• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New Facility In Mid Tn

Broknbonz

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Strategic Edge Inc. in Chapel Hill, Tn. 0-1000yds, covered shooting benches and room for prone shooters. Large separated pistol/combat rifle 0-50yd ranges. Nice office, training facility. Memberships limited to 500 at this time. The Owner is very open to any idea members have to improve the facility and Has plans & room to expand if needed.

Range is open daylight to dark daily. Members will have access code to gate and office and can come & go as you please. ID badges are supplied and required when on premises.
Range supplies Golf cart for rifle shooters to put up & check targets. Also targets and assorted range supplies offered onsite " honor system"

Strategic Edge Inc. does have a Facebook page with a few assorted pictures and contact information.

I can possibly answer any general questions but I'm just a member so please direct any specific questions to the range owner.
Office 615-599-9911,
Fax 615-535-2720,
Cell 615-948-3335 "Tony Shankle"

Tim
615-495-0291
[email protected]

Last edited:
Strategic Edge Inc. in Chapel Hill, Tn. 0-1000yds, covered shooting benches and room for prone shooters. Large separated pistol/combat rifle 0-50yd ranges. Nice office, training facility. Memberships limited to 500 at this time. The Owner is very open to any idea members have to improve the facility and Has plans & room to expand if needed.

Range is open daylight to dark daily. Members will have access code to gate and office and can come & go as you please. ID badges are supplied and required when on premises.
Range supplies Golf cart for rifle shooters to put up & check targets. Also targets and assorted range supplies offered onsite " honor system"

Strategic Edge Inc. does have a Facebook page with a few assorted pictures and contact information.

I can possibly answer any general questions but I'm just a member so please direct any specific questions to the range owner.
Office 615-599-9911,
Fax 615-535-2720,
Cell 615-948-3335 "Tony Shankle"

Tim
615-495-0291
[email protected]

What kind of process did you have to go through to become a member, and what are the membership fees? Are there any obligations that come with membership, such as maintenance work, etc.? Sounds like a cool place.

Nevermind, found their website. Only $150 a year. Not bad.

Sorry Bud. been outta pocket this weekend. If you have facebook, the range has a page and they post most of the latest info and pictures there.

You are correct about membership fees. But there's also a one time $50 application fee that covers the background check and paperwork, badges, etc..

We just had a volunteer work day to install a few safety walls/berms to the 100 & 300 yard berms just to help with containment since there's range supplied steel targets available to shoot.
You should come check it out sometime. Just ask for Tony, Chris or myself (Tim). I don't think you'll be disappointed.
My personal cell # is in my first post if you need to call for directions or have a specific question.

Last edited:
do yall have membership sign ups on the weekend? I work evenings/nights during the week and start at 5.

Yes sir. I'm meeting a fellow SH member Sat AM. If you can make it Sometime Saturday Morning I will be there. If not, Tony will be there from Noon till 5pm on Saturday.

If you need to meet some other time just PM me or my cell # is posted above and we can work something out.

I'll be at the range Sat @ 9AM till noon accepting applications and providing tours of the range. Tony (owner) will be there noon - 5pm.

Please bring eye & ear protection if possible. The range will provide loaner safety equipment for the tour of the facility if you happen to forget yours

Unfortunately new applicants aren't allowed to shoot until their background check clears. We will then contact you regarding your Membership cards and gate/ building access codes.
It has been averaging 5-7 days for the process.

A 1,000 yard range? Woohoo! Now I have somewhere to shoot when my 6.5 CM gets done.

Can I file my membership on line? It's a 2 hour drive, and I'd hate to get up that way just to eyeball the place andcome straight home.

A 1,000 yard range? Woohoo! Now I have somewhere to shoot when my 6.5 CM gets done.

Can I file my membership on line? It's a 2 hour drive, and I'd hate to get up that way just to eyeball the place and come straight home.

Yes sir. just go to the website Gun Range - Strategic Edge and click on the membership link. There you can download the application, view the application fees and requirements.

The range also has a Facebook page that has several pictures of the range. We just got a few aerial shots of the range that will be posted asap.

Feel free to contact me if I can help with directions or if you need additional information 615-495-0291 (Tim)

Does a Conceal Carry Permit count as a background check since we are fingerprinted and our background is checked in order to get the permit? I thought it may save time and money if you allow it.

Unfortunately, the carry permit does not count and we still have to do the background check. Also, the application fee is not just for the background check, it also covers the other cost of thermal ID cards, programming codes into the gate and building, as well as other items. Thanks!

Great info, thanks BONZ. A female friend of mine from Tn is getting into "precision" carbine and was looking for a place to shoot. I forwarded her the info on the range.
I see that there is an intro to precision rifle course listed but not scheduled for the foreseeable future. From what you know, is it possible for her to schedule some instruction?
I'd like to get her on the Hide as it is, so if I get that done ya'll may end up meeting at some point on the range.

Again, thanks for the info.

Nice to have a LR facility closer than Rock Castle but it is bitter sweet as I was hoping to start one in the area once I retired.

How close are you guys to meeting your 500 member limit? I am deployed for another couple months but would like to join by the sound of it when I return.

bogeybrown,

We will post the advanced class schedule soon. Please keep checking our calendar of events at Strategic Edge

Better yet, come by and see us!

Tony

Thanks Brother, unfortunately I'm about 10,000 miles away at the moment. Just trying to help my friend out as she's getting into "precision" shooting. She's down in the Savannah area, so it looks like ya'll are probably about 4 hours by way of those beautiful TN mountain roads.

hey folks, I was lucky enough to shoot here at strategic edge as a guest this week and WOW , what a great place they are starting up here... I was very impressed and I already have my application filled out and will be heading back this weekend to turn it in and pay up.

if you are looking for a place to shoot, check it out

hey folks, I was lucky enough to shoot here at strategic edge as a guest this week and WOW , what a great place they are starting up here... I was very impressed and I already have my application filled out and will be heading back this weekend to turn it in and pay up.

if you are looking for a place to shoot, check it out

Glad you liked the place, It has been very welcomed in the area. Look forward to seeing you this weekend.
We will be taking applications and doing safety walks Sat & Sun 12-5:00

It's about an hour and a half for me. Still definitely closer than Rock Castle. Interested, for sure.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk