• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new dpms .308 lightweight rifle needs a scope

awmp

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
I will have a new dpms rifle (lightweight hunter .308)this Saturday and I'm looking for a scope.
Rifle will be used for target, coyote and Texas Hogs.
Never had a scope and don't want to break the bank.
Millet TRS-1 any good?
Recommendations?

Re: new dpms .308 lightweight rifle needs a scope

I just mounted a millett 4-16x56 new generation varmit/target on my savage fcp10 308 and i am very pleased with its clarity. very bright, side focus, knobs are smooth and have locks on them.its as clear and much brighter than my 4-12x50 nikon buckmaster. its a little cheaper than the trs, but i didnt need a illum ret on this gun. i havnt got to shoot it yet but as of now im very pleased with it. you stated your buying a dpms LIGHTWEIGHT. keep in mind both of these scopes weigh 29oz. thats about 2lbs.my gun weighs about 11-12lbs now but i like them a little heavy for hunting, plus its sits solid on my bipod.hopfully someone will chime in thats actually used this scope. good luck.

Re: new dpms .308 lightweight rifle needs a scope

The 3-10X weaver mil mil for 300$ (search around for the midwayusa coupon thread) might be an idea. Mildots, knobs match, and you could dial it back to 3 or 4 when you are hog hunting. There are a couple people on here with that scope on their 308 ARs and they seem to like them.