• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New employee handbook at gerber collision.

M4orturnate

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
What do all think about having your car fixed at a place like this? We're slow and i literally spent all morning yesterday dry firing. Maybe give them a call and let them know how you feel.
20220218_090909.jpg

There is no room for knives in armory with all the paint guns.

Quit, complain, or simply break the rules.

No bow and arrows. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I got stopped in TX once on my way home from a hitch. The cop asked if I had any weapons. I told him there was recurve bow in the back. He was like, "I don't think that counts."

Almost all of us are gun guys. We routinely go to the range on lunch. Nobody at our shop will say anything i just hate the thought of working for a company thats not on the side of freedom. Body guys are in short supply and high demand here

i cant carry to work or in general because of my state

but that is the "generic" CGMP SOP in any manufacturing environment.

if you dont have at least that written down, and signatures showing employees were trained on it your getting dinged

you arent passing any audit with any customer quality team, third party audit or insurance company audit of internal procedures

following and enforcing is different discussion though

an example is during a audit for Target (the store) a few years ago, we were written up because a guy had a flip out knife/ razor blade not the required spring loaded retractable box cutters. he brought it from home etc

audits changed the last 5 years or so, they now get out of the conference rooms, bring a translator and speak to random employees

the amount of time my quality and HR people spent on rewriting SOP's (as required by the audit) and retraining all employees on the new updated procedure (required by law) in addition to getting a lower mark on the audit making my life harder in general

my company lost more in production down time retraining people then he makes in 5 years maybe 10 years

....keep your "knife" at home or work somewhere else

hate to say it but its just the way it is out in the work place now

Almost all of us are gun guys. We routinely go to the range on lunch. Nobody at our shop will say anything i just hate the thought of working for a company thats not on the side of freedom. Body guys are in short supply and high demand here
By making rules in a company handbook, it absolves responsibility. IMO, companies almost have to do this, does not make all against freedom.
Since I have lived in WY, 43 yrs, employed from age 21-55, I have never worked at a place where having a firearm on me, in my company truck, or personal vehicle was acceptable.
That said, I never heard of, or witnessed a search of an individual or a vehicle, or personal space-locker. The standard was, don't call attn to yourself, no one cared until they were forced to do so.

Reactions: Average guy
By making rules in a company handbook, it absolves responsibility. IMO, companies almost have to do this, does not make all against freedom.
Since I have lived in WY, 43 yrs, employed from age 21-55, I have never worked at a place where having a firearm on me, in my company truck, or personal vehicle was acceptable.
That said, I never heard of, or witnessed a search of an individual or a vehicle, or personal space-locker. The standard was, don't call attn to yourself, no one cared until they were forced to do so.
I carry my ccw everywhere i go that isnt illegal. I will also continue to build ARs and disassemble and clean my guns here at work. If they want to fire me im cool with it. Easier for me to replace them then the other way around. Every shop in northeast ohio is desprate for techs

If I felt I needed to carry a weapon (gun, knife, whatever) to be safe, I would do it without hesitation. "Rules" or no rules. My life is more important than some lame ass, anti-self protection management. If you conceal it like you should, no one will ever know.
Its not about need its about rights and responsibilities. I can handle myself without a weapon in 99% of situations. Its that one time i could possibly be someones last line of defense.

If I felt I needed to carry a weapon (gun, knife, whatever) to be safe, I would do it without hesitation. "Rules" or no rules. My life is more important than some lame ass, anti-self protection management. If you conceal it like you should, no one will ever know.

i guess you didnt read my post above that audits spot check employees...they have and will find out

statements and actions like that force employers be heavy handed with ALL employees

then the rank and file say the boss is a Dick bla bla bla

no.... the employee made the company have a severe punishment policy because some guys thought they were above the rules

if you left your pistol in your truck (if the insurance company even allows a firearm on premises), the company may not have to make the managers go through your locker every day.

costing the company more money because that manager is not managing anymore

that manager just used up some of the budget...guess who gets screwed out of a raise or bonus...the employee

its a circular event

if you dont have at least that written down, and signatures showing employees were trained on it your getting dinged

you arent passing any audit with any customer quality team, third party audit or insurance company audit of internal procedures

following and enforcing is different discussion though

This right here. Thats boilerplate language that I would bet a CRAZY high % of companies in all industries and all areas of the US have in their employee handbooks. Its their "get out of jail free card".... "BUT WE HAVE A POLICY AGAINST THAT AND HE SIGNED IT EVERY YEAR".... and boom, you are fucked for having your gun in your bag on work property... not to mention you saved 100's of people when that guy that just got fired went ape shit crazy and started shooting shit up....

Just like the all the retail loss prevention people who arent allowed to actually stop a shop lifter and when they do they get fired. The fuck are they employed in the first place...

This right here. Thats boilerplate language that I would bet a CRAZY high % of companies in all industries and all areas of the US have in their employee handbooks. Its their "get out of jail free card".... "BUT WE HAVE A POLICY AGAINST THAT AND HE SIGNED IT EVERY YEAR".... and boom, you are fucked for having your gun in your bag on work property... not to mention you saved 100's of people when that guy that just got fired went ape shit crazy and started shooting shit up....

Just like the all the retail loss prevention people who arent allowed to actually stop a shop lifter and when they do they get fired. The fuck are they employed in the first place...
it may not be the employers choice

what if the insurance company said, like they do "no firearms on premises or property"

should the manufacturer close down because they cannot get insurance

we need to see it from both sides,

who says you arent the one who will start shooting the place up?

is the employer supposed to interview you and see if you are in a correct state of mind everyday when you punch in?

is the employer supposed to take your opinion of your mental state?

does the cop take your opinion if you are driving drunk or not?

if companies do institute a psychologist on staff... what if you fail the exam in the morning because they think you too aggressive that day?

are they supposed to call the police and remove the firearm from you until a secondary evaluation is available?

are they supposed to let a person leave who had been designated by a professional shrink to leave with the same weapon they came in with to possible shoot someone else because they have been "Red Flagged" that day?

you wait outside the girlfriends house and kill her then, is the shrink or the company now liable for letting you leave in such a mental state, if something happens?

who says you are the one who stops the shooter from killing his ex girlfriend and then putting a bullet in his ear, limiting the deaths to 2 people one a suicide?

but you ARE the person to starts a shoot out and 3 other people get killed in the crossfire, or a fire starts and kills 100.

thats why the employers say leave you weapons at home

and im not even a lawyer so thats prob on 10% of what would happen.

Reactions: Short-bus
Employee handbooks are just a bunch of printed bullshit for a company to have a reason to terminate someone. Most stuff is loosely or rarely enforced so people break the rules and the company has grounds to terminate them if they chose. Simple as that.

There is also a liability aspect with stuff like that too, it could waive them from liability from something happening after an employee broke the rules.

Pro tip, forget to sign all the paperwork if you can, most aren’t paying attention let alone reviewing anything.

My work has the same, but in Texas they can't ban it in your car in their parking lot. Having said that, the worst they can do is fire you.
If there is ever a work place shooting, they can be sued now since they banned guns and made every employee defenseless.

Reactions: LeftyJason
I carry my ccw everywhere i go that isnt illegal. I will also continue to build ARs and disassemble and clean my guns here at work. If they want to fire me im cool with it. Easier for me to replace them then the other way around. Every shop in northeast ohio is desprate for techs
LOL, sounds like you are setting yourself up for the confrontation, I don't give a fuck one way or the other, just saying.

Reactions: M4orturnate
Employee handbooks are just a bunch of printed bullshit for a company to have a reason to terminate someone. Most stuff is loosely or rarely enforced so people break the rules and the company has grounds to terminate them if they chose. Simple as that.

Pro tip, forget to sign all the paperwork if you can, most aren’t paying attention let alone reviewing anything.

that changed too, the last couple of years

large audits want to see test scores of employees during training sessions

training is done electronically so all test scores are recorded

they then review the amount of people that pass on the first try and compare it to the ones who take 10 times

the audit then reviews your training materials, and the trainer(s)

audits of all types are getting to the employee level because they know employees are just signing away and the owners are looking the other direction

That never worked here, lol, especially if the signature was a condition of employment, even a friggin safety meeting.

That never worked here, lol, especially if the signature was a condition of employment, even a friggin safety meeting.

I got away with it about half a dozen times. One time I was told a few months later that they never got signatures and I just said “yeah, I’m not signing that stuff” and they didn’t fire me, I think it caught them a little off guard and they didn’t even know how to react.

My work has the same, but in Texas they can't ban it in your car in their parking lot. Having said that, the worst they can do is fire you.
If there is ever a work place shooting, they can be sued now since they banned guns and made every employee defenseless.
thats where the other 1000 pages of SOP's come in.

there are security and emergency and evacuation procedures

example:
procedure says all doors are locked at all times

the only non employee entrance is a designated entrance, front office for example

someone walks in a starts shooting from the back door

how did he get in?

who let him in?

who wasnt following procedures they were trained on... thats why its all monitored by the insurance company

why can you sue the company when someone broke the rules and let in a "killer"?

that person should go to jail why should the employer be found responsible for a another persons actions?

if the lock was not working and it was brought up to the maintenance staff yet neglected for months (again the timeline is lined out in the SOP of how long repairs can take without having a meeting with meeting minutes) then there is a lawsuit against the employer for not following procedures which created a non safe working environment.

dont get my devils advocate confused with carrying or not carrying

but its a lot bigger than anyone knows because they dont deal with the repercussions other than leaving a pistol in the car

I got away with it about half a dozen times. One time I was told a few months later that they never got signatures and I just said “yeah, I’m not signing that stuff” and they didn’t fire me, I think it caught them a little off guard and they didn’t even know how to react.
100% happens all the time

thats called poor management and poor upper level management

when the trainer is reviewed and his records are audited, the questions arise

why are so many trainees signing several days after the training?

why is the same employee and had this been discussed with his manager?

or if he has you back date to the correct date and gets found out?

its a big spider web

That's a typical handbook policy almost everywhere. Either quit your job or continue whining to a bunch of strangers online if it makes you feel better...

Corporations and the rich, for too long have thought that because they have money they can play lord and masters and demand all the serfs grovel to their every whim.

Fortunately an interesting side effect of the government handing out so much free money is workers have started to realize their worth and their value and been able to regain some control of their destiny, as the former greedy tyrants find they are unable to force good workers to stay for scrap wages and terrible working conditions.

This whole trying to get people to give up their natural right to have the means of self defense to make some filthy corporation and vile corporate goons feel all happy probably won't get solved until we get enough people to vote in the kind of government that will stick it hard to the corporations and tell them that NO your offering money to someone to work, does NOT make them your slave.

i guess you didnt read my post above that audits spot check employees...they have and will find out

statements and actions like that force employers be heavy handed with ALL employees

then the rank and file say the boss is a Dick bla bla bla

no.... the employee made the company have a severe punishment policy because some guys thought they were above the rules

if you left your pistol in your truck (if the insurance company even allows a firearm on premises), the company may not have to make the managers go through your locker every day.

costing the company more money because that manager is not managing anymore

that manager just used up some of the budget...guess who gets screwed out of a raise or bonus...the employee

its a circular event
Well, I sure as hell wouldn't be working for a place like that in the first place. "Spot checks", what the fuck is that? They periodically pat you down, make you disrobe, do cavity searches, etc? At a body shop, seriously? I would expect that at a prison, jail, booking station, etc. Not at a car repair facility, WTF?

• Love
Reactions: Im2bent
where'd the original WX- post go

i liked it it was much more aggressive and berating to me

i wanted to answer why he toughi what i said was BS?

whichever post you replied to please do it again, it might be a good conversation that i can learn something...i always can

along the lines of what you posted before you deleted it

your employment is not servitude

if you dont like the employee handbook you can always change jobs...hopefully making more money at the same time

but until then, if the manual says leave your weapon in the car...leave it in the car

along that thinking, how many workplace shootings that killed more than one intended target (no mater how fast you are on the draw 1 person is dying)
how many of those work place shooting allow or dont allow weapons inside
how many of those work place shooting have a security guard patting employees down on the way in
hw many of those shootings are in "gun friendly" states
how many shootings are not just crimes of passion which can happen after work

as for the government handing out money, it has made the employee weaker not stronger

i have personally automated more processes because of brand new employees leaving after 2 shifts of work, never mind the on-boarding cost for employees
setting up a employee number, calling for uniforms, training etc..its well over $1000 dollars per employee
3 show up and 2 leave i just got burnt for 2+K that im not getting back

if the equipment costs 15k and it was a coin flip on ROI...now it only costs 13K...bye bye employee hello mr machine

the hands-on employee is doing themselves a disservice thinking they are fighting and winning

all they are doing is making themselves less relevant and more expensive compared to equipment

better is to get on board, move up in management and try to change company culture for the better..while keeping your job

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Well, I sure as hell wouldn't be working for a place like that in the first place. "Spot checks", what the fuck is that? They periodically pat you down, make you disrobe, do cavity searches, etc? At a body shop, seriously? I would expect that at a prison, jail, booking station, etc. Not at a car repair facility, WTF?
work for a big company Ford, Chevy, Industrial

they are all getting these types of audits

its almost coming less about the quality of product but the treatment of employee

if you sell to walmart, so we are talking all big companies goodyear etc

the audit agency walmart uses looks at pay scales and compares them to their job description

i got a lower score "hit" because a right hand man for 30 years who is old and useless now lol

but was helping when i couldnt pay the bills is making too much for his position

hes not a great mechanic, had no compute skills, but i owe him for back then

they came in and said why is he making more than someone "above him"

caused trouble for me

i keep saying its very different now

Corporations and the rich, for too long have thought that because they have money they can play lord and masters and demand all the serfs grovel to their every whim.

Fortunately an interesting side effect of the government handing out so much free money is workers have started to realize their worth and their value and been able to regain some control of their destiny, as the former greedy tyrants find they are unable to force good workers to stay for scrap wages and terrible working conditions.

This whole trying to get people to give up their natural right to have the means of self defense to make some filthy corporation and vile corporate goons feel all happy probably won't get solved until we get enough people to vote in the kind of government that will stick it hard to the corporations and tell them that NO your offering money to someone to work, does NOT make them your slave.

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

A broad statement... The most threatening enemy to an American, today, is themselves. The best short term defensive move for an American is to keep their mouth shut. I'm not at all saying roll over. The bigger battles are looming on the horizon. Don't risk losing your weapon / income in a scrimmage.

"Trust in God and keep your powder dry" is a maxim attributed to Oliver Cromwell,

we have all heard the phrase..."it's the economy stupid"

no government on earth will EVER weaken the big corporations because that is the economy

no economy...no country...its not 1950 anymore

its a global economy

what is china's plan? to invade...no

its to eclipse our economy for the long play

lets say we get this fictitious government that will beat down GM, Tesla, GE

what does the stock market do..it drops like a stone

is that a positive for the country, of course not

what happened to the average worker or even the above average worker when the bottom dropped out 10 years ago, and the market shit the bed

they were all unemployed, getting unemployment from the same govt

the economy bounced back and they all had jobs again, its almost like they are tied to each other

if anyone thinks hurting the big auto industry is ever going to happen so the UAW have 50% unemployment...i have a bridge to sell you

There is no room for knives in armory with all the paint guns.

Quit, complain, or simply break the rules.

No bow and arrows. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I got stopped in TX once on my way home from a hitch. The cop asked if I had any weapons. I told him there was recurve bow in the back. He was like, "I don't think that counts."
If you ever get pulled over by the Sheriff of Nottingham you should keep that to yourself.

If you ever get pulled over by the Sheriff of Nottingham you should keep that to yourself.
I actually got out of a ticket coming from the range one day.

Cop pulled me over, we got to talking snd he wanted to see what I had.

Reactions: Dirty D
I spent 6 unfortunate years at Progressive Insurance and they are as liberal as they come. I actually took the time to read the entire employee handbook and found several hidden gems in the fine print, the handbook allowed small pocket knives and failed to define small, the handbook allowed pepper spray and forbid any clothing that had a logo on it unless the logo was of the clothing manufacturer. I wore a Beretta polo to the office one day and my branch manager and HR showed up at my desk 10 minutes later to send me home to change, I showed them the applicable section of the rules and the Beretta tag inside the collar, I thought HR was going to shit his pants. 😁
HR didn’t like being outmaneuvered and started looking for shit to harass me about and finally noticed the knife clipped on my pocket and I counseled him a second time on the rules, they never noticed that the fat ink pen in my laptop bag was actually a pepper spray canister disguised as a pen. 😎
Gotta read your rules.

we have all heard the phrase..."it's the economy stupid"

no government on earth will EVER weaken the big corporations because that is the economy

no economy...no country...its not 1950 anymore

its a global economy

what is china's plan? to invade...no

its to eclipse our economy for the long play

You may have noticed perhaps that China has been recently taking a very hard line on big corporations, in particular giant Tech companies with the explicit and clearly stated goal that they will not allow corporations to dictate what the Communist Party does? Nor will they allow them to become big enough to distort politics and society.

Some really big names in China were hit very hard and told to toe the line or else and some top mega rich CEOs got taken for a bit of a vacation to explain things in depth.

Does the government over there mind if the stocks crashed a bit, nope, they prefer to keep things from getting over hyped and letting the stock market direct what everybody else does so the rich traders can get richer.
In that they are somewhat correct, an over hyped stock market running on wild speculation and free government money, like we have here is actually damaging to the economy as a whole and distorts things to favour wealthy traders that are playing with other people's money at the expense of everyone else.

I'm not saying that I in any way like the Chinese Communist Party, but rather that if you look at what China is doing versus what our country is doing, it's pretty clear that the Chinese Communist Party has a plan and the willingness to enforce the doctrine that the corporations exist to serve them and will be allowed to continue existing so long as it serves the will of the government.

You'll notice even the big proud American corporations toe the line obediently and without complaint when doing business in China.

Meanwhile you'll notice the Chinese are very happy to have our government get weaker and weaker.
I'm pretty sure they are enjoying watching us act out one of their childhood story books about the little king that bankrupted the big king.

Oh and the Chinese also cracked down on the Celebrities thinking they were big hot shots... and they came down hard on them, explicitly stating none of this celebrity worship will be tolerated and no celebrities thinking they can tell the country what to do or get filthy rich off their fame.

Rich kids of TikTok in China... shut that stuff down or off to the gulags with your families.
Pushing Sissy men in entertainment... nope not no more
Pushing Feminism and going against traditional families... nope you won't be saying that no more.
Kneeling when playing the national anthem? Nope you will look at the flag with a respectful face or off to the gulags and rich American players best follow the lead or they won't be making no more money.

For all the evil horrors the Chinese Communist Party does on so many fronts, it's very interesting that their plan for overtaking the USA and becoming the next global super power in their idea that this will become "China's Century", they are doing almost the exact opposite on so many fronts of what is being pushed here.

Correct…

But China is not clamping down on behalf of the worker or workers rights. They are reducing the influence that huge money has in government. That is totally different than the government allowing personal protection on premises

The Chinese also manipulate their currency to do their bidding. We manipulate our economy and the fed but there are checks and balances which match up good or bad. When manipulating the currency, market and big corporations with no oversight it’s a totally different situation.

Truthfully I think they are doing exactly what happens here but have the ability to shut it down at will. They must have seen some benefit of certain “celebrity’s” etc, but before they went WOKE they put a stop to it. Our changes happen organically which limits our ability to manipulate. They can do as they please so they can separate the good from the bad.

This is pretty standard at all major corporations and companies now. Retired last May and it was no weapons allowed in the plant including pocket knives but we had to use razor knifes and hook knives. Go figure, pocket knife is evil but we’ll supply you with all the hook knives and razors you want.

Reactions: brianf
This is pretty standard at all major corporations and companies now. Retired last May and it was no weapons allowed in the plant including pocket knives but we had to use razor knifes and hook knives. Go figure, pocket knife is evil but we’ll supply you with all the hook knives and razors you want.
Oh fuck yeah, plus 55 gal drums of methanol in case you want to see someone play richard pryor w/o the visible flames.

That's a typical handbook policy almost everywhere. Either quit your job or continue whining to a bunch of strangers online if it makes you feel better...

...or nod in agreement and ignore the BS. I had four different jobs after retiring from Uncle. One didn't care, one was happy I did and the other two never knew.

Absolutely love working for a small company with NO handbook. CEO brought her new P-38 to the office to show it off (and swept just about everybody in the room in the process!). Her husband and another employee (former Ranger) built an AR in the cafeteria after hours. Several employees carried (concealed) at work. Another reason to celebrate not working for a large company.

Now working remotely from home; the only problem is management here (home) has strict rules about new firearms acquisitions. But I have my ways around those rules . . . though sanctions can be tough if caught.

No my whole shop including market manager are gun guys. Its more one of those if i need a reason to fire you things. The company is actually a canadian company and honestly pretty good to their guys. I just hate any attacks on personal freedom

What do all think about having your car fixed at a place like this? We're slow and i literally spent all morning yesterday dry firing. Maybe give them a call and let them know how you feel.View attachment 7810274

Holy shit, by that definition even an erection would be considered a weapon because you can slap somebody in the face with it if they are on their knees...
smiley_freak.gif

Not that there are many reasons to get an erection in a car service shop. BUT, these folks can get fucked for that cuck shit. NOT gonna get my money and business.

I now believe the lawyers that work for insurance companies may be the worst of the bunch.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I now believe the lawyers that work for insurance companies may be the worst of the bunch.

My youngest works for State Farm handling contested claims. He does lots of depositions and hates the lawyers on both sides.

There are tools in a car repair shop that can be put to far more terrifying uses than "guns, bows and arrows, machetes"... Such as peculiar instruments that have a rubber hose, nozzle, and attached to an air compressor that can extract confessions from even the most hardened ISIS militants once they watched this instrument being used in the rectum of one of their comrades...

it may not be the employers choice

what if the insurance company said, like they do "no firearms on premises or property"
i have handled or at least been involved in insurance for multiple companies over the years and have never seen a mandate of no firearms. not saying that doesn't happen, but would be interested in seeing actual cases where it has happened.

what, what, no bombs!!?? holy cow that company is really over-reaching.

on another note, why in the f, when i get in my car, do i have to tell the gps/nav system that i will agree to follow all traffic laws, i mean is that really their f-in business and can they/it be sued or locked up if i don't follow traffic laws?

Holy shit, by that definition even an erection would be considered a weapon because you can slap somebody in the face with it if they are on their knees...
smiley_freak.gif

Not that there are many reasons to get an erection in a car service shop. BUT, these folks can get fucked for that cuck shit. NOT gonna get my money and business.
apparently you've given this ample thought... ahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country