• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New England/New Hampshire

Coopers7777

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
Are the any natives to New Hampshire, or the New England area for that matter??

Im in the Lakes Region area of New Hampshire.

Reactions: Ken2ndAmendment
Re: New England/New Hampshire

I'm down here in Kittery, ME. I'm trying to find some place where I can get some long shots with my 308, feeling the need to stretch.

MA/NH Border; member at Littleton Sportsman Club; 100 yard range now, a 200 in the works. Also on the lookout for longer ranges.

Anyone have luck finding ranges for long-distance? Nashua has a 600yrd range, but not sure if it's public or members-only. Sent an email to inquire.

Connecticut here, willing to travel to shoot beyond 500 yards.

Arlington, MA. I shoot Harvard for the 300 range and joined Devens Rifle and Pistol Club. Once a month (weather dependent) the Devens guys shoot 600 yards at Golf Range on the South Post at Devens.

I have email docs to join the Devens Club if anyone is interested. Caliber limited - nothing greater than .30. You shoot on base with all the rules that entails. No douche baggery allowed. Target frames and pit equipment is in pretty sad shape but it is 600 yards. Send email and I will send what info I have if this interests anyone.

Edit - Dont expect high speed at Devens. The guys running it are the last survivors of the High Power culture that used to be active in MA. They are very knowledgeable and their shooting shows it, most prior service. They only get the ranges at the whim of the base commander and after being bounced for a few years they finally got a range time back. They wqould like to get more members and build back their sport. The Devens range time is MR practice for their regular reduced course schedule. When you fire you get about 45 minutes on line before a swap is made with the pits. The guys running it like to get done in enough time to go off for breakfast.

Last edited:
Harvard Sportsman Club is but a short ride from Worcester and it will give you 300 yards which s pretty good for Massachusetts. See my earlier post regarding Devens Rifle and Pistol if 600 interests you.

I'm in central Maine.

MikeT: There is a 600 yard range in Hampden (near Bangor). Google: Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club. Last summer they were allowing members to shoot at the 600 yard range on Thursday afternoons during match practice only, taking turns tending the target pit. There was talk about developing a 1000 yard range elsewhere on the property but I don't know if that went anywhere yet or not and it's been a while since I checked their website too, but rumor has it that spring is coming, lol. As I recall the idea of developing a new 1000 yard range was to get it away from everything else so that long range shooting could expand. I was there during a new member night and like me, several of the guys were primarily interested in shooting 600 yards. There is a little red tape involved to becoming a full-fledged member but not bad. Their website will have the latest information.

WOW. This thread makes our Arizona desert look more like Paradise all the time. I hope you guys are able to get something out, so you can shoot to 1000 yards. BIG difference between 600 & 1000 yards. Can't believe the military wasn't more inviting, but I guess they would have tons of liability issues. Lawyers under every rock these days. Good luck and be safe.

There was talk of a 1000 yard range in the Pemigwasset area of NH. Sadly too many transplants, likely from my state (MA), are cock blocking it.

Cape Cod MA. I have a spot where I can get 500 but mostly I go to Sig up in NH to reach 1K. I was talking to some of my buddies that instruct the LE/Mil sniper courses up there and they are getting ready to push out another 200-300 so sometime this year it will hit the 1200-1300 mark. Also adding a 80 foot tower with I think four platforms so you can get some nice slope angles in. I think other then LE/Mil you have to sign up for a class to use it, but I am not 100% sure.

The guys on the team and I are willing to travel anywhere in NE or CT to train on new ranges and we invite civilians to train with us (range not tactics) so hit me up if interested.

Sully

they allowed to shoot real guns up there? i didnt know that if so

They just added a gun tax. Seems liberals can live with guns as long as they can find a way to tax them too.

Sully

** note, above is sarcasm. Not the part about liberals fearing anything with a trigger or loving to tax shit, just the part about them already doing it.

% sure.

The guys on the team and I are willing to travel anywhere in NE or CT to train on new ranges and we invite civilians to train with us (range not tactics) so hit me up if interested.

Sully

Interested, PM sent.

CT right on MASS border, that little cut out in the top of CT.

Just got into shooting at longer ranges. Tough finding places around here. Made it up to VT this past fall, to a friends place. We were able to get out to 650 yds. It was awesome. Totally hooked. Going back in the spring, hopefully we can get it out to 800 or 900 this time around. Willing to travel and pick peoples brains.

I read way more than I post on the site. Tons of good info and people.

Glad you got hooked on my state, Vermont, me being in the southern part. Best we have locally is 200 but on Tuesdays its 300 Day! Spent a week at SIG this summer and plans are in the works for an extension to over a grand. Their "Connex" box village was awesome too, but that has nothing to do with LR shooting.

They are 1k+ now. In the sniper III they set metal up from 870-1020. I heard about the expansion from Dave when I spoke to him and Scott at Shot and they said it was going to push out to 1200-1300 and the 80' tower as well. The MOUT/box village, is great for hide building but your right no LR shooting value. Sig is about as good as it gets for a range in NE.

Sully

Glad you got hooked on my state, Vermont, me being in the southern part. Best we have locally is 200 but on Tuesdays its 300 Day! Spent a week at SIG this summer and plans are in the works for an extension to over a grand. Their "Connex" box village was awesome too, but that has nothing to do with LR shooting.

Up here in the Bangor, ME area.......we have access to 400yds right now on a private range, if everything goes according to plan this year, we will have up to 800.

......The guys on the team and I are willing to travel anywhere in NE or CT to train on new ranges and we invite civilians to train with us (range not tactics) so hit me up if interested.....

PM sent.... thanks!

I'm in Hampden, ME and have been a member at the Hampden club. Its not bad, some good folks there but I'm not too sure that they're very interested to expand beyond their fixed 600. Wish I could find a good LR spot to in the area.

They are 1k+ now. In the sniper III they set metal up from 870-1020. I heard about the expansion from Dave when I spoke to him and Scott at Shot and they said it was going to push out to 1200-1300 and the 80' tower as well. The MOUT/box village, is great for hide building but your right no LR shooting value. Sig is about as good as it gets for a range in NE.

Sully

Sully, For a small town LEO, paying out of my pocket and driving 2.5 hours, SIG facility and training is major league. We worked the village and the small range next door for active shooter instructor. Again, hide building would be awesome in boxville, it was 95 degrees when I was there, so time in "the boxes" wearing plates was intense. Anyway, I'm looking at des. marksman classes there this year. Would not lazy-boy-recliner my way to title of sniper. The .300 Blackout I built with a sweet Noveske upper really is a good fit for my local 300 Yard Tuesdays range. Kudos to the intense investment of skills and exercise that a vetted LEO sniper has earned. I hinted to a local SRT member for mentoring and was met with a chuckle. Stay safe.

Sully, For a small town LEO, paying out of my pocket and driving 2.5 hours, SIG facility and training is major league. We worked the village and the small range next door for active shooter instructor. Again, hide building would be awesome in boxville, it was 95 degrees when I was there, so time in "the boxes" wearing plates was intense. Anyway, I'm looking at des. marksman classes there this year. Would not lazy-boy-recliner my way to title of sniper. The .300 Blackout I built with a sweet Noveske upper really is a good fit for my local 300 Yard Tuesdays range. Kudos to the intense investment of skills and exercise that a vetted LEO sniper has earned. I hinted to a local SRT member for mentoring and was met with a chuckle. Stay safe.

870, did the SRT member know your LEO? Heck, as both a High Risk Warrant and HRT instructor I take the time to assist any LEO (upon verification) on entry skills. I also know what it is like to pay out of pocket, we do a lot of that on my team. We have a motto, open your mind and open your wallet, because the department ain't payin!

Sully

Sully, hell yeah, hard to mistake a local cop (blue and gold shield) and statie (green and gold) cruisers side by side in a diner parking lot. :) Humbly I paid my dues (twice) through the VT academy once at age 21 and once at 55 years old (took a break between service, sexual child abuse detectives burn out fast). I made it though the ASI course at SIG with full plates, a guy half my age opted out for a break.

I guzzled Gatorade like an electrolytes whore. Sully, I paid my hotel and meals and ammo just to get there. Near the SIG R&D building is a cut in half oxy tank, you hit it ten times with the attached hammer when you show up on line with a long gun (my dime) I didn't wield the hammer, I didn't take a break in the heat like a guy half my age( im not totally sane).

When the local VT SRT team member said weeks afterwards the training to wait for his arrival at an A Shooter call out, I said I'll do the best on my own (dollar). I, f*cking color blind as to uniforms. Id rather be a lead magnet in a AS sit, than to see innocents hurt. Sorry to derail the thread with drama. If your ever close to Springfield, VT, lemme know of just PM me. Stay safe, Sully.

Last edited:
Tony here. I live in shitsvile Ct but I was born and raised Vermont. Way way up Vermont, passed Stowe and halfway to Newport. My folks still live up there and I can shoot out to 600 easy enough but haven't found a 1000+ yet. I haven't heard of the Sig range but would like to try it out. When is anyone heading there? Is it private?

Also, in Jericho Vermont, there is a reservist base with plenty of room to shoot. I know people who shoot .50's there. Anyone have the hook ups there?

Last edited:
Moving to downstate NH in the next few months, where are some good ranges in the Concord and/or Dover area.

Fort Devens Rifle and Pistol Club. One day a month of pure fun.

How far is that? Do they like friends lol

Also, would they like to host a machine gun day? I can get all from full auto m4's, 249's, m60's, m240's, m2's, rpd, rpk, mg64 and a Gatling gun.

If you feel like a cross country trip, we have monthly Practical Rifle matches near Puget Sound (Washington State about 1 hour south east of Tacoma, WA. Tacoma is about 45 minutes south of Seattle). We shoot mostly steel targets out to about 550 yards. If you want to look at one of our monthly courses of fire, the set up for the October match is posted in the tactical rifle section, under Puget Sound shooters. You don't need to be a club member to shoot, and new shooters are welcome.

I realize it is a long distance, but if you have some frequent flyer miles to burn, c'mon out and shoot. It is a really friendly group.

I'm in central Maine.

MikeT: There is a 600 yard range in Hampden (near Bangor). Google: Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club. Last summer they were allowing members to shoot at the 600 yard range on Thursday afternoons during match practice only, taking turns tending the target pit. There was talk about developing a 1000 yard range elsewhere on the property but I don't know if that went anywhere yet or not and it's been a while since I checked their website too, but rumor has it that spring is coming, lol. As I recall the idea of developing a new 1000 yard range was to get it away from everything else so that long range shooting could expand. I was there during a new member night and like me, several of the guys were primarily interested in shooting 600 yards. There is a little red tape involved to becoming a full-fledged member but not bad. Their website will have the latest information.

What's the status of the Hampden Rifle & Pistol Club building the 1000 yard range? We're lacking a quality range in northern Maine.

I'm right in the middle of CT. There aren't any real options I know about for long distance. Although I had one member here invite me to his private club out to 400 on the other side of the state which was awesome.

What's the status of the Hampden Rifle & Pistol Club building the 1000 yard range? We're lacking a quality range in northern Maine.

I have no idea, sorry. On their website they still mention the Thursday afternoon 600 yard practice sessions. Apparently, the only other time 600 yard shooting is done is when there is a match. Shooting on Thursday afternoons only didn't work for me so I didn't complete the membership process. At the time, all 600 yard shooting required pit attending and as I recall there were other logisitcal issues as well. One of the problems was the 600 yard line of fire being in too close proximity to operate another part or parts of the range safely and simultaneously. There had been discussion about moving the 600 yard range to where there would be less interference and also room to expand to 1000 yards, but there were issues with that too, and would require a huge amount of work. My impression was that it was a case of don't hold your breath. Only having one afternoon session per week to shoot 600 yards doesn't translate into having sufficient interest to expand further.

There could be further developments that I am unaware of. You could attend one of their regular new membership nights and get the latest word.