• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New for the Remington 700 - the Bolt Lift

Re: New for the Remington 700 - the Bolt Lift

Thanks! It appears there's plenty of factory knobs that are at the larger end of the spectrum. We're glad yours fit well.

By the way, we wanted to ask you guys who have bought knobs and things if you would have liked to have received a shipping notice email. Right now we don't send one out because we usually ship the same day or the next, but we will start doing it if guys want to see it. Thanks,
Justin

As long as you continue to ship the way you do now, I feel no notice will be necessary. I ordered my bolt lift the day before Christmas eve along with a couple other items from different vendors....the bolt lift arrived on the Monday after Christmas...everything from the other companies came 2 days later. Bravo guys! and absolutely fantastic product! I love mine!

Yeah... Your shipping was GREAT...

NOW.... go make one for a HOWA !!!!
smile.gif

Seriously... When/IF you make one for a Howa... let me know.. I NEED ONE!!

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

all these good reviews made me want one... just ordered one.

I would be interested in a Howa model . I turned down and threaded a Howa bolt and put a 'tactical' bolt knob on but it was a real pain in the butt . Please post if you decide to do one for a Howa .

david

I would order one if made for the Howa, Definitely a great invention, now get to it on the Howa model
wink.gif

would you make them for other rifles ?
Savages, Howa's etc ?

Form, function and cost. Full marks with function and cost = <span style="text-decoration: underline">winner</span>!

..I wish it had the same look as a badger knob (like the one I was about to buy) but I think this is just too good to pass up. Two on order very soon from me
smile.gif

Howdy,
New guy here long time follower first time poster. I just wanted to say the guys at KRG are awesome. After reading the great reviews here at the hide I placed an order on Friday the 31st. well holy cow it showed up today! The fit and finish are great and will be doing some bench testing next weekend. I was really surprised with the speed of the order and shipping, I mean ordered New Years Eve and Saturday the post office was closed so great job guys on the logistics! Most shops would have taken the order and not shipped out till Tuesday. Kudos on a great product.

This product looks really, really interesting. My only concern is cold weather performance. How will the polymer hold up in really cold (sub zero easy) weather? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys! We try to ship quick, like ol' Larry Potterfield. Metalhead, I responded to your pm.

So I see there is some interest in a Howa model, we'll see what we can do. Right now we're pretty busy with the first run of stocks.
Justin

"And that's the way it is"(Larry Potterfield)
Couldn't believe myself how fast I received my order. Knob fits great on my 700. Wish I had a long time ago. Great product and excellent customer service!

I really like the looks of these... Remington 700 SPS Tactical is my "go to" coyote rifle and ive noticed so far that when im winter hunting and have gloves on i tend to miss the bolt when im trying to chamber a round quickly...

Might have to pick one of these up.

I got mine today and I have to commend you on the Apple'esque packaging. Really smart to deliver it like you do instead of just in a brown envelope, nice!

My bolt was a tad to large so I had to remove some material for it to fit, but absolutely no problem. The rifle feels like a different one now, so much easier to LIFT the BOLT and to cycle it. Great product!!!

P1050817.jpg

P1050819.jpg

Just ordered one. I'm excited since I wanted a knob conversion, but never seen it as practical enough to send a bolt out for. One of the best ideas yet!

Got mine quick! It went on without any spacers and it fits perfectly. Zero play.

I was also very impressed with the packaging. Those extra touches score big points in my book.

Ordered Friday afternoon, received Monday afternoon! Great packaging and even better product. Worth every penny and then some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This product looks really, really interesting. My only concern is cold weather performance. How will the polymer hold up in really cold (sub zero easy) weather? Any thoughts? </div></div>

Can't vouch for sub zero but at 10 it didn't show any signs of problems on my last deer/yote hunt. After the hunt we shot for another few hours so total of 8 hr from about 9- 25 degrees.

This thing is not cheap material!

Been using mine for a couple months now. Just wanted to tell anyone one the fence about this product...do it. I didn't have a good smith in my area and didn't want to ship my bolt out to have a Badger knob installed and I couldn't be any happier. For the price and ease of installation it's perfect. Rock solid. Feels like it's welded on.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words guys! If any of you are at SHOT right now, stop by and say hi. Badger Ordnance graciously allowed us to put a Whiskey-3 in their booth (20440). PM me first because we're not always there but I'll give you my cell.
Justin

OK... I've been living on the fence about add on polymer parts. But...I realized I was the same way long ago about some of my other favorite manufacturers Glock and Magpul. I gave into the reviews placed an order just now. I'm hoping KPG makes my list of favorite manufacturers. Just got my order confirmation looking forward to installing it.

The "Bolt Lift" came in the mail today. The video was right - about 60 seconds to install. No slipping, no clearance problems with my scope, and feels good when cycling rounds. I'd definitely recommend this to others in the forum.

Good job KRG-OPS!

Got mine the other week and had a chance to use it last weekend. I tried all 3 Rem bolts that I've got and achieved perfect fit on all of them with the 2 nobs that I bought. Absolutely no need to bed at this stage. In the field they worked flawlessly. I like the feel of the polymer - its a bit more tactile than steel but obviously doesn't carry the same weight. It cost me a bit more to get them over to UK so I probably ended up paying nearly double what its costing you guys but they are worth every penny.

I installed mine a few weeks ago. Perfect fit and installed in about 2 minutes. The knob clears my scope just fine. Great fit and finish.

Thanks fellas, for all the great feedback. We're glad you all are happy with them.

-John

Had mine within 3 days or ordering. Installed on an 308sps, in about 2 min. I have had 2 days at the range with it, and it has worked great. Very good product.

Ordered on the night of the 24th got it on the morning of the 27th. I was skeptical. Mainly becasue it is 2 parts. I have been kicking around the idea for a long time about the badger. Decided on this at less than half the price before instalation it was too good to not at least try first. I don't regret it. I don't plan on doing more. Its nice.

Ordered today and passed the word along on a coupla of other gun forums. Looking forward to it.

Just ordered one. Really appreciate the fact that you can buy without creating an account. Last thing I need is another username/password to try to remember.

Ordered and on its way to me. Cant wait to try it out. Great alternative for us that dont have a reputable smith nearby

mike

This has turned out to be one hell of a product. I used it for the first time this weekend and it worked out great. At least six guys walked up to me with pen and paper in hand asking where they could get one too.

As far as installation goes, I had at first used the smaller o-rings, because the larger ones looked too big. After trying the smaller ones, I had a bit of slop, in that I could slightly twist the knob if I tried to. The larger ones didn't seem to want to fit, but I coated them with some oil to allow them to slip around during installation and it all went together very snug. No movement now.

Glad to hear guys! That's good thinking with the oil by the way.

Jayne, we had that specifically in mind when we chose our shopping cart software. We are not fans of having to make an account everytime. You either have to have an excel spreadsheet to track passwords, or use the same one for everything, both of which kind of defeat the purpose. If someone gets your password or your spreadsheet, you are SOL across the board.

Has anyone used the epoxy to do either a bedding style install or a permanent install?

Justin

I am waiting for my 308 to return from the smith with the chop and crown, after which I will install the bolt lift and go shooting. If it feels rocking, which I'm sure it will, I will have thought plenty about the permanent epoxy. However, there's alway the "But what if I sell the 308, why should I leave the lift?" So I predict I'll use blue threadlock (after verifying fit) and call it a day.

Do you anticipate stress upon the screws/holes would indicate bedding? If so, I'll think about it...

I will say my receipt of the bolt lift emanated class. Fast turn-around, cool tin box, lucid instructions.

I have installed two of these on client's rifles and they were really pleased with them. It's a neat alternative for those who either don't want to or can't modify their bolt handles.

My two just arrived today in the mail. I installed them in 5 minutes and its better than advertised. Get yours soon.

I put one on my XCT Long Range 300WM and a 700Ti in 7RM. Makes all the difference on the bolt operation and in the mountains in cold weather....well I can't wait until next elk season.

I ordered it 2 days ago and it was waiting for me in the mail today and I had just picked up my new 700 AAC-SD so.........yeah, it was a perfect end to the day.

Went on perfectly, didn't do the epoxy yet, sitting here cycling the bolt while watching TV with the old lady.

Incredible, well made product. It's just perfect that it was designed and made in the US. Wish I'd thought of it. Works perfectly.

The best $33 I've spent yet. Quick shipping, great quality. I cant say enough.

Took longer to find the right wrench than it did to install the product. Fits and seems to work exactly as you would want it to. No clearance problems on my AICS stock or 50mm scope.

As a total aside, back when I started dating my future wife she was not exactly anti-gun but pretty close. Tonight when I was installing the bolt knob in the living room and trying it out she said "can you stop dry firing for a minute, I want to make a phone call". Somehow having big ugly rifles laying around is no longer a big deal and she can correctly identify what I'm doing (and even correct my form when I'm not behind the rifle exactly right). My how times have changed.

bolt_knob_1.jpg

bolt_knob_2.jpg

bolt_knob_3.jpg

Massoud,
I first went with the non-bedding install, but have since used the supplied epoxy. A few WD-40 soaked Q-Tips removed the excess epoxy overrun for a clean finished look. Damn good product.

I just recieved mine in the mail today and it is awesome! I haven't gotten a chance to bring it to the range just yet. But the dry drills have felt really nice.

Just bought one for a shooting buddy.