• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition New F T/R Rifle

BradfromND

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Fargo, ND
Figured I'd post up a few pics of my newest rifle. Russell Banks at Scout Supply Company did all of the machine work for me. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I should be getting my other barrel from him this week. It is a switch barrel with one set up for LR with an 11 twist for shooting 185 Berger Hybrids. The other barrel is a 12 twist for MR for shooting 155 Sierra Palmas. Our winter up here did not want to let go so I've been doing all load work at matches. My last match yesterday is my load for the LR barrel. It shot a 195 6-x with the 9s coming just outside of the 10. The wind flags were going left to right but the mirage was moving right to left. Tough to read.

Defiance Machine Mutant action with deep flutes, coned bolt
Eliseo R1 chassis in starbright orange copper and black powdercoat and 30 moa rail
Eliseo bipod with ski feet
Brux heavy palma 11 twist finished at 30
Broughton medium palma 12 twist finished at 30
CG Extreme model 22 trigger
NF rings
Nightforce 12-42 NXS

That is a fine piece of work. I'm digging the finish, as well. Given what went into it, I'd imagine it shoots bugholes.

Nice piece I am sure it will do everything you want it too. I also am building an Eliseo but for F-Open. I am interested in what your's weighs with the medium Palma contour barrel.

RS

I'll have the medium palma barrel tomorrow so I can get a weight for you then. With the heavy palma barrel, it weighs in at 17.9 lbs as it sits in the pictures. I wanted to leave a little wiggle room in case the scales at the matches are off a little bit. I am lucky enough to have a friend who owns a scale company so I weigh my stuff on his calibrated scales.

As far as how she shoots, the last match held about 2 inches of vertical and right at a MOA of horizontal at 600 yards. Not too shabby over 20 shots in match conditions. I wished I would have noticed that I was always on the right side of the 10, X rings. It can get a bit tough to notice those little details when looking through the mirage.

I know that I am extremely happy with how it has turned out so far. Next weekend I'll have another report with the other barrel put on and a little better target detail.

Nice bit of kit how has it been performing for you?