yds...just worthless
</div></div>

Again, get on topic and quit trolling. You've been nothing but disrespectful and off-topic in this thread.

and who the fuck are you? this is a forum and i can give my opinion and ridicule when desired.

some idiot says cz makes the best rimfires ever, that's ignorant

but since you're under the impression that you're in charge and can deem post acceptable or not....well, nah...just go fuck yourself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the 455 barrels were removeable? Am I wrong?

</div></div>

yeah they are removeable, there's two "set screws" that keep the barrel on. in a recent email i got back from CZ concerning a 455 varmint, there is no 2 barrel kit offered yet with the heavy barreled varmint like the 455 american, but a sporter barrel or .17 hmr heavy barrel can be purchased seperately and swapped if so desired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf would i bother with DIP bottom metal? that's about like people insisting on 1 peice rails for their .22lr's who don't even shoot past 200yds...just worthless
</div></div>

1. the better bottom metal is not only more pleasing to the eye but also more durable / sturdy.

2. actually the 1 piece rails come in handy for several reasons;
a) adding the option in the first place offers the longer range advantage with optics later if so desired
b) offers the ability to add rail mounted ACIs, cosine indicators, etc. to best match up with their centerfires for training
c) offers more height for larger objective scopes without having to purchase more rings
d) offers more options for eye relief and spacing between rings to allow for a more custom / comfortable fit
e) they are usually made of better quality than the cheap assed bases that come with your average rimfire, allows use of weaver / pic rings rather than the the dovetails that many rings tend to slip with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i can give my opinion and ridicule when desired.</div></div>
yes to the opinion, and actually no to the ridicule when desired (the forum has rules) especially when unprovoked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some idiot says cz makes the best rimfires ever, that's ignorant</div></div>
just 'cause he or she is ignorant doesn't mean they are an idiot, and actually no on in this thread made that claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but since you're under the impression that you're in charge and can deem post acceptable or not....well, nah...just go fuck yourself</div></div>
i'm not in charge either but find it funny that there's a pissin match goin on with something that was interjected into the topic not having anything to do with the topic, then followed it up with a vulgarity. the only one that brought up another manufacturer and started the chevy vs. ford topic and straight forward knocking of what the topic is about was, well, you.

Well to get back on topic I ordered a CZ PT from cz-customs yesterday. Prolly take a few weeks to get to me but I plan on a Vortez 4-15x50mm SFP mil/mil PST scope, EGW 20moa base, TPS rings, DIP bottom metal and till I can afford a timmeny trigger I'll get a yodave kit like I have in my 452 which will soon be my son's gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chet....check out the sale on midway right now till 4/30/12 on the Vortex 5-15x42 mil/mil for $400 if your looking at a SFP scope.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...563#Post3218563</div></div>

Im waiting on a sale of a gun and once completed I think Ill order that
Thanks

How much elevation adjustment does that scope have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much elevation adjustment does that scope have? </div></div>

It says 75 MOA for both elevation and windage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i can give my opinion and ridicule when desired.</div></div>
yes to the opinion, and actually no to the ridicule when desired (the forum has rules) especially when unprovoked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some idiot says cz makes the best rimfires ever, that's ignorant</div></div>
just 'cause he or she is ignorant doesn't mean they are an idiot, and actually no on in this thread made that claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but since you're under the impression that you're in charge and can deem post acceptable or not....well, nah...just go fuck yourself</div></div>
i'm not in charge either but find it funny that there's a pissin match goin on with something that was interjected into the topic not having anything to do with the topic, then followed it up with a vulgarity. the only one that brought up another manufacturer and started the chevy vs. ford topic and straight forward knocking of what the topic is about was, well, you. </div></div>

good job sport

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i cant find one of these anywhere</div></div>

You might try Scheels in Fargo if you are close. I saw one there a couple of weeks ago and things like that don't seem to move very fast around here.

Off a bipod at 50 yds w/ Wolf Match Target. My only regret is getting in to this too late!
1fids2.jpg

nxj6gy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> till I can afford a timmeny trigger I'll get a yodave kit like I have in my 452 which will soon be my son's gun. </div></div>

Congrats man - any update on the trigger - i was hoping the PT would come with a better trigger than the 452/455...

TURK Very nice group how does it shoot plikn ammo CCI, Blazer or tactical ammo. I want one of these but very conflicted over the tried and true 452 trainer.

Wish they had a gray or black stock ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfngun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> TURK Very nice group how does it shoot plikn ammo CCI, Blazer or tactical ammo. I want one of these but very conflicted over the tried and true 452 trainer.

Wish they had a gray or black stock .... </div></div>
I can't comment on other ammo as I haven't tried any; and as far as the stock; it's only paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfngun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> TURK Very nice group how does it shoot plikn ammo CCI, Blazer or tactical ammo. I want one of these but very conflicted over the tried and true 452 trainer.

Wish they had a gray or black stock .... </div></div>
I can't comment on other ammo as I haven't tried any; and as far as the stock; it's only paint. </div></div>

What optic is that?

judging by the green ring, it appears to be a mueller 8-32 target dot.

i here great things about that scope, it sells for around 249.00. the crosshairs are super fine, and the target dot is super tiny. it's an excellent target reticle, and it has 1/8" adjustments. side focus too, and i think it comes with a sunshade. 30mm tube.

BSA makes a dead ringer copy of that scope with a mildot in 6-24 (on sale now at midway for 150.00) and a 8-32. i never though i'd buy another BSA - EVER! but on ebay they are going for 100.00 ish, so that may be my "in between" scope on my next "thing".