• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

toddacguy

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2005
Garland TX
Heres a feeder that Iam building it holds 1680lbs.
041.jpg

Re: New Feeders

man, i like that. particularly the cage and the skidded bottom.
i hunt with some older guys that would love to see something like that. if it's something you're looking to market, i'd make two small suggestions for ease of climbing: add a ladder rung for shorter steps, and add a solid hand-hold.
good work.
cw

Looks fantastic! I've been wanting to build some myself, for more capacity...your design looks very simple.

A couple of questions / notes:
- What gauge aluminum did you end up with?
- It looks like the ladder may be best placed from the left (depending on the person), so that if I am more comfortable throwing a bag of corn on my right shoulder it would make the climb more easily managed.
- I agree with the hand-hold concept
- Might consider adding some tow points if you plan to enable the "skids"

I really like the look of what you've done...superb effort / results!

Best,
Max

that is very nice hate to see a price on that . but i hate backing my truck under mine and balancing on the side of the bed with a bag of corn over my shoulder.very nice though.....

Hay guy's I was thinking in the 750.00-800.00 range.
With out a motor.
I could put any hand hold you would like that feeder in the pic was the first one the other 3 I built were a little different they didnt have full cage's they only had 16"x16" cages just to cover the motor so in the off season they can have protien spouts .
The metal is 16ga Galv. Not Alum.

that's damn nice work... I would be in for a few if the shipping wasn't to excessive. Also considering they may be used a little farther north you might consider slanting the top a bit to allow for rain runoff and snow pack.